It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neforwhore
...oh lookee...you're back...and gone again...

...for such a supposedly crappy website you just can't keep away can ya...
edit on 4-4-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

I have several questions for you...

What is your contribution to ATS...why are you here...and why are you so against this thread...

BASICALLY.....

What Gives

edit on 4/4/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

What is your contribution to ATS...why are you here...and why are you so against this thread...

BASICALLY.....

What Gives

Its a troll mate, the worst kind.

This is probably a sock puppet account created purely for that purpose, ignore.

vvv

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

BASICALLY.....

What Gives

Its a troll mate, the worst kind.

This is probably a sock puppet account created purely for that purpose, ignore.

vvv

Thank you for loaning some insight and you're correct, however, it just burns me up that this is one of the scenarios on topic in this thread.

I was just hoping to get an answer. I really don't get the mentality of people with such discursive formations

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I don't think censorship is the answer:

LIke stars, flags, karma, and other 'gamified' attributes assigned to users. Perhaps a user based rating system could not only solve this issue, but also be kind of fun.

Stars are currently a way to gauge others users approval of comments.
Perhaps if their was another concept like 'bigot points' it would discourage people expressing overly opinionated feelings.

If someone reaches a predetermined threshold and banner could precede their post like .
'User has been declared a bigot by other users'

Perhaps the Karma rating should be modified, not just as a math formula, but also one of how others would rate the objectivity of your comments.

Perhaps when starting a new post, the OP can limit the desired participance base on their 'karma'

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 4-4-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Its good to see the issue is finally been addressed. I have to disagree with you though. This is not the result of another 'hot story' from the MSM. This has been on the rise for months. Its actually saturated the site at the moment and that appears to be the only reason you have not chosen to address it. I hope its not too little too late.

I actually think any threads dealing with race should be suspended at this moment. Its giving right wing racists the oppurtunity to spout their garbage as some sort of meaningful debate while at the heart of their belief is a hatred of races different to their own.

There has also been massive bashing of muslims on this site for a long time that seems to be largely tolerated. No doubt as they way muslims are portrayed in the MSM.

Many people have said they are leaving the site because of the rise in racisim. I can't blame them. Some of the opinions and commets that are tolerated by mods are disgusting.

Only yesterday I alerted a comment i consider deeply offensive yet it still remains in place with no action take. Other commets in the thread were removed but this was left alone. It therefore has been approved by ATS. The commet in question is ;

Muslims are pretty cool too, but Africans, there needs to be adjustments with them.

Its not said in anger or out of stupidy . Infact its slipped in at the end of a post in a very subtle and intentional way.

Its disgusting and as long as ATS permits commentary that calls for a race of people to be 'adjusted' ATS has serious problems it needs to address.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by SaturnFX

I would say scrap this one and realize its waaay to gray. the rest is fine, the use common sense is fine, the anti-troll/idiot thing is fine..its all fine except for this, which eventually a mod or something simply will abuse in time.

I agree with that point.

I wonder how the gray 'decisions' will work out when you see the words 'cracker', 'honky' and others tolerated here. Don't type out the 'N' word in it's entirety though, that's a no no. There isn't anything gray about that, IMO.

edit on 3-4-2012 by butcherguy because: To add the last sentence.

Pc'ness gone to far "You don't have the heart of a white man", a black friend telling what he thinks about me, was i offended?, no i wasn't.
Crackers?. were they not both black and white on the slave estates?, it denotes a "mentality" not a colour.
I am welsh we come in for a lot of racism from the english irish and scottish, we get called "SheepShaggers", i always laugh at this, and say, if you see me naked in a field with my golden wellies on, walk away it aint going to be pretty.

Personally in denying ignorance, the roots of something must be explored in order for it to be understood, educating people is the way forward, a thread in which the true foudations of these words is discussed to which people who ARE being overtly racist can be sent to educate themselves is probably the only place they could ever see the facts presented against their bigotry.

