It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 58
<< 55  56  57   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't see a lot of crimes happening by people who own guns legally

Seems that most of the gun crime in America comes from the black market...

I could be mistaken though

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
It's time to take kitchen knives from the american public. how many injuries and deaths a year are cause by those?

Forget kitchen knives. That's too easy. I think we should ban bicycles. Did you know around 800 people a year are killed in bicycle accidents in the United States? That's actually MORE than the number of people who die from accidental gunshot wounds. Bet you won't see that stat on the evening news anytime soon.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
It's time to take kitchen knives from the american public. how many injuries and deaths a year are cause by those?

Forget kitchen knives. That's too easy. I think we should ban bicycles. Did you know around 800 people a year are killed in bicycle accidents in the United States? That's actually MORE than the number of people who die from accidental gunshot wounds. Bet you won't see that stat on the evening news anytime soon.

Oh! Oh! Bathrooms. We absolutely must ban bathrooms. I don't have hard stats but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt toileting related accidents far outpace guns, knives, and bicycles put together. If we all stopped bathing, and crapped where it hit us like nature intended we could save SO many lives!!!!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This whole premise is pure crap!
The LEGAL pharmaceutical trade is responsible for more deaths per year than those at the hands of legal gun owners! PERIOD!!! That's right... MORE people die from the drugs their doctors prescribe to them than are killed by a legally owned gun. I don't give a rat's ass if you believe the stat or not... look it up!

Given that the general premise is that the bad outweigh the good (Which is a fallacy in and of itself!), then ALL pharmaceuticals should be made immediately illegal to prescribe. Far too risky for doctors to prescribe chemicals that MAY kill someone.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

The wording used back then was very different. "Milita" could mean any large group of people. It is commonly accepted among legal circles that the word milita and populace are can be interchanged in the second amendment. Look it up yo.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Kozmo HUSH you are seriously screwing up the left wing fear machine. JESUS if people actaully started making decisions, and basing actions on facts, and research versus what the media regurgitates from the official whitehouse report!!! Imagine the chaos! Informed people making intelligent decisions! Why the government would lose control overnight!!! You must cease, and desist your logic is not welcome here. Guns are bad, and dangerouse, and ugly, and smell bad, just like stoopid rednecks that like them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumJunkie
I usually only lurk the boards here but this thread hits home for me. I own a few guns and have my whole adult life. Not one firearm I own has killed anyone. But twice in my life my having a firearm kept me from hurt or worse. I was almost the victim of a young man that wanted my keys as I walked back to my car. I was able to produce my weapon and the would be criminal ran off. I guess to be civilized I should have just gave hi my keys and hoped he didn't use his weapon on me huh?

Another time while watching late night TV I heard a noise in another part of my house. When I went to investigate I found an armed man in my home. The life of my family, my wife and children was being put at risk by some....person that thought that the value of these lives was outweighed by his need to take my stuff. I confronted the man and held them at gun point while law enforcement was called. Police later told me this man had been doing this type of thing for years and had in fact shot other people. Should I have stood by and allowed him the chance to raise his total? The man was a felon and not allowed to possess a firearm or ammunition. The law didn't seem to have too much an effect on him.

I have since moved away from the city and now live in a quiet place in the hills of Ky. Where I live now there is still crime but not near as much. Response time for police is pretty long so like most people I have a weapon near by just in case. Don't ever think it can't happen...That kind of thinking can get you or someone you care for hurt or worse.

We need to keep in mind that the 2A is not just there because we lived in different times. And it's not there to just allow us to hunt. It was put in place by men that had seen first hand tyranny forced upon them by those that governed them. And they wanted to make sure that the people, the ones that are truly supposed to be in power be protected against any and all threats. Even if that threat come at the hands of those that are put in place to govern them. It's the 2A that is supposed ot aid the people in keeping the rest of the Bill of Rights intact. Just as much as it is there to help us protect ourselves from would be criminals wishing to do us harm.

I am an avid shooter and collector of firearms. I collect older firearms mostly as I like the form as much as the function. One of the most relaxing things I can do is take a little time to poke some holes in paper targets or the occasional pop bottle. I have friends that believe me to be nuts for having some of the guns I own. And I respect their opinions. I also respect their right to never hold a firearm if that is their choice and I wont try to make them into gun owners. All I ask in return is that I be respected for my views on the matter just the same.

There is nothing uncivilized about gun ownership. When handled properly a rifle or handgun is no less safe than anything else. What I do find upsetting is there are people in this world that think it is right to punish me for something I have never done. I have committed no crime but there are people that believe that I am some kind of savage that needs a gun to feel important so I should be disarmed. Like any responsible gun owner I only want to pursue my hobby while allowing myself to protect the life of myself and my family.

And yes, if they become illegal then I will become a criminal.

Very well said and sums up how I feel on the issue.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lacrimaererum

Mat I ask why you want all the guns gone? It seems like it is because many people die from them, but I want to make sure we are clear and on the same page. What is the top reason you have for banning and/or restricting guns in the US?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sure take them all away. Just make sure you take them away from police officers and the federal government, as well as shut down all illegal gun manufacturers (cartel etc). Good luck with that one. From what I see most folks killed from legal firearms are killed by police officers or in war by our military. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd love to see the yearly death stats from LEGAL guns, that includes cops, government and military all broken down. If more people are killed by legal guns than illegal guns aside from the groups I just mentioned, I will be shocked and agree it may be a potential problem. If most folks are indeed killed by illegal weapons or are cops/military, then that makes them a far bigger threat than any legal law abiding citizen that has a gun.

People love to throw stats in your face but they never analyze the full issue.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Sure take them all away. Just make sure you take them away from police officers and the federal government, as well as shut down all illegal gun manufacturers (cartel etc). Good luck with that one. From what I see most folks killed from legal firearms are killed by police officers or in war by our military. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd love to see the yearly death stats from LEGAL guns, that includes cops, government and military all broken down. If more people are killed by legal guns than illegal guns aside from the groups I just mentioned, I will be shocked and agree it may be a potential problem. If most folks are indeed killed by illegal weapons or are cops/military, then that makes them a far bigger threat than any legal law abiding citizen that has a gun.

People love to throw stats in your face but they never analyze the full issue.

Police without guns LOL they would go ape sh## crazy without thier guns LOL.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Actually they would be overun and slaughtered in larger cities unless a magic wand can extract ALL guns from the contenant.OF COURSE then the MILITARY would have to step in ...

top topics

<< 55  56  57   >>

join