It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Consummate away, but they shouldn't be able to marry their cigarettes.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You have the SAME rights as everyone else. You want SPECIAL rights.

Do you not have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex? I have that right, is it being denied you?

link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by XxCanexX

And I suspect that you never will, apparently your BELIEFS are different than mine.

Believe whatever you want.

But when those beliefs deny a human group the same Equal Rights you have - - - that goes beyond just having a belief.

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Gay marriage is not a right, and neither is a straight marriage....period!
How can a man-made institution be a human right?
That's like saying owning an Xbox is a human right

It should be up to the church to decide, and different churches can have different opinions.
And hey guess what, gay churches can open up too, private ones that is.

It's not the role of govt. to tell you who you can't marry
But wait... don't agree with me just yet, because it's also not the role of govt. to tell you who YOU CAN marry either.

I think marriage should be a personal thing, it should be left up to churches, straight or gay. Leave it to the public, if you want the states to legally recognize your marriage, implement a civil union law of some kind recognizing that there is a partnership. I think I may actually agree with you for once Modern Academia

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

And I suspect that you never will, apparently your BELIEFS are different than mine. Why is that so hard for anyone here to grasp? I do not believe that homosexuality follows the natural laws of this universe.

I can assure you that if everyone on this planet were allowed to do whatever they wanted to do, it would be a "hay-day" (that's just the Kentucky coming out). Actually, to put it more bluntly, it would be a blood bath, because there is so much hatred in this world. Now if you have read all of this thread you will know that that is not my stance, I do not hate homosexuals, I do not agree with their decisions. Big difference.

I don't have a hard time grasping that you and i have different beliefs, and that's a good thing that we do, it's part of what makes this a free society. It is completely fine that you think homosexuality goes against the natural laws of the universe, but what I don't understand is that your belief system is such that a gay couple would not be afforded the same rights as a straight couple and that just doesn't seem right in my mind.

and to your second point, how is allowing people the same rights going to result in a blood-bath? Nobody is saying that lets all go out and kill each other and say it's ok. all I am saying is why can we not all be afforded the same rights and privledges? I was not accusing you of hating homosexuals, and if it came off that way it was not intended.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

earlier in the thread it was developed, that there are more legal benefits, financial and medical that comes along with marriage,,, is this the main problem you have with gays marrying,, them having access to these things,,, or its more the traditional definition doest match the modern picture and so we shouldnt think about it, its just plain illegal,

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You have the SAME rights as everyone else. You want SPECIAL rights.

Not the ridiculous Special Rights again.

Trying to pull the copout again - - - "but you can marry someone of the opposite sex just like me".

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

"You have the SAME rights as everyone else. You want SPECIAL rights. "
These rights of marrying the opposite sex is not what gay people desiree, given that a large percentage of the population is gay...
why do they not get the right to marry the love of their life,

Can you see that to a gay person they have no rights to marriage?

also try to think of all of this in your mind as silly,,, try to see other points of view,,, i can see yours very clearly and imagine myself holding it,,, I would never want to infringe on another persons life however,,, i also know that others lives are non of my business,, i would also feel ashamed to tell another free creature of the world what it can or cannot do with its private life...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Gay people are born that way. I was attracted to boys when I was 5. I was never fooled around with by any adults.I was never attracted to girls and never have been.

How can a 5 yo boy choose to be gay? He cant. It's just how he is. It was natural for me to be gay. It still is natural for me to be gay. I never had any say in the matter.My birth was natural. Out popped a natural baby boy, oh and by the way he was gay and he would come to realise this as a very young lad!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Who mentioned sin?

That's a whole other topic.

I did.

Well I guess it is, but doesn't the whole anti-gay, and anti-gay marriage, thing stem from it being a sin according to christians, or am I confused again? (it can happen my brain has been/is being damaged from being a guinea pig for the US military 22 years ago during the first Gulf War, mostly memory and processing of pain stimuli).

Just ignore if I'm taking this off-topic.

edit on 4/4/2012 by ANOK because: I'm medicated

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
And for the record I am happy I am gay and that I wont be bringing any kids into this unpredictable, volatile and insane world. Most people only have kids to satisfy their own emotional needs without even really considering how bad things are gonna be in the future. Times may be tough now but we aint seen nothing yet!

The population would probably be double what it is now if every single person throughout mankinds history was heterosexual. Its a blessing in disguise! Babies are popping out left right and centre every second of every day. This madness cannot keep up for too much longer. We are trashing the planet like theres no tomorrow.

Dont take gays for granted. We exist for a reason.
edit on 4/4/2012 by DanielET because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well.. finally something with teeth

WTFU.. want me to spell it out. Who told you what we live is the correct way to live.. who told you to live this way.. are you thinking for yourself yet? are you.. NO REALLY ARE YOU?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Where do you people gay or straight think you have any rights??????????? You live in a fantasy land of rights that you perceive that exist. The only right people seem to want to justify is being a slave. What do you need a license for?? Who is it for?? What is its purpose?? A status symbol,for who?? A contractual agreement between two parties?what for? I thought you loved each other?? But you need it written down to justify?? I can print out a license for you. Can you get married without a license?? So once you have the license ,you now have the right?,is that it?? At your wedding ,did you rant around the room and show all your guests you new license?? Why not? Why is it the only license you don't need training for?? Your licensed to what?? To love each other? You better keep that license in a safe place then. Wouldn't want anything to happen to your rights. LMAO

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

It's up to the Church? Then I guess you're not in favor of Atheists marrying?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Marriage is just a title IMO... I mean do you love someone more if you are married? I would hope that your love wouldn't be oppressed due to lack of some title... I agree. The whole thing has an element of silliness.

