It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judges order Justice Department to clarify Obama remarks on health law case Published April 03, 201

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Let’s put this in perspective. The sources I cite are the first ones that came up when I Googled because I don’t feel like walking upstairs and pulling out my Black’s Law Dictionary. These should suffice.

Obama made a “veiled threat”
Babylon English

You argument might be reaching when you start to look for definitions in "Babylon English"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Then use any source you want and then reply.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Checks and balances in full display right now... this is why the Constitution is so beautiful.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

What is the perceived threat?
It is that Obama will somehow try to circumvent the ruling of the Supreme Court, i.e., find some way to implement the ACA around the ruling of the Court. The perceived threat is that Obama will ignore the ruling of the 5th if it does not rule in his favor.

That is one hell of a leap in logic.

Please give me the section of the quote that suggests Obama is going to circumvent the ruling.

But wait...I bet you "KNOW" what he is thinking...right???

You don't even have your facts correct...the 5th court isn't making the ruling on the health care act. Hard to take you serious when you don't even know the issue.
edit on 4-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think his placing duly appointed Judges on notice will backfire on him. He is overstepping his powers in doing so.

Just more lies.

Please give a source for him putting judges "on notice".

Believe me...I'm not holding my breath for actual facts.

But it is funny how you talk about this repeatative comments....and then you post to continue the lies you are trying to spread.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just saw this on FOX news, Holder responding....

Attorney General Holder Says He Will Respond to Court’s Request for Answers About Obama’s Health Care Comments
by Happening Now Posted in: Eric Holder, Health Care, Obamacare, President Obama, Supreme Court

Jenna Lee says that Attorney General Eric Holder has said that the Department of Justice will respond to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals order to explain whether the Obama administration believes judges have the power to overturn federal laws. Holder said, “We are formulating a response now.” He continued, “It will be an appropriate response

foxnewsinsider.com...[/e x]

I'm looking for the video of Holder now...if you have it already please post...TIA.

Des
edit on 4-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Then use any source you want and then reply.

How about you provide some direct quotes from Obama showing he is making "threats" and that he intends on "circumventing" any ruling.

Again...I'm not holding my breath...I'm sure you will just come back with claiming you know his "intent".

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

He stated the Supreme Court “…should remember”

For clarification, let’s put this in the “past tense” and rephrase as “...the Supreme Court should have remembered…”

should have (done something)

"For Clarification"? OK then let's start with what he actually said...cuz he never said they "Should Remember"

And I think it’s important, and I think the American people understand, and the I think the justices should understand, that in the absence of an individual mandate, you cannot have a mechanism to ensure that people with preexisting conditions can actually get health care.

Was he also threatening the American People with the word "understand"??

Spinning an observation into a threat is pure idealogical/rhetorical desperation....otherwise I expect nothing less from right wing media these days.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yes, he said he will respond and state the obvious that the courts have the final say.

He also said Obama's comments were appropriate.

Again...it is partisan politics and Holder is going to make them look like hacks with a response stating the obvious.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yes, he said he will respond and state the obvious that the courts have the final say.

He also said Obama's comments were appropriate.

Again...it is partisan politics and Holder is going to make them look like hacks with a response stating the obvious.

Of course he would say that.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
ok so i read page one, I would not put it past the POTUS to say it was a MSM spin on what he the POTUS said, he seems to do that a lot

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The SCOTUS's powers are....

•Interprets the U.S. Constitution
•Judicial Review
•Interprets the laws.
•Makes sure they are faithfully applied.
•Deals with cases involving the Constitution •federal laws,treaties and
•disputes between states

To interpret and ensure proper application of the laws written by the legislative branch and enforced by the executive branch.

They do not include the power to overturn "DULY CONSTITUTED laws" and that is precisely what the President stated.

They have the "Final Say" on constitutionality, not what laws they choose to uphold. To overturn a law without declaring it unconstitutional and making a clear case for the same, the court would be breaching it's powers.

For God's sake I can't believe that Eric Holder now has to explain the same to purported judges.

Not directed at you Outkast...but I feel like some folks here don't understand seperation of powers.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
ok so i read page one, I would not put it past the POTUS to say it was a MSM spin on what he the POTUS said, he seems to do that a lot

Well then let's hear it from you and not with any MSM spin.

Go get the quote of Obama's comments and please point out what he said that was a "threat" to the SCOTUS or anything that implies that he will ignore the ruling.

I'll wait.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Exactly.

It's sad that this has to be explained by people.

It is also sad having to hear all these people parrot Fox News...I watch Fox News and listen to right wing radio all day...so it is hilarious when people come here spouting off exactly what they are told and pretending like it is their own independent thoughts.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sigh. Everybody thinks that they and only they are the one true independent thinker and it's always the other guy who is drinking the kool aid.

No matter if they're spouting the party line or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
posts removed by staff

I killed a thread by asking for facts.

How shocking...seems that is all it takes in these false, Fox News based threads.

edit on Wed Apr 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

that an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law," Obama said.

Its right there in your post...and it is not "duly constituted" unless the supreme court rules on it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

Well then let's hear it from you and not with any MSM spin.

Go get the quote of Obama's comments and please point out what he said that was a "threat" to the SCOTUS or anything that implies that he will ignore the ruling.

I'll wait.

I think it would be Prudent of Outcast to rethink his view on this whole subject before he says another word.

Just my opinion, just like Obama's. Not a perfect example but close enough, considering you (outcast) and I are equals here, I really have no right to say this to you, do I? Just like the 3 legislative branches, they are equals.
edit on 4-4-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join