It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Springer

I will never understand why this thread received a 122 flags on something that is clear and to the point.

124 now...wow.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
reply to post by BO XIAN

Mercy. Please.

You are exactly the type of member Springer is referring to.

Just stop.

Perfect!!!

I wish I could star your post with 100 stars!

I was hoping someone would eventually say what you have!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If you want to behave like on GLP go there and stay there. ATS is "above" in more ways than just top secrets. Take your anger elsewhere and bring your reasoned and sustantiated information instead. Two dimensional thinkiing in a four dimensional world makes it impossible to move forward in any debate.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Dude, I think you are fine. You are welcome at ATS. You took the message the MODS put out way to personally and I think that is what you really need to ponder.

I took it for what it was and I think I am the only one here who has actually admitted crossing the line once or twice!
Everyone else is sooo pleased the Site Owner decided to put the hammer down! Like they never crossed the line!
They sound like a bunch of sheeple! I say take it like a man or woman! Come back and confess your mistakes you fibbers!

For the most part we all have probably violated the T&C and you are no exception. It's ok though, we have been warned!.Now, lets do battle!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

What so now you are proposing an ATS confessional - just kidding
Sure I have crossed the line like many - getting carried away in heated debate
I got smacked and made to stand in corner but seriously - I take these things on board and feel it important to see things from the Mods point of view regarding T&C Not forgetting times when a mod has stepped in to deflect uncalled for personal attacks on my behalf
To me this is all very simple - respect and courtesy generates real discussion

edit on 3-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There was a time when the level of hate and ignorance on ATS was carefully hidden under the surface, under a thick veil of deniability. Lately, though, it's so out in the open that it beggars belief how some threads in the Social Issues forum stay open.

Certain posters will bring their views on the Martin/Zimmerman incident into every. single. thread. they participate in. It's beyond tiresome - I don't come here to be confronted with the absolute worst human ignorance has to offer.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I have read and understand this post. I agree to comply.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I just hope ATS will err on the side of protecting freedom of speech rather than protecting group XYZ's "right to not feel offended."

Might sound funny coming from a commie like me, but there it is.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I agree with the strategy the staff is implementing. This Trayvon Martin case really brought out the ugly specter or racism. I was very startled.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
hooray!! I came here for conspiracy related topics
not endless race baiting ,which interests me.. not at all

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I am glad to see this brought forward -
I totally agree - ATS is not the place
for hatred, racism or stupidity.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yay!

I know the staff here likely has their hands full at times and more so recently. Heck - if members could give staff applause I'd give you guys one on this.

Thanks for doing this. It will make ATS a better place.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
It finally dawned on us that trying to define "hate speech" within such diversified groups as the staff of ATS and our hundreds of thousands of members from all over the world is almost impossible. So we are removing the concepts of "Hate Speech" and "Political Correctness" from our efforts and we're replacing them with this simple concept, "Is this content good for ATS and our Community".
Springer...

Removing "Hate Speech" from ATS "efforts" seems like throwing out the baby with the bathwater to me.

Personally, I've never seen any "Political Correctness" on ATS so throwing that pile of one-sided, sheepish-mentality effort out is fine with me. PC is too variable and too flimsey.

What do you and the other owners consider "good for ATS"? ATS goal is ...?

I see very little racism on ATS compared to the amount of Nationalism, Culturism, Religious Intolerance, Sexism, Protectionism and other 'isms I see here.

link   

Well if anything this will draw attention to the situation. I doubt those who are truly hell bent on spewing their versions of morality on the rest will heed this warning. But now it will be easy to weed them out.

Good work and good luck ATS staff...

PEACE...

edit on 3-4-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   
Not much I can say other then I like the direction the staff is turning as far as handling such posts and threads.

This member approves.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks very much. Some ATSers are very difficult to get along with, and they don't seem to care much about civility and respect. At times ATS has been a trolls paradise, and it made having a civil and respectful conversation almost impossible. I sure hope it stops, and I hope this applies to everyone.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's about time.

This site was getting to the point of being unreadable.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Once again my faith has been confirmed in ATS's ability to manage a large and unruly collection of weirdos (myself fully inclued in that designation).

Somebody else upthread posted "think twice and post once." Best advice I've come across in a long time when dealing with controversial issues.

Patience, civility, decorum, and mutual respect. Not just for breakfast anymore, kiddies.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I'm just dropping a quick note in reply to the OP message directly. I'm not sure what this entire thread says..and I'm not sure I want to know. However....

Thank You.

I'm not sure how this works out for the standard being applied. I hope it turns out to function well at surgically removing the real sources of discontent, fighting and hate. Time will tell...but thank you again for working hard to formulate a fair policy we can all read and know....then moving to enforce it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A big thanks to the staff for these new rules. I personally have not posted as much as I would like to for fear of someone spouting off some nonsense intended to rile me or others up. People say just ignore personal attacks or bad attitudes, but it isn't that simple, not for everybody.

I have found my temper to flare up and post something I shouldn't in response to some of these posts (especially after a few whiskeys), and then I get a content sticker slapped on me.

I have seen other, normally well behaved members, get off topic, or extreme T&C violation stickers for the very same reason, and it's not fair.

But one can't blame the mods for doing their jobs.

As someone said to me the other day, freedom of speech isn't freedom to hate, hopefully you can implement these new rules without too much trouble and we can finally all get back to civil discussions.

Again, thanks.

Tony (aka WoogleUK)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join