It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

You do know that race was added in there for a reason. "Special" rights for interracial marriages. All you have to do now is add in "without any limitation due to race, sexual orientation, nationality or religion". Easy peasy.

Actually marriage public policy shouldnt have to get into sexual orientation.

If they would just NOT stipulate that the marriage between man and woman (which is sexism), then their marriage policy would stop being sexist.

There's no reason they can't say between two consenting adults instead of stipulate man and woman.

As long as the law stipulates sex/ender exclusivity, it remains sexist.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

the debate should be a few words,,, i dont claim to be open minded or anything,,,, i dont need to,, i have no patience left,,, there is no debate,,, gay people should be able to marry.... they should......... yes

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I can only say that I feel pity for someone with as much hate in their heart as you seem to be harboring. You have your beliefs and I have mine. You are free to express your opinion and so am I. It is really quite simple. You are upset because I do not agree with you. You call me an idiot, because I do not agree with you. It seems quite clear to me who, of the two of us, is the closed minded one.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
i dont care what you think of me,,, i think your an idiot and a lot worse,, you are on a high horse,, you have the law on your side,, power,, but your an a hole,, an idiot.. people like you, are the same,,, this isnt a game, or a battle against gay people,,, this shouldnt be a debate,,, you enjoy the fact gay people cant do what the want,, you are a predator,, an evil person,,,

So let's get this hate speech of yours straight, just so I understand

she is the manifestation of absolute evil because she is just giving her opinions in a debate, naturally since varying opinions is the main ingredient of a debate, but you say that this shouldn't even be a debate as if her voice should be shut thereby denying of her a REAL HUMAN RIGHT, freedom, her voice to say what she feels.

Wow, the dodo birds are out in sheeps clothing

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
heres the deal,,,,,, you have to choose one............... the way things are now..... gay people want to be able to marry each other.......... thats the present situation.......

option 1) the future situation can be we eliminate all gay people,, and in schools teach against homosexuality and make sure it never happens again.

Option 2) or we can let gay people get married.......

what would another option be? well right now as i said in the present moment,, there are a lot of gay people and they wish they could marry each other legally,,,,, what do you propose? more ignoring?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by kaylaluv

I have already responded to this question. Please read the entire thread in order to know my stance on this issue.

I read you said you would love them, but still disagree with it. But, what if your child asked.. no, begged, you to help them fight for their rights as a gay person? What if they said they couldn't continue their relationship with you if you didn't side with them on this. What if they wanted to marry someone of their own gender -- you would refuse to participate in the ceremony? You would refuse to acknowledge their significant other? You didn't answer that in this thread.

The thing is, I don't think you would be so much against homosexuality if one of your children was gay. I think you love your children enough to be on their side when they need you to be. I just wish you could be that way with someone else's children. Because every gay person was/is someone's child.

And please don't compare homosexuality with pedophilia. Pedophilia involves hurting someone. Homosexuality is between consenting adults.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

why is it illegal for 2 men to marry,,, why do you care,, why should your belief or opinion effect these peoples lives?

because their real lives are much more important and real then this internet debate.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yea in a way, it WOULD be a non- issue,

except marriage laws stipulate between man and woman

so the issue (created by the marriage law wording)

lies only in sexism, not necessarily in sexual orientation.

heck if two straight men or a gay and a straight man want to live happily ever after as a married couple for whatever reason (it happens) they should likewise be afforded the same "right" of marriage

(i just dont see IMMIGRATION or even IRS at the fed level, ever recognizing same sex marriages - well not in another generation, at least.)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

heres the deal,,,,,, you have to choose one............... the way things are now..... gay people want to be able to marry each other.......... thats the present situation.......

option 1) the future situation can be we eliminate all gay people,, and in schools teach against homosexuality and make sure it never happens again.

what would another option be? well right now as i said in the present moment,, there are a lot of gay people and they wish they could marry each other legally,,,,, what do you propose? more ignoring?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Face it,

most religious persons stand by their beliefs as more important than others rights.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

why is it illegal for 2 men to marry,,, why do you care,, why should your belief or opinion effect these peoples lives?

because their real lives are much more important and real then this internet debate.

mature dialogue is VERY important

If you read my opening post in this very thread you'll see that what I suggest CAN'T affect these people's lives.

But you have actually read instead of knee-jerk name calling

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

You do know that race was added in there for a reason. "Special" rights for interracial marriages. All you have to do now is add in "without any limitation due to race, sexual orientation, nationality or religion". Easy peasy.

Actually marriage public policy shouldnt have to get into sexual orientation.

If they would just NOT stipulate that the marriage between man and woman (which is sexism), then their marriage policy would stop being sexist.

There's no reason they can't say between two consenting adults instead of stipulate man and woman.

As long as the law stipulates sex/ender exclusivity, it remains sexist.

That works too.

My point was, allowing interracial marriage was considered a "special" right, because it wasn't allowed before.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Face it,

most religious persons stand by their beliefs as more important than others rights.

That's a myth because I am quite conservative but agnostic and there plent of people like me out there
I believe being agnostic is the most scientific and logical position to hold

But I am still conservative at the end of the day

At the end of the day even you feel your beliefs are more important than everyone else's

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

ohh sorry,, i read the op,,

you missed my question,,,, which is the debate summerised in a few sentances

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

option 3!

I agree there's a legislative issue here but here's what you do at the of the day

instead of trying to not only change law but Religion, gays should open up their own churches or marriage centers.

Imagine thousands of gays being married and certified with that center
And with that number you rally, speak to your local representative etc...

But what you are doing now is trying to get married in a christian or catholic or whatever church
That's wrong, don't try to change the religion. Make your own marriage centers
That's my suggestion if you are a die-hard liberal

But if you are open to think more efficiently then... get Govt. out of marriage!
edit on 4-4-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

My point was, allowing interracial marriage was considered a "special" right, because it wasn't allowed before.

Yup my parents weren't allowed to marry until after 1967 when my dad came back to USA because they were considered illegal interracial mariage even though they each have one parent from the same country and were already 'married' in Asia during Vietnam

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I don't like to repeat myself, but here goes.

I have stated that I would indeed love my children if they grow up to be gay. I would not accept their lifestyle choice, and I would not change my stance on the subject. I think that prostitution is wrong, if my child grew up to be a prostitute, I would still love them but prostitution would still be wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

oh yea,,,, ok,,,

i thought it was actually illegal for gay people to get married,,, not thinking all marriages occur in churches and thats probably why its illegal,,

is this not an easy solution,,,, who cares about religion and churches,, it has nothing to do with anything,, why is the legal system mixed up with churches anyway,, they shouldn't need to start their own church,,

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join