It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

what if the laws of society and government are fundamentally wrong?

who controls the government?

who controls the laws of the society?

why do we not wish to be free?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Gay marriage provides absolutely no benefits

Wow

what are you on

Seriously??

One example: I'm thinking, one's lover is in a horrible accident, in their likely dying moments and you rush to the hospital:

"Are you an immediate member of the family?"

Yes. spouse

Sorry, same sex marriage isn't recognized in our state. You are not immediate family. Goodbye.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Pretty much.

reply to post by ImaFungi

what if the laws of society and government are fundamentally wrong?

who controls the government?

who controls the laws of the society?

why do we not wish to be free?

When you figure it out my good man. Let me know.
edit on 4-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No the only way your argument works is if you are taking up ModernAcademia's stance that there should be no State recognition for marriage at all. In which no bonded pair has any specific legal status.

Anything less and you have put yourself in the position of foisting religious law imposed on the state. You effectively have become the American equivalent of the Taliban in that scenario. The State should have no preference of religion, ethnicity, sex , or sexual orientation all being equal in the eyes and treatment of the law.
edit on 4-4-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Apparently you missed my earlier post about animal behavior. Animals eat their young, animals engage in cannibalism. Animals engage in homosexuality, mostly to show dominance. I would like to think that we humans are above certain behaviors. We have an intelligence that goes above basic instincts, we can think critically. Well, we should be able to think critically.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

Apparently you missed my earlier post about animal behavior. Animals eat their young, animals engage in cannibalism. Animals engage in homosexuality, mostly to show dominance. I would like to think that we humans are above certain behaviors. We have an intelligence that goes above basic instincts, we can think critically. Well, we should be able to think critically.

Animals are more likely to engage in heterosexual pairing than homosexual.

So following the above desperate logic, to be homosexual is to be more above instinctual animalistic behaviors, indeed.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Actually you are correct. Animals are more likely to engage in heterosexual behavior, however they DO engage in homosexual behavior and it has been shown as a way for them to show dominance.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

yes,,, this is why im surprised, you wish to ignore the numbers of gay people that exist as humans,, you think by fighting the good fight against them will make them disappear,, this is not the case,,,, what is the critically thought out solution to this problem?

humans also do a lot more sinister and vicious things then most animals could ever think/imagine, produce....

the thing is you are on the winning side right now,, because the law is on your side,,,, you can think you are right,, and good and intelligent,, but this shouldn't even have to be debated,,, your people are in power,, this world is a highshool,, the gays are a clique.. its just soo simple,, they should be aloud to marry,,,
edit on 4-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Actually you are correct. Animals are more likely to engage in heterosexual behavior, however they DO engage in homosexual behavior and it has been shown as a way for them to show dominance.

So homosexuals are akin to dominatrixes now, too?

You're full of it, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

The State / Government should be looking out for the public at large. This is why they are there. To maintain civilized order and the protection from foreign threats.

Gay unions do not contribute to society. It actually adds to its problem.

Marriage just so happens to produce off spring. The more mentally and physically healthy that off spring remains throughout its child hood , the better chance he/she has in benefiting society. So yeah , i say children and their families are worth investing in.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm afraid that it is YOU that has got it wrong. Marriage was defined by God along time ago (man and woman) in the garden and is almost as old as dirt it self. The 'Church' (unsure which church your referencing to here) did not make marriage, God himself did. What I find Ironic and incredibly arrogant is that you believe everyone has got it wrong accept you!
edit on 4-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You keep spewing your personal delusions as factual statements. It's quite audacious!

Please seek psychiatric attention, before you keep insulting some 10% of society so nonchalantly.

Are you really that disgusting in person toward all gay unions - and the gay humans in them??

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by KeliOnyx

The State / Government should be looking out for the public at large. This is why they are there. To maintain civilized order and the protection from foreign threats.

Marriage just so happens to produce off spring. The more mentally and physically healthy that off spring remains throughout its child hood , the better chance he/she has in benefiting society. So yeah , i say children and their families are worth investing in.

now i know why there are terrorists and problems,,,you are better then everyone,, and you and the elite people like you single handedly manifest society and all its glory.

also dont know how accurate,, but www.ranker.com...
edit on 4-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

How does it add to the problem? It doesn't other than to offend your self righteous sense of morality. Second if that is the stance you wish to take than it is reasonable to then assume that any heterosexual that has not, cannot, or choose to not produce children should not qualify for marriage in your view? Because what you have just told us is that the only reason the State should sanction marriage is to promote birth rates.