It is about bigotry, we are all "Race", Colour means nothing, it is about who you are inside, the moment the UK government made a "Race Hate Speech" Law, we took a step backwards, it has now made it impossible to discuss certain aspects of life without the impending threat of the "Racism" card being played by people who do not know what "Racism" is, i.e "He called me a N*****r" but in a world where the N word is used by blacks ALL the time to IDENTIFY each other, are you sure he was not just being "Familiar" with you in your own use of language?.
Try telling a copper that yes i did just use the word N*****r to identify a black person, that will be a funny conversation, and a certain criminal record for "Racism".

How you say something, the context, the aggression, venom, intent, is the truth of your words.
I bet the use of "Cracker" by a slave in the 1800's could convey an awful lot of meaning and emotion, in it's time it meant something, it does not mean a thing today, it has no context, might as well be butt hurt for someone calling you a "Muppet". Means nothing without the intent of having you regarding yourself as a brainless moron.
The whole subject is retarded.

I am 100% against any kind of geo-spatial race generic identifying language, if it contains the intent to be hurtful or to cause offence, and within this there is no "Grey" area, it is easy to spot any kind of sarcasm, or direct intent to be hurtful, even that is sub-jective, but, if a post makes you feel offended shouldn't you report it anyway?.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If you want double standards on ATS then check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is okay for the OP to go around spreading her own biased Christian views, but when I responded and basically told the individual what I though about her Christian Values. I was told I was being ill mannered and my post was removed..

Either we as member have the right to defend those who are degraded and ridiculed due to believes written by men. Or ATS does no longer stand for what it did stand for when I signed up here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Been here for a relatively long time, and posted quite a bit, relatively, and back in the day. I now mainly come out to read, and mainly don't bother to reply anymore. Tried to for a while, but kept posting things which were totally irelevant and/or simply angry at the stupidity that appeard to be coming out regarding race, belief systems and such.

I'm sure I got deleted on more than one occasion, and am certainly surprised I never got warned or banned. It is my hope that folks can be bright enough and mature enough to take a second before posting and think about the quality and material in their posts before they put out hate and discontent.

I know that I will try. And... Thanks to the Mods for their dedication, as well as members who want a quality place to hang our collective hats.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Amen to that.
The last few weeks i found myself spending more time in BTS and i didn't even hit the recent post page of ATS.I might have lost some good threads because of that,but i couldn't stand what i was reading.

Thank you guys for this new rule.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Fantastic... Thanks Mark.

I've been wondering what has been going on behind the scenes and what you guys are going to do about all the crap that has been floating around, stinking up the place.

It's going to be very tricky.

As I've seen just reading the first couple of pages..... this (in most people's minds) is a purely subjective thing and they should be allowed to lump all Blacks or all Muslims or all Gays together.... or whatever their particular
"Ism" is.

There are plenty of hate sites and sites that cater for all kinds of bigotry and isms....

ATS is not and should not be one of them.

I'm glad now we have some perspective and that you guys are now here and ready to kick ass.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

"Yup, it is all smoke & mirrors over there in Arizona!"

But for those who reside over-there-yonder, here is a little "waker-upper!"
Please Click On This Link Below, To Read About the Arizonian, Big Brother Surprise!

This is from me, 2U_(www.youtube.com...)

We are all in the middle of this crap together, whether we like it or not.

Lets try to make the best of things. . .
And help educate and to wake-up souls please. I need some support here, because I am just one poor pathitic little man, who is struggling to get this truth out and to save their lives!

"Many Thank'z and Blessings to you, staff of ATS!"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

"Hate speech and political correctness is gone", my signature weeps with joy.

I do get riled from time to time, but I try not to let that go out towards the ATS community. I'm not politically correct, but that doesn't mean I can't adhere to a certain level of decency and respect. And even though I will gladly shine light on various politically incorrect topics or events, I'll do so with as much respect as I can.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
As a somewhat new member here, (been a lurker for quite a while) I'm really surprised this has affected so many ppl so much. This website has always struck me, (as a plus) of those that think naturally outside the box.

