It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPCC Special Report Discounts Human Causes for Weather Extremes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Having several years since the 4th Assessment to reconsider some hastily drawn conclusions, and several insupportable "predictions," the IPCC last wek released the Special Report on Climate Extremes (SREX).

Sadly, for the AGW priesthood and fearmongers, the IPCC included this finding:

There is medium evidence and high agreement that long-term trends in normalized [property] losses have not been attributed to natural or anthropogenic climate change.”

ipcc-wg2.gov...

When the IPCC released in November, 2011 the "Summary for Policy Makers" of their SREX, it hinted that maybe factors other than Anthropogenic Global Warming were responsible for perceived increases in extreme weather events that, up to now, most of the AGW faithful blithely attributed to man and CO2.

Now, we can see that all of vitriol spewed on "deniers" was little more than an expression of fear, or the undenianle realization, that the AGW disaster fearmongering was insupportable, even among the group who first planted those seeds and stirred the waters among the credulous and fighters for "the [AGW] cause."

People around the world are taking notice of this reversal of fortune, although you will never see a word from the MSM.

The injection of politics into the global-warming hypothesis has made it difficult to know where facts end and falsehoods begin. While alarmists have been blaming their fellow man for every hurricane, tornado and other ill wind whipped up by Mother Nature, science is now concluding that the cause of these damaging storms has nothing to do with human activity.

The surprise absolution of human beings from the crime of triggering severe weather phenomena was handed down by none other than the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), leader of the campaign to sell the world on anthropogenic climate change.

Abrupt climate-change reversal: New U.N. report blows cold on human causes for weather extremes

Is it possible tht this is a portent of a new approach of the IPCC for the forthcoming 5th Assessment? Is the tide slowly turning back toward reality and away from exaggeration and self-enricgment at the public's expense?
jw

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't know the answers to your questions, but I do know that this won't stop the Globalists from taxing us to fix it. And in such a way that it will enrich the rich and impoverish the poor and middle classes. I don't see where this will change much, except that I now have something I can print out and wave in my alarmist friends' faces and say, "See, dumbass--I told you!"

new topics

join