It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enhanced video of Zimmerman in police station appears to show injuries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Enhanced video of Zimmerman in police station appears to show injuries

www.foxnews.com

Enhanced video of George Zimmerman being led into a Florida police station appears to show possible injuries to the back of his head, lending credence to his claim he was in a struggle with Trayvon Martin when he shot the teen.

ABC News initially released video of Zimmerman that did not clearly show marks on his scalp, but had the video enhanced digitally and released a new clip on Monday. That clip appears to show a gash. Zimmerman's father claims his son was being beaten by the 17-year-old te Zimmerman's attorney, Craig Sonner, said Monday that his client would surrender to authorities
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words. And this photo will probably inspire more rage from the haters.

The haters will say " it's been manipulated" and that it proves nothing. The wicked lies that have been spread about this case is more than disgusting, it has almost single handedly erased any goodwill between some of the people of the U.S. The individuals, who call themselves spokesmen for the oppressed will have no shame when proven wrong again. As in the Tawanna Brawley fictitious rape scheme, these so called spokesmen will never offer a public apology to either party. All they want to do is to drive a wedge between the people and insight their nefarious agenda.
Can you picture that?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2012 by Violater1 because: grammer

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I bet Trayvon's injuries are a bit worse.
My lord how far will they go to make us believe
Trayvon was the crazy man looking for trouble?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
wow...of course...if a video is "enhanced", it's the truth...no need to bother with the "raw, untouched" video, because that would be from lying scumbag liberals....right?....
maybe if we saw an "enhanced" video of the front of his shirt, we would see blood from his broken nose too...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There's a very short leash on the Martin/Zimmerman threads. If you cannot discuss the topic, in this case the enhanced video footage, the thread will be closed.

I, personally, am disgusted by the amount of racial bias both sides are showing, here, there and everywhere and I'd like to keep it out of my home so, post away but do so with that in mind.

Thank you.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love the language they use to diminish the proof that he actually HAS injuries: APPEARS to show POSSIBLE injuries. They still aren't admitting anything. It's okay to unapologetically perpetuate lies, though.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with Zimmerman having injuries because, for me, it proves nothing more than they were in a fight. It doesn't prove who was the aggressor and it doesn't prove Zimmerman was defending himself. He could have very obvious and bloody injuries and it wouldn't matter.

If someone can provide me with some conclusive proof of who the aggressor was in this case, then these pictures aren't worth much more than they are consistent with the police report and Zimmerman's statement.

I could start a fight with my neighbor on the street, he could whack me a few good times before I shoot him dead and my injuries would match my report to the police that I was defending myself so I wouldn't get charged with manslaughter.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

A picture is worth a thousand words. And this photo will probably inspire more rage from the haters.

It sounds to me that's exactly what you're trying to achieve with this thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nothing new look at this picture
that was made the night the *leaked abc video
came out we were pointing this out to folks..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
There's a very short leash on the Martin/Zimmerman threads. If you cannot discuss the topic, in this case the enhanced video footage, the thread will be closed.

I, personally, am disgusted by the amount of racial bias both sides are showing, here, there and everywhere and I'd like to keep it out of my home so, post away but do so with that in mind.

Thank you.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

YOU ROCK!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thank God.

I think this thread will be like all the others unfortunately.

This enhanced video should put an end to a lot divide and conquer tactics. Sadly it is too late in my opinion. Too many assumptions and denials have taken place on both sides of the fence.

No matter what race no one helped this situation stay calm. The damage is done. My god I mean if Zimmerman is innocent it is going to go so bad. If he is guilty where do we go from here? Will the "protesters" just be happy and go home or what? Will racist whites go looking for trouble to satisfy their anger over the decision? All questions that no matter which way I try to answer, the outcome is bad and only serves to divide and conquer even more.

I really wish expression of love or friendship wasn't such a taboo subject to most people in society, because we really need it at this point.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

The testimonies of the EMT's and LEO's at the scene, will carry additional weight. If their story corroborates with the video, then this man is innocent. I would like to know how far away from Mr Zimmerman's truck, the body of T. Martin was found. I'm sure CSI has already taken blood splatter patterns.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It proves that he was probably in a fight or an accident of some kind. Because the wounds were fresh they were probably from the time of the incident but a police forensic expert would have to be the one to tell us. We can't guess from this vantage point. And we don't know if it was from him being attacked from behind by Martin, or if the wounds happened in a scuffle with Martin that Zimmerman started .... or if they were from some other incident that we are not aware of.

