It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Racism Seem to Be Inherent to Conspiracy Theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
With the current spate of racially charged posts on here it got me thinking. I noticed that many conspiracy theories tend to have a racial component to them. We have people claiming that the Jews rules the world or that Muslims are attempting to infiltrate and take over every country. Now these claims have a very obvious racial component to them but the more I thought about it the more I realized that similar trends are found on almost every board on this site, albeit in a less obvious way. For example, look at threads regarding aliens. In these threads you will quite clearly see people label certain alien races as evil while others are good. How is that any different than stereotyping a person based on their skin color? Another example comes from 2012 threads. People automatically assume that the remaining Maya know more about the Classic period than researchers despite the fact that the Classic period beliefs were all but wiped out with the arrival of the Spaniards. While this isn't blatant racism it is still saying one race is inherently better than others.

I have a feeling many will attempt to disregard what I have said here but I think it is a question worth asking. We like to believe that our interest in these alternative topics somehow makes us more enlightened than the average Joe. If this is the case then why does so much that we talk about have a racial component to it?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

TextWhy Does Racism Seem to Be Inherent to Conspiracy Theories?

Because the conspiracy is, why is it still racism in the 21st century?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

If you mean conspiracies amongst history's assumed 'usual suspects' when it comes to who is fomenting the conspiracies; like The Jesuits, The Jews, The Illuminati, The Theosophists, that sort of thing?

Then it is because it is faction vs. faction and each believes that they have some 'secret knowledge' that makes them superior to the other.

And because that 'secret knowledge' is usually about our hidden past, it is going to have racist overtones and undertones and all sorts of tones.

X.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Xoanon because: syntax nightmare

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Actually in all of the CTs I've read about, there's only been racism in a scant few. The predominant one that involves racism is one that concerns the Jews. When it comes to things like reptilians and JFK, racism does not play a part in it.

And here's what gets me about some of the ones about the Jews: if they really ruled the world and were as tyrannical as they claim, then they wouldn't be alive to speak out against the supposed tyranny and power of the Jews.

When you think of it, when has any tyranny in history has ever allowed people to speak out against the government? Communism, especially under Stalin, killed millions of people who spoke out against the government. In religious theocracies, people, especially Christians, are routinely jailed and tortured for speaking out against the government. In China, there are millions of political prisoners for, once again, speaking out against the government.

So this is just one thing that leads me to believe that the Jews don't control the world.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
How can you be "racist" against Jews? Because I am pretty sure that Judaism is actually a religion and not a race.

Here is a simple example to prove it:

Wiki - Kaifeng Jews

The existence of Jews in China was unknown to Europeans until 1605, when Matteo Ricci, then established in Beijing, was visited by a Jew from Kaifeng, who had come to Beijing to take examinations for his jinshi degree. According to his account in De Christiana expeditione apud Sinas,[9] his visitor, named Ai Tian (Ai T'ien) (艾田) explained that he worshipped one God. It is recorded that when he saw a Christian image of Mary with Jesus, he believed it to be a picture of Rebecca with Esau or Jacob. Ai said that many other Jews resided in Kaifeng; they had a splendid synagogue (礼拜寺 libai si) and possessed a great number of written materials and books.

About three years after Ai's visit, Ricci sent a Chinese Jesuit Lay Brother to visit Kaifeng; he copied the beginnings and ends of the holy books kept in the synagogue, which allowed Ricci to verify that they indeed were the same texts as the Pentateuch known to Europeans, except that they did not use Hebrew diacritics (which were a comparatively late invention).

So basically these are Chinese peoples, if you look at the photographs of them you will see they are Racially Chinese. But religiously they are authentically Jewish.

During the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644), a Ming emperor conferred seven surnames upon the Jews, by which they are identifiable today: Ai, Shi, Gao, Jin, Li, Zhang, and Zhao. By the beginning of the 20th c. one of these Kaifeng clans, the Zhang, had largely converted to Islam.[4] Interestingly, two of these: Jin and Shi are the equivalent of common Jewish names in the west: Gold and Stone.

You can be no more racist against Jews than you are racist against Christians or Muslims or Hindus.
The correct terminology would be "bigoted" or "bias".

I realize that there are other conspiracy subjects about other groups, sometimes racial groups, and in those instances racism could be a legitimate concern. I wanted to make the example about the Jewish religion particularly because of it's prominent role in various topics, and the misunderstanding that the media has created in people about the distinction of races vs religions.

If we treated the Christians or Muslims the way we do the Jews, you would be racist to criticize the Crusades or the Inquisition for crying out loud...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I think the belief that all reptilians are evil does play into it in some way. It at least illustrates this black and white view conspiracy theories tend to take which is the same view that fuels the racially motivated theories. One would think that conspiracy theorists would be able to recognize how grey the world really is yet it seems like every conspiracy always comes down to sweeping generalizations. If you're a Jew you're secretly controlling the world. If you're a Muslim you're attempting to supplant traditional Western values. If you're a Reptilian you're a baby eating slave master. If you don't agree with me you're a shill. Statements like these seem to represent the mindset of many on this site and conspiracy theorists in general. We're supposed to be denying ignorance yet how is that possible when we view the world in such black and white terms?

top topics

join