It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAbsolutes
reply to post by ImaFungi

actually you can study this well in rats, in overpopulation experiments. as the rat to resource ratio became too much, over generations there appeared more and more homosexual rats.the experment is, for all intents and purposes, proving that homosexuality is one way that nature attempts to correct the problem of lack of resources.

nature does seem to have pre-determined reactions to stimuli. just as with physics and chemistry, nature seems to have a law for everything. just because we dont currently recognize all these laws, doesnt mean they arent in place.

you can also see how life is always trying to survive, life always evolves better ways to survive when an untapped resource becomes available. this to me seems like a law of nature itself.

its interesting that it would cause homosexuality instead of just a bunch of dead babies once the population hits a certain point vs available resources, its almost like nature is providing a happier solution, one that gives hope and happiness in a situation of lack and suffering.

How does life survive, evolve and prosper in a homosexual rat community? I mean beyond the current generation of rats.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bulldetector

For decades it was recognise us, we are different!
General public said OK, you are different.
Now its, recognise us, we are the same!

Different? Homosexuals were forced by Society to live on the fringe and create their own culture. It was not their choice - - it was their survival.

Yes - humans are the same species - - - no matter what their birth orientation is.

Evolution of society - - awareness - acceptance - education.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Yes the flashy Gay Pride rallies were about expressing difference - and acceptance of difference - and the public said OK, you are different and we accept you.

Now its actually - we are the same, we want to marry!
The public is rightly confused.

TPTB are masters of selling us opposites. They have sold us evolution (devolution) and 'humanism' (animalism) - a slow death spiral for the upward aspirations of the human soul.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Part of me says give gay people the right to be as miserable as heterosexual couples.
We will not be begging for rights. Our rights are not conditional. Whether you want us or are ready for us to have them is irrelevant. You're not in any position to dictate my rights and my life. You're not above me.

But, its gay politics, fueled by TPTB.

Wrong. For decades, and it continues today, anti-gays have gone out of their way to separate themselves and separate heterosexuality from homosexuality and make all kinds of distinctions and fabricate reasons why gay people are somehow deviant, are somehow beneath straights, and shouldn't have a place in society. What we as a community are now doing is speaking out and not taking the discrimination any longer. And we have a plurality of America (at least) on our side now. Because they recognize that we ARE the same, in that we're all human. And legal citizens. Who require equal rights.

If gay marriage is allowed, its open slather - someone wants to marry an online avatar, a car, a toaster, its OK.
Man, woman, child is perverse; or at best one of a multitude of life choices on the rainbow.

Its just another step towards relativism, humanism and the downward spiritual spiral of the human - All watched laughingly by TPTB.

You are like most anti-gays, you seem to have this idea you're more moral than others because you choose to be anti-gay whereas others choose to be gay accepting or, in your minds, gay people choose to be gay. That's not the case. You are not a moral arbiter and being anti-gay doesn't make you a moral individual. It doesn't make you anything but anti-gay. And you also, like most anti-gays, have this idea that if we embrace homosexuality as a society, heterosexuality will be pushed aside and thrown to the wolves. Which is funny, since there are millions of openly-straight gay accepting individuals around the world, who have never engaged in gay sex. I don't see them hating heterosexuality or calling heterosexuality deviant.

There isn't a gay vs straight schism for anyone but you and other anti-gays. It's a weird way of thinking. Non anti-gays simply aren't that concerned with sexuality overall.

Opposite-sex marriage hasn't led to toasters marrying, so why would same-sex marriage? It's all marriage at the end of the day.
edit on 7-4-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Different? Homosexuals were forced by Society to live on the fringe and create their own culture. It was not their choice - - it was their survival.

Yes - humans are the same species - - - no matter what their birth orientation is.

Evolution of society - - awareness - acceptance - education.

Yes the flashy Gay Pride rallies were about expressing difference - and acceptance of difference - and the public said OK, you are different and we accept you.

TPTB are masters of selling us opposites. They have sold us evolution (devolution) and 'humanism' (animalism) - a slow death spiral for the upward aspirations of the human soul.
The public HAS NOT accepted gay people until basically Tyler Clementi committed suicide and people began to realize homophobia is the disease it is and that it's destroying our society and our youth and innocent individuals are in the line of fire. Gay pride has in fact been used as a reason to not accept gay people as an acceptable part of society. And trust me, gay pride rallies are not about expressing differences, at least not that alone. It's about expressing pride in ones' self regardless of who you are. And being OUT and being without inhibition. It's not just a gay thing, either, as straight people are totally welcome at pride. It's all about individuality. It's not a statement to homophobes, people like you aren't really on the minds of gay people, nor straight supporters. You're not that big of a deal.

The public is confused? No, ignorant people are confused. Don't conflate the two. Education is necessary as it's obvious there is too much ignorance surrounding this issue. But it's ignorance nonetheless. Educated people seem to get it. Especially educated young folk; they seem to get it. People with experiences around gay people and the gay community get it. Trust me, a lot of people get it. Too bad you don't.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAbsolutes
reply to post by ImaFungi

actually you can study this well in rats, in overpopulation experiments. as the rat to resource ratio became too much, over generations there appeared more and more homosexual rats.the experment is, for all intents and purposes, proving that homosexuality is one way that nature attempts to correct the problem of lack of resources.

nature does seem to have pre-determined reactions to stimuli. just as with physics and chemistry, nature seems to have a law for everything. just because we dont currently recognize all these laws, doesnt mean they arent in place.

you can also see how life is always trying to survive, life always evolves better ways to survive when an untapped resource becomes available. this to me seems like a law of nature itself.

its interesting that it would cause homosexuality instead of just a bunch of dead babies once the population hits a certain point vs available resources, its almost like nature is providing a happier solution, one that gives hope and happiness in a situation of lack and suffering.

