It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Says UN Must Act If Syria Violence Does Not Stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.google.com...

The United States said Tuesday the U.N. Security Council must respond urgently and seriously if Syria fails to keep its pledge to halt offensive military operations by April 10.

The United States and France circulated a draft presidential statement to the Security Council on Tuesday supporting Annan, the joint U.N.-Arab League envoy. France's U.N. Ambassador Gerard Araud said it could be approved Wednesday or Thursday.

It goes on to say that actions could include an arms embargo and sanctions.

Arms embargo? So we are shipping weaponry to a county in the middle of a civil war... that we are demanding to stop using said weaponry.

Gotta keep that military machine running I guess...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why can't we mind our own business? We have plenty of problems right here at home.

Matthew 7:3
And why beholdest thou the mote that is IN thy brother's eye, but considerest not the BEAM that is IN thine own eye?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

US Says UN Must Act If Syria Violence Does Not Stop

Like that is going to happen.

It's more like..... US Says UN Must Act If Syria Violence Does Not Stop and the UN says to US we will use your military.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I wonder why the neighboring Muslim countries don't intervene. Don't they care about innocent lives? No?

As for the US, it is damn hard to break those imperialist, empire-building habits once you get addicted ain't it?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It seems that Putin gave Obama green light for action, or should I say "more space".
Yes, whenever US calls on UN some action is imminent. Bombs away...
Hell why producing weapons if not intended for use, those sick bastards

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

They are intervening...Turkey sent military to help the rebs...
Quatarie soldiers are there helping the rebs...
Iran guardsmen are there with assads boys...its a bizzy place.
The whole idea is to massacre enough people to go in with guns blazing and massacre some more....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I wonder why the neighboring Muslim countries don't intervene. Don't they care about innocent lives? No?

Why should they squander their blood and treasure when "uncle O" will do it for them?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Original Hilary Clinton double speak I think maybe pig latin????

The United States said Tuesday the U.N. Security Council must respond urgently and seriously if Syria fails to keep its pledge to halt offensive military operations by April 10.

The United States and France circulated a draft presidential statement to the Security Council on Tuesday supporting Annan, the joint U.N.-Arab League envoy. France's U.N. Ambassador Gerard Araud said it could be approved Wednesday or Thursday.

threw this little tidbit of gibberish here into google translate cause I just couldn't grasp what language they were using and do you know what popped out.......

" That if assad continues to ward off the american funded, and supplied, and trained terrorists, then the american military is going to futher support the terrorists, and have Assad be the next Ghadafi...." weird what you'll get when you translate into usable language.

Honestly I wonder how much s*** would hit the fan if per say, Russia, China, Iran, India, and Pakistan just too name a few. We're to fund, train, and support through the international community, the same type of support for any civil uprising here in North America. This springs OWS revival maybe. Really think it's time to stop creating chaos in the name of the corporate oligarchy that's fully active in our corner of the globe. Truely pathetic..

SaneThinking

new topics

top topics

join