IMO, this whole thing seems like a natural way for obama to stir up his base, in short the worse form of politics. we have holder ignoring the black panther incident in PA, letting ppl call out for a bounty (read "hit") on another american, regardless of guilt or innocence, and no one is seeking any kind of justice for THAT. then of course we have these race pimps calling for "justice" when their track record, (read tawnya brawley) and the others prove them to be living trolls.

I'm honestly surprised ppl are so easily distracted by making this an issue about race, when the real issue in my eyes is a govt sanctioned psy*-op so that obama can try and get elected again by using the absolute crappiest politics that any human being can use. (and yet in spite of all of that, we still have an african american as president!

Maybe this sounds off-topic, but basically i guess what i am trying to say is i thought, for the most part, ATS was smarter than all this, just by the nature of the website in the first place.

/not trying to be critical.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Neforwhore

You know, while its nice to have fans and everything, the simple fact of the matter is that its a big old internet out there and no one is likely to be holding a gun to anyones head and insisting they come on to ATS.

As there are 346,004,403 sites on the internet I'm sure that you can find better ways to spend your time.

But hey, thanks for three things here - proving Springers points, the laugh and the really original screen name. Who'da thunk that one up eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I personally don't believe that this is something new at ATS. I have gone on "sabbatical" several times for a few months, because of the atmosphere you described. There are several forums I ignore now, because the hatred posted on them gets out of hand. For instance, posts about religion almost always end up with such people condemning entire religions or the people who believe in those religions. It disappoints me tremendously that such posts are not removed. I know that the moderators cannot read every post, but even when I mark them with an Alert, they usually are not removed. Until ATS decides to change the removal policy, I'm afraid this will still continue. It is a shame, because I joined ATS years ago, to continue intelligent debates, but it is hard to find any that don't degrade to nothing more than a mud slinging contest. Perhaps it is time for ATS to change the way members are identified, and require people to post their real names, before they become a member. If people truly believe what they post, then they should not have a problem posting with their real name. This, of course, will only work if everyone agrees to this.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Thank you for addressing this issue. I registered over a year ago and have slowly made my posts to unlock thread creation. This is post 20 for me and I find it fitting that it is here.

The ignorant tension in several topics precluded me from commenting or getting involved and slowed my contribution to ATS. I was on the fence about a "safe" topic to start a thread on once I received thread creation privilege. I feel more comfortable knowing overall trolling/flaming etc. are under closer observation.

Finding topics to post 20 separate comments on was a little challenging at times with the overall vibe across the threads tense with unawareness.

You laid it out and that makes me feel better about going down some of these rabbit holes.

This standard is excellent and I look forward to venturing into topical forums I would usually avoid in the hope that intelligence will prevail over ignorance.

Dan

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I do have a legitamite question for the staff, and would like a staff answer only on this matter...

Are we allowed to say Zionist, or speak of the Zionist agenda? Let me clearly define this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a fundamental difference between Zionism and Jews. Jews follow a religion, attempting to practice it to the best of their ability. Zionists are a militant faction (we liken them to groups such as the taliban or the muslim brotherhood or al qaeda) who believe that they have a god given right and will kill any and all who get in their way, they forgot about the commandment thou shalt not kill.

They are two distinct groups, just as the taliban is distinct from muslims. To be against the Zionist agenda is not to be against Jewish people nor is it to hate Jews. It is against a militant form of religion who seeks to destroy any who might stand in their way. They are extremists who twist religion for their own ends.

Are we allowed to say anything about Zionism as defined above? It is not being anti-Semiti, it is simply being against policies, but I am unsure if we can use this term in light of this thread, but at the same time I would not know another word to use that may appear more politically correct. This has simply always been the definition and usage.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join