How does life survive, evolve and prosper in a homosexual rat community? I mean beyond the current generation of rats.
I could extrapolate on this but I'll keep it very simple-----gay doesn't=sterile.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Crazy, you are a sockpuppet for TPTB.

Marriage is man and woman, the necessity of new life, of renewal of the species.
Anything else is great, really, but it isn't marriage.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
OK, no personal attacks, good. Hopefully everyone here is able to discuss their feelings without being insulting and rude. We'll see how that goes. For my part, I'm just going to do what Annee is doing, ignore all inflammatory posts which are done with attention-seeking intent anyway.

Good choice. Not always easy. Shut eyes - mentally and/or physically walk away if necessary.
Good advice; that's what I'm gonna do. Just step away from the PC before exploding

Not that any gay person needs to justify their orientation to anyone.
Exactly. Which is why the choice vs inborn debate is ultimately an irrelevant one. People are gay, and whether or not it's a choice means nothing. Doesn't mean we don't deserve equal rights, respect and a place in society without discrimination. It's wrong to be anti-gay and there are no conditions that make it acceptable.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Marriage is man and woman, the necessity of new life, of renewal of the species.
1) The actual, official definition of marriage includes same-sex couples.

2) Marriage isn't solely to procreate.

3) Gay/lesbian folk are not sterile and can procreate.

4) What you think "really isn't marriage" is irrelevant. Marriage is marriage, and the definition includes same-sex couples, making it marriage. When a couple marries and their marriage becomes legally official, then it's officially a marriage. And if you thought it was great that same-sex couples got together, you wouldn't have any issue with they marrying one another.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

4) What you think "really isn't marriage" is irrelevant. Marriage is marriage, and the definition includes same-sex couples, making it marriage. When a couple marries and their marriage becomes legally official, then it's officially a marriage. And if you thought it was great that same-sex couples got together, you wouldn't have any issue with they marrying one another.

The definition of 'marriage' that exists in your head doesn't count.

Marriage is Man and Woman. That's it, the source.

Homosexual unions are 'sterile' - your word, I agree. Leave marriage fior we 'breeders' that you deride and laugh at.

You are free to knit a jumper (lesbian union) or engage in sex with complete strangers (gay man union).
And call it what you will, make up some name or names.
But the word 'marriage' is taken, sorry.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

what part of environmental poisoning from endocrine disruptors flies over your head?
All you address is your own pre-suppositions and counter with hateful rhetoric.

Lets all talk science.
Endocrine disruptors and failed fathers/father figures.
Are we ready to post some scientific facts yet?
We are getting closer as the martyr card and personal insults is waning fast....good good.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The definition of 'marriage' that exists in your head doesn't count.

Marriage is Man and Woman. That's it, the source.

Homosexual unions are 'sterile' - your word, I agree. Leave marriage fior we 'breeders' that you deride and laugh at.

You are free to knit a jumper (lesbian union) or engage in sex with complete strangers (gay man union).
And call it what you will, make up some name or names.
But the word 'marriage' is taken, sorry.
Homophobes like you really make me laugh. Since you deny being homophobes. Yet you blatantly mock gay people and blatantly say "sorry gays, you're beneath me, no marriage for you", like we're little children and you're our parents. The lack of respect is glaring. You have absolutely no respect of gay/lesbian people. So, don't expect me to respect any of your wishes and concerns.

The official definition of marriage includes same-sex couples. That's just a basic fact of reality. You may not recognize same-sex marriages as marriage, but that's what it is officially. You have not nor will ever have complete control of the word marriage as a straight person, who enters a male-female relationship, that isn't and never will be the sole definition of marriage and you simply don't have the privilege you think you do to dictate the lives and rights of other individuals.

When have I called you or any straight person here a breeder? You're gay vs straight attitude is glaring. You have hostility towards the gay community. Trust, we don't care about you or people like you that much. We write you off as the ignorant people you are, and yes, we laugh, but that's at you and anti-gays, not straights as a whole. Straight people are basically a totally different species for us. Anti-gays, well, you all make it easy for us to laugh at you. Straight people are also laughing at you. Don't think it's a gay vs straight thing. We're laughing at the stupidity. Just want to give you a heads up on that, share that secret with you.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

TPTB are masters of selling us opposites.

They're also masters at turning people against each other. As long as the population remains divided, as it is in this case, we will never unite and stand up united to stop the tyranny.

You can choose to embrace equality and freedom, or you can choose strife and tyranny. Which path will you choose to follow?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Mardi Gras

Human = same. If public is confused - - they are choosing to be confused.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

what part of environmental poisoning from endocrine disruptors flies over your head?
All you address is your own pre-suppositions and counter with hateful rhetoric.

Lets all talk science.
Endocrine disruptors and failed fathers/father figures.
Are we ready to post some scientific facts yet?
We are getting closer as the martyr card and personal insults is waning fast....good good.

Now now, manna, no personal attacks, remember? I know baiting others into attacks is your specialty, but I simply won't engage.

As for your other non-facts, mis-truths and lies, there isn't any real need to address them. Anyone can go on the web, see what all accredited medical organizations have to say on the subject matter, and make up their own minds on whether or not you're theories are credible or not.

I've posted facts, which you, most likely intentionally, have avoided to discuss. Until you're ready to be serious, I won't be responding to you any further.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm closing this temporarily to let tempers cool down and to get other staff input.

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join