It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 Earthquake in Oklahoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There was just a 4.0 earthquake in Oklahoma, and there seems to be a lot of activity today in general....anyone in Oklahoma feel this? I know it isn't huge, but it is for Okalhoma isn't it?
Here's the link for the map I saw it on....look at California. Again, I realize it IS California, and earthquakes are common, but it looks like there is an awful lot of activity. This isn't a doom thread....just curious if an Okies felt this. Also...there were a couple more in Virginia today...
www.intellicast.com...
edit on 4/3/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Check out the USGS map....
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Detailed list of recent quakes...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The last big from there I felt here in Joplin......Felt nothing ..........

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks Clouds....how far are you from there?
ETA....good to see you!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I know it isn't huge, but it is for Okalhoma isn't it?

No idea about anything more than several months back.
...but there was recently a ~4.0 in that area not too long ago if i remember rightly (possibly in february).

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There has also been a lot of activity in the Vigin Island area. Anyone knowledgable on earthquakes know if this is normal?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Anything in that area more than a magnitude 3 gets my attention...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's the same every year in this period, Europe, Alaska and the west coast of US gets a lot more small eartquakes and they are more spread out.
I have seen this pattern returning for the last 4 years, it then slows down and less smaller quakes from mid sommer until february, where it all starts over again.

I have no idea why it does so, but nothing big seems to happen.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This one is a little further south than that big one awhile back.......about 180 miles

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I live in So California and I haven't felt a quake in days,nothing unusual for here,seems lately we have been having smaller quakes,but I could be wrong I'm getting old,and after 60 years of them one not unlike the other,except real big ones

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Quake felt by my wife here in Tulsa. It knocked a few things off the wall but I slept through it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Are those size quakes pretty common in Missouri and Oklahoma? I'm no expert on earthquakes, but I do check the maps and USGS and read the earthquake threads somewhat. Maybe it's more common than I know, but it seems that lately, there have been more? The Virgin Islands have had a lot lately, I've noticed......and I don't know how common that is..... It just gets my attention when there are that size quakes in the New Madrid area...know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Thanks for the reply....I've never experienced an earthquake at all. I really would like to, just to see what it's like (just a little one though:lol

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Yeah....those of you in Cali would probably barely notice a 4.0
But in Missouri,Arkansas, or Oklahoma, it raises an eyebrow just a little...at least for me.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Thanks for the reply....I've never experienced an earthquake at all. I really would like to, just to see what it's like (just a little one though:lol

It feels like your whole sense of orientation suddenly jumps off a diving board or something. It takes a few seconds to realize the walls bending and moving is not your imagination!

It is usually about that moment that I grab my kid and run out the front door.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

I just can't imagine that feeling, except like in one of those "funhouses" at a carnival! Sometimes, during hurricanes, I have seen the wall thing, but I'm sure it's quite different.

top topics

join