Marriage gives the government, churches, and certain social constructs varying degrees of power over the married couple. The detriments become most apparent when the married couple splits up and the government through its courts steps in to decide what your financial future will be like depending to some degree on how long you were married.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

No, I do not see them as lower than myself. We are all people. I believe that homosexuality goes against the laws of nature. I have frequently seen gay couples kissing and holding hands, and while I do believe they have the right to do that, to ME that is not the natural order of things.

so you are scared that your children will see people...... holding hands?
and.... kissing?!
KISSING IS SO GROSS
well
i am so glad people like you are putting a stop to that unspeakable horror
before it spreads further!

i will sleep a lot easier in my bed tonight
knowing that wiser minds than mine are choosing who can and cannot sleep beside me

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You might be confused. I'm an agnostic who accepts gay people, but opposes Gay Marriage. I do so on the grounds that I feel preserving the definition of marriage as that between a man and woman is in the best interests of a healthy society. It seems the majority of the world agrees that marriage should be between a man and a woman (See Here).

Also it's important to note that homophobia and intolerance exist in all types of peoples in all walks of life - there are even Atheists that are anti-gay. It is not a Christian-specific trait nor should it be attributed to Christianity alone. Islam is an example of another religion that is vehemently anti-gay in scripture and law.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Humans can love eachother without physical touching. You love your father, mother and relatives this way! Humans have reached this point in society and life due to the relationship of Male and Female. This is how even gays where born. Earth is mother nature or female while the Sun is male which both give life to all on earth!
Look at your power point, it has female ends with a plug being male. Same as your computer with a USB stick. This is life &b death. Don't fear for the time is near!
edit on 4-4-2012 by Archangelelijah because: Incorrect

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Let me solve this little riddle of gay marriage!

People who are against the marriage of the gays, all stand on the ground that its morally wrong. Somehow it's against Gods will for the gays to be married. That's all fine and dandy, and I do understand their stand on what their religion or moral compass teaches them to think. Here's the problem............

We have laws that are designed to prevent harm to others or to someones self. If whatever you do does not harm someone, or yourself you are absolutely free to pursue whatever it is you want to do. In a free society this is the golden thumb of law, and what we as a society live by. So regardless of what religion, or morale compass you have in life, you cannot stop someone from pursuing what they want to do if it doesn't affect you or them in a negative way.

I would also say that by allowing gay marriage we are also promoting an even better society. They would be able to help one another by having one or the other put on their health coverage. That in itself helps a society when a person is now able to have health coverage. There's also the tax status of marriage couples.

The bottom line on this subject is this. The world and times we live in are changing in a fast and dramatic way. Religion has played a very large part in decision making, and the way people thought about certain things for a very long time; however, religion is starting to take a backseat to more logical, and modern thinking.

Gay marriage should be allowed on the facts I have laid out here in this post. If it doesn't hurt you, them or anyone involved than how could we not allow them to pursue their happiness, and what they feel is their right. It is their right, and it is wrong to tell someone they can't have what all of us who are married to a woman have. I have been happily married to my wife for 13 years. I once thought that gay marriage should be banned. The more I thought about it, the more I realized what I have explained here.

If you disagree with this, than I can't tell you anything more than "I'm sorry, but your wrong."

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Let me solve this little riddle of gay marriage!

People who are against the marriage of the gays, all stand on the ground that its morally wrong. Somehow it's against Gods will for the gays to be married. That's all fine and dandy, and I do understand their stand on what their religion or moral compass teaches them to think. Here's the problem............

We have laws that are designed to prevent harm to others or to someones self. If whatever you do does not harm someone, or yourself you are absolutely free to pursue whatever it is you want to do. In a free society this is the golden thumb of law, and what we as a society live by. So regardless of what religion, or morale compass you have in life, you cannot stop someone from pursuing what they want to do if it doesn't affect you or them in a negative way.

I would also say that by allowing gay marriage we are also promoting an even better society. They would be able to help one another by having one or the other put on their health coverage. That in itself helps a society when a person is now able to have health coverage. There's also the tax status of marriage couples.

The bottom line on this subject is this. The world and times we live in are changing in a fast and dramatic way. Religion has played a very large part in decision making, and the way people thought about certain things for a very long time; however, religion is starting to take a backseat to more logical, and modern thinking.

Gay marriage should be allowed on the facts I have laid out here in this post. If it doesn't hurt you, them or anyone involved than how could we not allow them to pursue their happiness, and what they feel is their right. It is their right, and it is wrong to tell someone they can't have what all of us who are married to a woman have. I have been happily married to my wife for 13 years. I once thought that gay marriage should be banned. The more I thought about it, the more I realized what I have explained here.

If you disagree with this, than I can't tell you anything more than "I'm sorry, but your wrong."

Mr Skeptic! It does hurt the next generation. How many young people male or female love their best friend for the emotional support they give them in tough times. Do you want to confuse the next generation in the meaning of love and support with an emotional value not a physical? Should they have sex due to the fact they love each other only to find their connection was emotional? After a physical encounter the whole senario changes with a relationship. There has been numerous cases where this has happened. 100 years ago this was not socially exceptable why should it now. Again, humans would not be where we are today in the form of Male, Female relations forming life on earth! Respect what is natural!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join