It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Yeah, milt, cause you know the problem with those killed was the situation had too few guns

And once again, all you have is an asinine comment. I'm sure that you must feel REAL proud of yourself.

Two died as a direct result of the gun control ban you love so much. People like you are just as responsible for their deaths as the ones that pulled the triggers are.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 12-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Our guns aren't going anywhere.. America is to guns as Europe is to fast cars.. if there was an Autobahn in America people would just be stupid with it.. there is not a single valid point as to why I should get rid of my guns.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
McDonalds first.
Those evil SOB's are at war with Americans, killed millions in the last decade alone!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

They didn't die as the result of a ban. Obviously. Talk about asinine. They died because of a gun, not a ban on a gun.

You can trust your gut if you want, but the statistics show that the more lax the gun control laws the more gun related deaths their are. And places like Europe and that have strict gun control have endlessly fewer gun related deaths.

But sure yeah, all the people killed by guns would be alive if there were more guns around... very sound logic...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Here's a novel idea. Want to live in a gun ban society? Then you are free to try to move to one. No way you are going to make out of north america. If you already live in one, then piss off. What we do here is none of your business.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm an American, so it's my business. Though your attempt to silence anyone tat disagrees with you is pretty par for the course for gun nuts.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

If you are american, then bitch all you want. You are also free to move to another country that suits you better if you don't like the way it is. The people that really need to butt out are people from other countries I said.

The second amendment isn't going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I completely agree that America will never ban guns. I do also know that the constitution can be changed. Of course, 10s of thousands of gun deaths haven't resulted in change, so the chances of anything happening are... remote.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
But sure yeah, all the people killed by guns would be alive if there were more guns around... very sound logic...

Perhaps some of them would be, if they had had their own guns instead of being defenseless. That point has been made many times and you keep ignoring it.

When there are fewer guns around, there are fewer "gun-related" deaths. Well, duh. In places where people don't have cars, there are fewer car-related deaths. Talk about obvious.

But here's the thing: Does it matter to the victims whether they were killed by a gun, or something else?
Would the number of violent/accidental deaths OVERALL decrease if there were no guns? (Maybe for a few months they would, until people adapted.) Does violent crime decrease when there are no guns?

No, no, and NO. So again I ask, why the focus on guns? Focus on crime, violence, killing, etc. Focus on the societal and cultural ills that are causing the violence.

Also, as has been said many times in this thread, no one has ever been "killed by a gun," as you put it. Guns are inanimate objects. They can't DO anything. Without a human being to load it, aim it, and pull the trigger, it's no more dangerous than a hammer or shovel. And don't start going on about accidental gun deaths; somebody still had to load the ammo into the gun and then mishandle it.

And, once again, for those of us "uncivilized" types who live out in the country (because, you know, America has the land so people can do that), I'd like you to tell me what you think I am supposed to do the next time a pack of coyotes, a cougar, a rabid raccoon, or even a hungry opossum after my chickens shows up at my house if I don't have a gun?

And finally, since so many of you people in other countries have such a negative opinion of America and its people, why the heck do you care? Isn't it to your benefit if we're killing each other off and there are fewer of us around? I may be exaggerating, but sometimes it seems like people spout hate propaganda against Americans and then say our guns should be taken away so that we can't kill each other practically in the same sentence.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hhott

I don't ignore the point, but I do think it's GREATLY overstated and is rendered essentially useless when considered against the thousands killed by guns in the US.

Put it like this, if you need a gun to protect yourself from a gun then the problem is, on some level, a gun. Remove the problem.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Our guns aren't going anywhere.. America is to guns as Europe is to fast cars.. if there was an Autobahn in America people would just be stupid with it.. there is not a single valid point as to why I should get rid of my guns.

That's not true. In fact, the only reason Montana put a speed limit back in place was because eurotrash were shipping their cars over here just so they could run them flat out. It got to be a fairly big problem. There were even tour packages you could buy that included the cost of shipping the car.