Police forensic experts can tell that kind of information by the way the wounds are in a person etc etc. The picture lends possible acceptance to him having been attacked BUT I'll wait for the police report to know for sure. The picture should give the Zimmerman bashers (saying he's a fat doofy racist liar) pause with their rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
wow look at those scratches it looks like he had his head bashed in with a two by four!!!!!!!! good thing he had a gun to kill that unarmed thug with otherwise he might be dead right now!!!

did you guys see the video of the asian boy in chicago getting jumped by 8 kids? he walked, more like ran away with his life intact, this after being beaten for over 5 minutes straight by 8 people.

so you are gonna tell me that zimmermans life was in danger in a one on one fight against an unarmed man?

if i was on the jury you would have to show me more evidence than those scratches to prove to me that zimmermans life was ever in danger.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
If someone can provide me with some conclusive proof of who the aggressor was in this case, then these pictures aren't worth much more than they are consistent with the police report and Zimmerman's statement.

The thing is, in the absence of definitive proof, you have no choice but to look at the cumulative supporting evidence.

Starting from the premise that someone is innocent until proven guilty (with the burden of proof falling on the prosecution) the only evidence that should change the course of events is evidence that this wasn't self defence. If these pictures are consistent with Zimmerman's statement and other evidence then that is worth a lot - specifically, it is worth a lot that they do not contradict the statement.

I'm looking at this from a purely academic/practical point of view. I am neither black (Martin) nor Hispanic (Zimmerman), nor do I live in the US. As such, I have "no skin in the game" if you'll pardon the expression. I hope to be as objective as possible.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nutif i was on the jury you would have to show me more evidence than those scratches to prove to me that zimmermans life was ever in danger.

But legally, what does Zimmerman have to do?

As I understood it, he would only need to raise the defence of "self defence" and it would then be for the prosecution to prove that it wasn't self defence. This is generally consistent across common law systems, unless that state handles things differently?

If this is the case, then as a juror you should be accepting self defence unless the prosecution can provide evidence to the contrary. It isn't for the defendent to jump through hoops for you. He's innocent, remember, until proven guilty.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
in my opinion they do contradict his statements, poor zimmerman has a couple scratches on his head proves his life was in danger? if anything it proves how much of a coward he is for killing an unarmed man in a one on one fight.

if the 911 audio can prove that voice screaming for help was not zimmerman that shows he is a liar right there and his whole version of the events should be heavily questioned.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
in my opinion they do contradict his statements, poor zimmerman has a couple scratches on his head proves his life was in danger? if anything it proves how much of a coward he is for killing an unarmed man in a one on one fight.

You can fear for your life without ever being touched, the legal term used for self defence in that situation would be a "pre-emptive strike". He could be completely unscratched and that would not prove his life wasn't in danger.

If Zimmerman has specifically identified wounds to the back of his head that clearly were NOT present in the photo, that would certainly suggest that his account is not entirely accurate. The issue with that kind of evidence, of course, is that our perceptions are often altered under stress - what might feel like a significant hit or cut might, in the cold light of day, appear almost non-existant.

This may be valid self defence or it may not. The problem I see at the moment is that we are seeing evidence in dribs and drabs and some of it is even being "doctored" to suggest an interpretation - the 911 call that was edited by a newschannel to make it appear Zimmerman claimed Martin was suspicious because he was black, for example.

I'm hoping to offer a relatively impartial, objective view of the process and the evidence, I hope that's coming across!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
wow look at those scratches it looks like he had his head bashed in with a two by four!!!!!!!! good thing he had a gun to kill that unarmed thug with otherwise he might be dead right now!!!

did you guys see the video of the asian boy in chicago getting jumped by 8 kids? he walked, more like ran away with his life intact, this after being beaten for over 5 minutes straight by 8 people.

so you are gonna tell me that zimmermans life was in danger in a one on one fight against an unarmed man?

if i was on the jury you would have to show me more evidence than those scratches to prove to me that zimmermans life was ever in danger.

Have you never heard of brain damage? People can walk away from being beaten or an accident, and then collapse dead hours later because of bleeding in the brain. Just because someone walks away from something does not mean they don't have the right to put up a defense. The way you make it sound its like you think people should just allow themselves to be beaten to preserve the life of the attacker(s). That is just a stupid assertion. If someone is on top of me beating my head into the ground, I'm going to shoot that person if I can and f**k the consequences.

I'm not saying that is what happened in this case, but many of you seem to think being unarmed makes you harmless, and that being in possession of a firearm makes you invincible and impervious to harm.

Just goes to show how easily some of you are manipulated by the media's constant harping of key words like "unarmed" and "Skittles and iced tea." I can be carrying a basket of bunnies and flowers but I can still kick your ass if I wanted to.
edit on 3-4-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join