It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

This is why we have history books my good sir.

reply to post by KeliOnyx

You do know the same thing can be said for my side of the argument ? The State / Feds should have no role in granting Gay's marriage , or making it legal.

edit on 4-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

In other words you can't defend your position and you need to resort to ridicule and mockery.
You gays are so predictable in your effort to spread your religion of hate and intolerance but at the first sign of opposition you resort to primitive, (not childish) but primitive attacks to win what?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So since freedom is a human right as you yourself put it, people should be free to pair and bond with whomever they choose right? So then by default if the State is going to recognize one pair one way then they must recognize the other exactly the same under the law.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by kaylaluv

I don't like to repeat myself, but here goes.

I have stated that I would indeed love my children if they grow up to be gay. I would not accept their lifestyle choice, and I would not change my stance on the subject. I think that prostitution is wrong, if my child grew up to be a prostitute, I would still love them but prostitution would still be wrong.

You didn't really answer my questions, so I will have to make assumptions.

If your child asked you to support them by voting YES on the "legalization of Gay Marriage" bill in your state so they could marry their loved one, I think you would do it.

If your child asked you to support them by helping them plan their gay wedding, I think you would do it.

If someone in your neighborhood told you that your child was wrong to be gay, I think you would show your support of them by defending them.

Am I wrong in my assumptions?

And, nice try on substituting prostitution for pedophilia. Unfortunately, it's still not a fair comparison. There's no love or commitment in prostitution - there IS love and commitment in homosexuality. That's the whole point of this discussion. Gays want to marry the one they love and commit to.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

This is why we have history books my good sir.

yes.... history has shown that black people were once slaves,, we abolished that..... history has shown gay people were not shown tolerance to marry,, we will abolish this view point,, and then that will be in the history books, and the future will rejoice in our justice and equality. and tolerance,, compassion, understanding, intelligence,, communication..unity.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
So since freedom is a human right as you yourself put it, people should be free to pair and bond with whomever they choose right? So then by default if the State is going to recognize one pair one way then they must recognize the other exactly the same under the law.

No they shouldn't recognize either

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

How would you react if people protested you, degraded you, challenged you on the way you live your life? What would you do if you were told you cannot marry the one you love? What would you do if you were born gay, and always had to defend yourself against the fanatics who claim to "know" that being gay is a choice? I have gay friends and family members and I can tell you that it is not a choice. I commend the gay community for being in your face, and proud of it. I know I wouldn't sit back and accept that because people aren't comfortable with it, I shouldn't be who I am. This topic makes me so angry! Especially at all the religious nuts who say that gays will burn in hell. (not all religious people are nuts, just to clarify)
I don't care to debate with anyone on this. People should be able to love who they want. And it's not MY place or YOUR place to tell anyone that it's not right or judge them. PERIOD

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Marriages are not owned by churches. They are civil unions and a very important legal contract that provides for equality between men and women and fincancial/property/etc.

They are intrinsic rights, period. No one can tell me what is my right or anothers. Ever.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ok so you are trying to make an argument on something other than what reality is, thank you for clarifying you are just looking for attention. I will nto waste any further time responding to you.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Gay Unions are a Unatural act. You wanna be Gay? That is none of my business. However , who in their right mind would legalize an act that is obviously not meant to be and has very real consequences that isn't exactly beneficial to society?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

driving cars is an unnatural act,, eating synthetic foods that arent naturally made is unnatural,, any invention ( phones, computers ) are not natural and should be made illegal immediately,, religion is not naturally,, its about as man made a concept as being gay... do you know how many amazing humans that have contributed to society in forms that you are thankful for have been gay?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

reply to post by kaylaluv

I don't like to repeat myself, but here goes.

I have stated that I would indeed love my children if they grow up to be gay. I would not accept their lifestyle choice, and I would not change my stance on the subject. I think that prostitution is wrong, if my child grew up to be a prostitute, I would still love them but prostitution would still be wrong.

You didn't really answer my questions, so I will have to make assumptions.

If your child asked you to support them by voting YES on the "legalization of Gay Marriage" bill in your state so they could marry their loved one, I think you would do it.

If your child asked you to support them by helping them plan their gay wedding, I think you would do it.

If someone in your neighborhood told you that your child was wrong to be gay, I think you would show your support of them by defending them.

Am I wrong in my assumptions?

And, nice try on substituting prostitution for pedophilia. Unfortunately, it's still not a fair comparison. There's no love or commitment in prostitution - there IS love and commitment in homosexuality. That's the whole point of this discussion. Gays want to marry the one they love and commit to.

I would not vote yes for gay marriage, I do not agree with it.
I would not help plan a gay marriage, I do not agree with it.
I would defend my child, I would not defend their actions. You can love someone and not agree with their actions.
Do you have beliefs? Are there things in this world that you think are fundementally wrong? Do you agree with murder? Do you agree with pedophilia, beastiality? Do you agree with prostitution? These things to me are fundamentally wrong. I believe that they go against the natural laws of the universe.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Actually pretty much everything you listed has a purpose and follows proper laws of nature (so far). A computer is used for an array of things , its an awesome information machine. Phones are used to contact some one , awesome. Cars are used so people may travel more easily and quickly.

Gay marriage provides absolutely no benefits what so ever.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

"Do you agree with murder? These things to me are fundamentally wrong. I believe that they go against the natural laws of the universe. "

ever had chicken or a hamburger?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

can you show me the chart/gauge of all things that are aloud to exist in society based on their benefits? what benefits does beer have for society? what about war/weapons? jewelry? toys? this is all junk that does nothing to benefit society...

edit on 4-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes, as a matter of fact I have had both. Delicious!!

Do I believe that killing an animal for nourishment is murder, no I do not. I believe it is self sustaining.

It is called the food chain.
edit on 4-4-2012 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What? Look around you maybe?

AHH , i see your psychology. The world already has bad things in it , wont hurt to add more.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yes, as a matter of fact I have had both. Delicious!!

Do I believe that killing an animal for nourishment is murder, no I do not. I believe it is self sustaining.

It is called the food chain.
edit on 4-4-2012 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

yes but this food chain,, relies on killing,, and this is a part of the natural way of the univers.

because you said murder is fundementally wrong,, you said homosexuality is fundamentally wrong.. and they both go against the universe,,,, yet on this planet in this universe,,, murder is found in nature,,, and homosexuality is found in nature as well,,, between animals,, between humans,,,
edit on 4-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

nope,, my psychology is,,, if a human being considers himself to be free, and is considered free... they should be able to marry who ever they want,, without you or a bunch of yous stopping them.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Problem is you arent free. Its called Government and Laws of Society.

2nd.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join