It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will 2012 be ATS apocalypse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just from reading This Thread It reminded me of a thought I had a while ago and got me thinking afresh.

This year, 2012, no matter what way you look at it is a focal point for so many members of ATS.

Whether it means a biblical revelation, a nuclear flashpoint, an ecological implosion, an economic meltdown, cosmic collision, political upheaval, societal breakdown, global war, consciousness awakening, alien disclosure, dimensional ascension or simply nothing at all (the told ya so brigade!) this year culminating in December holds a major real or symbolic meaning/yearning for so many posters.

My question is:
When/if 2013 wheels around how many members will have lost the spark to remain active on ATS.?
Will many people leave? Will you?
Will the remainder care?

I sometimes feel that ATS has become very focused not so much on conspiracy and truth seeking but on looking for evidence that 2012 is SHTF endgame point?
If it turns out to be just another year for humanity will ATS have doomed itself?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am fairly new here, but I don't think so. While I enjoy the survival topics, I like the political threads most.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

When/if 2013 wheels around how many members will have lost the spark to remain active on ATS.? Will many people leave? Will you? Will the remainder care?

If the Nibiru/Elenin/2012 crowd leaves in 2013, I say good riddance. Unfortunately, there will be some new doomsday fad to feed off of though...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't think we will see too much of a change.

Some people will stop showing up, but new members will join. I am sure when nothing happens the masses will find a new date or event to focus on.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The Rapture will make off with a good bit of them. A few will rot away from old age in their underground bunkers, rationing out piles of beans. A handful will be abducted to galaxies far far away. The rest of us will still be here, sharing ideas, welcoming the next batch of doomsdayers...

Yep...I'll still be here...unless I get banned....

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm sure once 2013 rolls around you'll be seeing less of the Nibiru/End of Days folks coming around but I'm sure after that something else will pop up, as a previous poster had stated.

Just like the world was supposed to end 1999-2000, and clearly we are still here in 2012, I think people have always predicted the end of the world and such.

I'm sure the site will be well and thriving though, as there will always be Political Madness as long as there are Political parties around.

People will still believe in Aliens/UFOs and I'm positive new conspiracy theories will surface, or things will be added to the old ones.

So basically, I predict that the site will CHANGE in its topics, but not lose or gain significantly though.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Personally i think the whole 2012 deal does have some meaning that "something" will happen which causes change. Nothing to do with apocalypse or biblical nonsense, but rather change, and just that. Most likely politics being the cause of it.

Look around the world and all the news in the past 2 years or so, it doesn't take an expert in law to realise something is very wrong around the world. I think 2012 will bring revolt, uprising, arrests of bankers, politicians and other stuff along the lines of that, in fact look in recent news, it does seem to have started (arab spring being an obvious event, although headed in the wrong direction, tunisia and egypt was bound to happen... but of course its arguable that libya and syria are stuck in a false sense of revolt by foreign powers).

More or less a global awakening which brings the system down and starts over.

Anyway, there seem to be alot of political based posts on here, and the reason i mentioned the above is because of that. I don't think many people will simply leave or lose interest in ATS because the S-doesn't-HTF. There's always those of us (such as myself) who have a large interest in dreams and extraterrestrial contact who don't relate these phenomenon to the 2012 apocalypse hype.

To be totally honest, i think the world has become so messed up, to an extent that many people are "hoping" 2012 will be the end of it all, it's almost like there is no hope in fixing the problems we are facing all over the globe. In the age of debt and corruption, what can you do to make it more interesting? Those are my thoughts on the subject.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

The funny thing about folks who travel to the mountaintop to wait for the end of the world is if it doesn't happen, their faith grows stronger. Really. This is well documented in the literature. The groups find some reason to keep going. They just cannot deal with the fact that they were obviously wrong. In many cases here, the pending apocalypse doesn't have a date anyway. If the economy does not collapse in 2012, well, give it a couple of more years because it is inevitable. We were just a little off.

Even with the date-based Mayan end of times crowd, when 2012 rolls around there will be sudden revelation that, darn! We didn't account for that extra squiggle on the rock, which ACTUALLY means the Big Day is still five years off! There will also be thousands of people saying, "I never really claimed that." just like during an invasion there are people who will say, "I was just weaiting for you guys to show up! Thank God you are finally here!"

ATS will get through it just fine. It will still be a crazy place.

top topics

join