Equality under the law is it's own benefit to the State is this little thing we like to call justice. Not to mention that it is in the state's best economic interests to allow gay marriage. It adds to increased economic activity and increased revenues from licenses and reduced court cases.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Do you have beliefs? Are there things in this world that you think are fundementally wrong? Do you agree with murder? Do you agree with pedophilia, beastiality? Do you agree with prostitution? These things to me are fundamentally wrong. I believe that they go against the natural laws of the universe.

Yes, I believe it is fundamentally wrong to be intolerant of someone who isn't hurting anyone, including taking away their right to happiness. Pedophilia hurts children. Beastiality hurts animals. Murder takes someone's life. Homosexuals don't want to hurt anyone. They want to love who they want to love, and they want to marry who they love. Not the same AT ALL as pedophilia, beastiality, murder or prostitution.

What exactly are the natural laws of the universe? And how is two people wanting to commit to each other, and have all the same legal rights and entitlements as others, going against the natural laws of the universe?

If I was a religious person, I would be praying that your children don't end up gay. Because I think if they were, you would break their heart.
edit on 4-4-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Did I say that homosexuals are akin to dominatrixes??? No I don't believe that I did. I said that ANIMALS do often times engage in homosexual behavior and that often times it has been shown as a form of dominance. Don't twist my words, they are right there in plain sight. If I mean to say something then I will say it. I don't have a habit of holding back my opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When there are more states legally allowing first cousins to marry than states that legally allow two non related individuals to marry, you know you lived in a fuc*ed up country.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Is a male dog humping it's owners leg beastiality? Course not.

Of course, homophobics/heterocentrics want to paint a picture of gays being sub-human abominations unworthy of marriage or even human.

Theres even this religious/wiccan neighbor chick she says its against her personal/religious beliefs for people to be gay. LOL to "be" gay so of course gays shouldnt be 'allowed' to marry. Some people are so self-centered and that's why the world is full of oppression and injustices - and in God's name? - what a SHAME.

lol:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Did I say that homosexuals are akin to dominatrixes??? No I don't believe that I did.

Umm, how did you miss the question mark, and the question?

I am asking up front if you can relate an dominatrix (who provides sexual domination) to what you are accusing the homosexual act as being usually for. It seems that IS what you are insinuating, otherwise mention homosexuality in animals if for dominance. If it is for dominance, then it is NOT "sexuality" (duh) and likewise it would be a leap of (ill) fate to even indirectly (cough) reduce gays to throbbing members craving to dominate another, and.or quivering buttocks yearning to be dominated, sodomized. Is the human homosexual orientation mostly about animalistic sex acts? If that's the case then what purpose would gays be seeking, fighting for, their right to MARRY their loved one?!?

But, I digress - as I do see now you are full of it, semantics and all.

May your progeny grow wiser than you ever did!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Do you have beliefs? Are there things in this world that you think are fundementally wrong? Do you agree with murder? Do you agree with pedophilia, beastiality? Do you agree with prostitution? These things to me are fundamentally wrong. I believe that they go against the natural laws of the universe.

Yes, I believe it is fundamentally wrong to be intolerant of someone who isn't hurting anyone, including taking away their right to happiness. Pedophilia hurts children. Beastiality hurts animals. Murder takes someone's life. Homosexuals don't want to hurt anyone. They want to love who they want to love, and they want to marry who they love. Not the same AT ALL as pedophilia, beastiality, murder or prostitution.

What exactly are the natural laws of the universe? And how is two people wanting to commit to each other, and have all the same legal rights and entitlements as others, going against the natural laws of the universe?

If I was a religious person, I would be praying that your children don't end up gay. Because I think if they were, you would break their heart.
edit on 4-4-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

I knew what your answer would be, I have heard it countless times. I am not being intolerant. Everyone in this country has the sames rights to marry. Husband and wife. Male and female. If they choose not to accept that right that is their decision. They want special rights. They want the books wiped clean and to make new laws and enact new ordinances especially for them.

I haven't taken away anyones right to happiness. Homosexuals have as much chance at happiness as anyone else. There are many, many, many straight couples who have found happiness outside of marriage. I wonder how that can be so, apparently the only way for a homosexual couple to be happy is through marriage.

It is natural in the universe for male and female to procreate to further the species. Males alone or females alone can not do that. There are times when a heterosexual couple, for whatever reason can not procreate, but that doesn't go against nature, sometimes things just don't work out for them. Sometimes they choose not to bring children into this world, but could if they wanted too. Homosexuals can not bring children into this world without outside help.
Also, my children are perfectly aware of who I am, what I believe and that I am not a hurtful person. They understand that you can disagree with someone and still love them. I don't appreciate your condescending attitude, you need not worry or pray for my children.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join