It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Haha.. I have pointed this out in so many occasions. I don't know how many times I have told people "just because there is technically an argument to be made, doesn't mean you should make it."

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Bo, I've had some lively discourse with you in some threads. You are the one who repeatedly drags the *elephant* into the room/thread with you. I find myself passing over some of your posts due to it. Do yourself a favor, relax, take a deep breath, let go of the leash sometimes. It's not always about you Bo. Don't take everything so personally.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Finally...tired of all the hated being spewed on here as of late. You do realize that a lot of conservatives will be banned or will just leave.

Perfect, perfect, perfect example. If you can label your own biases as "common sense" and the opposition's as "racist," you control the narrative and you win. Thank you so much! I rest my case.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Maybe some are drunken posts?

"ATS, post responsibly"

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I'm DESPERATELY

TRYING

to hammer out some sort of relatively clear, operative, followable, applicable

mutual understanding

that's functional, practical, realistic, fitting

for how I can post and exist as a suitable, living memer of ATS into the future.

Anyone who assumes anything else about my purposes on this thread is wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Excellent points . . .

I'd elaborate . . . but it would just likely result in . . . welllll anyway.

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by BO XIAN

Bo, I've had some lively discourse with you in some threads. You are the one who repeatedly drags the *elephant* into the room/thread with you. I find myself passing over some of your posts due to it. Do yourself a favor, relax, take a deep breath, let go of the leash sometimes. It's not always about you Bo. Don't take everything so personally.

Des

Rereading the thread might be a hint . . .

I carry the elephant with me by virtue of my beliefs even, seemingly, if I'm talking about the color of a car or the preferred flavor of ice cream.

Doesn't sound like you've walked in my shoes sufficiently to have a very comprehensive understanding of the picture on those issues.

Neverhtheless, I appreciate your feedback and will prayerfully ponder what I might adjust accordingly.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Finally...tired of all the hated being spewed on here as of late. You do realize that a lot of conservatives will be banned or will just leave.

Perfect, perfect, perfect example. If you can label your own biases as "common sense" and the opposition's as "racist," you control the narrative and you win. Thank you so much! I rest my case.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

And THAT

exactly

is an entrenched, inherent, seemingly almost obsessive compulsive

component of the landscape around here.

And it's such a part of the righteous ATS Holy Grail that no one thinks twice about it--much less examines it periodically to see if that's really fitting, or not.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank You Bo. You have a good heart.

Bright Blessings....Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I'm DESPERATELY

TRYING

to hammer out some sort of relatively clear, operative, followable, applicable

mutual understanding

that's functional, practical, realistic, fitting

for how I can post and exist as a suitable, living memer of ATS into the future.

Anyone who assumes anything else about my purposes on this thread is wrong.

I think I understand what your saying, but it just may be time to take a hard look in the mirror and simply ask yourself if you, according the the ATS TOS, are the type of member they (as a privately owned and operated web site) want here. If you truly feel that you can not post within the guidelines given then perhaps a honest evaluation and possible relocation is in order. I honestly do not think that's the case, I believe you to be a intelligent person so I see no reason that the theme required to navigate ATS could not be entirely extrapolated by the rather clear terms of service given.

Or in laymens terms, your making a big deal of nothing. Don't be a schmuck and everything will be ok

edit on 3-4-2012 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

PLEASE, SPRINGER,

Help me understand . . . I'm utterly mystified . . .

HOW

could I . . . or anyone, for that matter . . . on ATS

within your guidelines beginning this thread . . .

discuss the following quote from a former Muslim terrorist:

"Most Westerners have a hard time relating to the fact that purposeful exaggerations; covering of the truth; and outright, deliberate lying are actually part and parcel of the religion of Islam."

pp70-71, GOD'S WAR ON TERROR Walid Shoebat & Joel Richardson

???

It is a serious question.

I DESPERATELY need some examples to have the least bit of confidence that I can post honorably, honestly, fittingly within your guidelines without 1000% feeling like I'm walking on egg shells with every word choice.

