It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution and Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I would like to share a few short videos put out by Judge Napalitano. They are roughly two years old but are a great crash course reminder of what the Constitution stands for. I also enjoy spreading the message of the Constitution on social networking sites like Facebook because it seems as if average Americans have forgotten how lucky we are to have it. People forget that the founders created a system of limited government. The system we have in place now is far from what the founders envisioned.

edit on 3-4-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
How this man is still allowed to broadcast reason in the circus we call the media amazes me.

I wish he would run with Ron Paul and bring us up from the bowels of hell we are in.

One of the last glimmers of hope that we have for true Liberty.

Thanks for sharing the videos.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
People forget that the founders created a system of limited government.

Then quickly erased it when they realized it didn't work. That's why we have the constitution and not the articles of confederation.

People also forget what happens when we give too much power to the states, 1) the states realize that they can't afford to keep up the programs the federal government set up and immediately demand the federal government pay for them again. 2) They rebel, the civil war was a states rights issue, wasn't it? The states right to enslave people. 3) When they're fat, dumb and happy in their control of government they shift power to the president because he's such a great guy but then act incompetent and suprised when the opposing party holds the office and wields the power the congress happily turned over just a few years before.

Alright, maybe #3 wasn't exactly dealing with the states, but I still like the point being made. Public demand for services has outstripped the capability of states to fund them. So to demand a more limited government is to demand a fundamentally different government than has been formed over the past century, something a majority of Americans would disagree with.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
People also forget how lucky they are to have grown up in the United States of America.
edit on 4-4-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The constitution? What's that?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I like how a thread about the CONSTITUTION gets this small of a response
. Especially on ATS....I'll put "Trayvon Martin" in the title next time.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
I like how a thread about the CONSTITUTION gets this small of a response
. Especially on ATS....I'll put "Trayvon Martin" in the title next time.

You are surprised by this? No offense to the majority of the members of ATS but most would rather discuss 2012 doomsday scenarios or alien invasion than to discuss governmental invasions and destruction of our liberties. I am a staunch Constitutionalists and believe with every ounce of my being that it is one of the greatest documents ever written and ties for first place with the Magna Carta upon which our constitution was based.

Not only are the liberties that are secured under the constitution sacred, but the warnings that are inferred by the guarantee of those rights are much more sacred. Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Franklin, and Jay were all trying to not only secure our liberties as human beings but warn us through writing the constitution what bad and tyrannical government was.

The fact that a large majority of our current society cannot even tell you what the Bill of Rights consists of yet can tell you who Snookie is is very disturbing. I am a avid listener and reader of "The Judge" and also feel that he is one of the last remaking hopes for our liberty and sovereignty in this nation. It is truly refreshing to see a judge whom actually believes in serving the rights of the people instead of the power of the government for a change.

Jefferson said that a Bill of Rights is what no just government should deprive the people of. I wonder how "just" Jefferson would find the government that he helped to form if he were alive to see it today? I think if he were he would be labelled a domestic terrorist.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
How our sitting President is still able to be our sitting President after all the crap he has pulled is beyond me.

That document is the most important piece of paper in this country.

We need to protect it by giving it the respect it requires.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I would like to remind ATS that our government creation was a messy busy. We had the federalist who believed in a central government and anti-federalists who believed in states rights.

To make both sides happy, the federalist was given the right to create the federal government (legislative, judicial, executive) and the anti-federalists was given the constitution (the first 10 amendments).

Remember the 10 amendments do not apply to the states. It only applies to the federal government. The 14th amendment was created to incorporate the 10 amendments to the states. This was only done in Mapp v. Ohio. But there was no full incorporation. Rather it's selective incorporation. States can incorporate the 10 amendments but they are not required to do so unless the US SC tells them to.

thus we are now faced with what the hell the 10 amendments mean and what the hell does the 14 amendment mean. Have fun

top topics

join