As someone who has driven on the Autobahn a lot I can verify that the areas with no limit are getting smaller every time I go back.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If we are going to start banning things that kill people, let's start with cars. Then we can move on to alcohol. Oh, let's not forget all the "death by doctor" incidents. Or prescription drugs. Or illegal drugs. The war on those is going SO well, isn't it. The majority of gun owners, such as myself, are responsible, law abiding people. Criminals, by definition, ignore the laws. So, we the honest have to suffer along with the crooks? Be defenseless against those who would have guns and no hesitation about using them against us? Unless you shut down all arms manufacturers, collect EVERY gun on the planet and melt them down, criminals will have and use guns. I refuse to become a victim, thank you anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

That's a very wrong-headed argument. 99% of traffic related deaths are accidents. Every year though thousands and thousands are murdered with guns.

Big difference.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

I completely agree that America will never ban guns. I do also know that the constitution can be changed. Of course, 10s of thousands of gun deaths haven't resulted in change, so the chances of anything happening are... remote.

And what about the 100's of thousands of deaths from pharmeceutical drugs? these aren't freak accidents, hundreds of thousands of people have died, taking prescibed doses of drugs and dying from them. What about fast food and poor nutrition, which leads to the number one killer in america: heart disease. Compared with heart disease, guns doesn't really hold any significance over it. So we get rid of guns, we get rid of fast food, we get rid of drugs, see how it becomes a slipperly slope, where you are basically told what to do, what to eat, what to drink? Or is this what we want? Do we want to be babies, incapable of taking our own responsibility, and passing it off to the government, or do we want to progress further into a free society.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by hhott

I don't ignore the point, but I do think it's GREATLY overstated and is rendered essentially useless when considered against the thousands killed by guns in the US.

Put it like this, if you need a gun to protect yourself from a gun then the problem is, on some level, a gun. Remove the problem.

NO. I don't need a gun to protect myself from a gun. I might need a gun to protect myself from a person using a gun, but that hasn't happened yet. You neglected to tell me (again) what I'm supposed to do the next time a dangerous animal shows up at my house. You don't have an answer for that but you still think my guns should be taken away. I suppose you think it's better somehow if I die of rabies than due to a gunshot.

Do you really, honestly think that if the guns were taken away, the people who now use guns wouldn't just find other weapons to use? If so you're either being deliberately obtuse or you have some unreasonable phobia or hatred of guns.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There is more guns than people in the USA, guns are not going anywhere. The more I read about this nonsense post about guns, the more guns I buy

First things to go are going to be Cigarettes and Liquor before we see a ban on guns.

Yesterday new acquisition: Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380, to carry in this hot Florida summer.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I did a quick search, by the way I am for gun rights, but we are here to "Deny Ignorance" so here goes. The largest correlation between gun deaths and population would be poverty. Metropolitan Statistical areas, or MSA's show that most deaths by firearms occur in heavily populated poverty stricken areas here in the United States. What is surprising is that while drug use and crimes were a factor poverty was a much higher cause. On average, firearm related deaths account for roughly 60% of all deaths. But that can further be broken down into its primary components. As for the Causes of firearm related deaths, suicide accounts for 55.5%, homicide for 40.4%, Unintentional deaths at 1.9% and legal intervention at 1.1%.
Total Crimes in the United States was last recorded as 11,877,218 while Murder with Firearms was 9369. (as of 2010). Now what I don't understand is that in the US overall murders per 100,000 people is 5. at last count there were 298,444,215 people living in the US. that comes to only 1492 murders overall. How is that possible? Every one of the statistics are slanted one way or another. It would be very hard to say one way or another, but if you look who is behind the statistical research it becomes clear that none can be truely believed unbiased.
If you want to take a look for yourself:
www.nationmaster.com... h-firearms

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Yes, they can change the Constitution, but that will only remove their agreement to respect my rights - it will NOT remove the rights themselves, which pre-exist Constitutional constraints on government.

Once they have determined to codify their disrespect for my rights in writing, and declare that they will no longer respect them by attempting to remove them, I would have to say it'll be game on - on a massive scale. Are you sure that's what you want to see in America?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhott

When there are fewer guns around, there are fewer "gun-related" deaths. Well, duh. In places where people don't have cars, there are fewer car-related deaths. Talk about obvious.

There are far fewer water buffalo related deaths in America than there are in Vietnam. Perhaps Vietnam should look into a water buffalo ban - or at the very least, register the damned things!
After all, Americans get along just fine without water buffaloes - why can't the Vietnamese?

People seem supremely unable to recognize the differences between societies, and for some odd reason insist on inflicting their own societal norms on others.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Then your responsible for every child that finds a gun and shoots himself or others.....

as if these hillbilly idiots need more guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join