That gets exhausting.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You are trying way too hard. Re-read your post I replied to and tell me honestly if that makes any sense at all? You are being uncooperative. What you really want is for the MODS to recognize you and tell you that you are right. You will debate the issue until they close this thread!

We all bend the rules, talk around them or outright defy them at times. Sometimes we get busted... Get over it already. They just want to tone it down a bit. Its nothing personal against you... Yet!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I will try this again but keep it "lite" for the sake of my post.

Do you all remember the message from HH and how things had to be so polar?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I can honestly say that I love ATS. I come home from a long days work and enjoy sitting in front of the monitor and see what the new headlines are for the day. This year will mark two years as being a member in this community. I have seen alot here on ATS in this time.

I can honestly say that I do have strong beliefs about this subject because of the way that the social life has evolved in america.. But I am not a racist. I believe that the term "racist" is too loosely used these days and since the description lies in the eyes of the beholder(which is the staff, or someone who might take offense and report someone, even if it is not intended to be that way), it is best to leave this subject alone.

Lj01 is going to completely ignore all further race related threads. Not because I am a racist, which I am not, but because when reading content from a computer monitor, one's perception of a reply could be different than the poster intended it to be. This can, and I am sure it will cause problems for a truly honest poster. I know that you say past posts will be considered, but I think that the line is already too thin for the word racist/racism and it would not take too much to cross this line.

Anyways, this is LJ01's thoughts on this subject.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Or in laymens terms, your making a big deal of nothing. Don't be a schmuck and everything will be ok

I'd love for it to be that simple.

I go along and think I've begun to wrap my understanding about the realities involved in such terms . . .

and all of a sudden,

WHAM! It feels like I'm suddenly and arbitrarily back at the starting gates and I have NO CLUE as to why.

Even now, I just have generalized clues.

I don't see why I shouldn't be able to operate here as well as anyone else, either.

It IS MYSTIFYING.

This is probably my 2nd most favorite site on the net and currently, my favorite because my other favorite site will no longer tolerate UFO posts, many conspiracy posts etc. I consider this a major part of my intellectual home. Sigh.

edit on 3/4/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

You are on here claiming how innocent you are of charges which were never even brought to your door. I was very happy to see this thread, and the content, because it is wrong to speak with hatred for any group.

Yes, sometimes we all let our emotions get the best of us. But even if this forum decides to bann me (for any reason relating to times I went down that rabbit hole) this is one of the best threads I have ever seen on this website.

The hatred here is immense, I am sure not only against Muslims, but it is those threads I see the most, or recognize the hatred buried inside them.

You stated earlier that you have never had any problems with me, which is true. If you want to know why it is because your hatred exceeds that of any other member on this forum, and I purposefully avoid any and all threads you are in, or that you post for that reason.

You are one whos hatred is so deep there is no telling you anything because you believe you know everything, and your one aim in my personal opinion is to spread the disease called hate.

For someone who calls themself Christian I find that difficult to reconcile, because I know the words of Jesus (as) and I do not see them represented in your words. I am not sure what you are in this thread even making post after post about, other than to spout off because you appear to fear being banned or otherwise censored.

Perhaps you should go over your own posts and read them in light of the words of Jesus (as) and ask yourself if your posting style is appropriate. If you believe it is then this is your right. But know you come across as a very hate filled and very pushy person.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

I don't think you're reading what I'm saying remotely accurately.

Nor do I think you have a very accurate understanding of my realities hereon.

However, I will ponder your input and see where I can grow from it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Mercy. Please.

You are exactly the type of member Springer is referring to.

Just stop.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I will never understand why this thread received a 122 flags on something that is clear and to the point.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's hard to define what 'hate speech' is - when we have to realise that we're a forum of people from every spectrum, of every attitude and conflicting notions and cultures.

Every country on the planet is experiencing issues.

We just need to be mature and discuss them without resorting to base insults or bigoted language.

Ignore racism, but don't be afraid of discussing racial issues, religious issues - just be wise in word.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join