It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why do alot of Christians hate Islam but love Judaism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
From what i have read islam seems to have no problems with Jesus but judaism does not like Jesus in the least. Heres some quotes from both sides on how they see are savior Jesus.

Here is some quotes from the Koran concerning Jesus.

"ALLAH is HE besides Whom there is none worthy of worship, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. HE has sent down to thee the Book containing the truth and fulfilling that which precedes it; and HE has sent down the Torah (Law of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guidance to the people; and HE has sent down the Discrimination (judgement between right and wrong)."—Qur'an, Surah 3:3-4

'O Mary, be obedient to thy Lord and prostrate thyself and worship the one God with those who worship HIM.' This is of the tidings of things unseen which WE reveal to thee. And thou was not with them when they cast their arrows, as to which of them should be the guardian of Mary, nor was thou with them when they disputed with one another. When the angels said, 'O Mary, ALLAH gives thee glad tidings of a son through a word from HIM; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to God; 'And he shall speak to the people in the cradle, and when of middle age, and he shall be of the righteous. She said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son, when no man has touched me? He said, 'Such is the way of ALLAH. HE creates what HE pleases. When HE decrees a thing HE says to it 'Be,' and it is;"—Qur'an, Surah 3:38-48

"Thereupon she pointed to him. They said, 'How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?' Jesus said, 'I am a servant of ALLAH. HE has given me the Book, and has made me a Prophet; 'And HE has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me Prayer and almsgiving so long as I live; 'And HE has made me dutiful towards my mother, and has not made me arrogant and graceless; 'And peace was on me the day I was born, and peace will be on me the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.' That was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth concerning which they entertain doubt."—Qur'an, Surah 19:30-35

Now for some Talmud quotes concerning Jesus.

He and his disciples practiced sorcery and black magic, led Jews astray into idolatry, and were sponsored by foreign, gentile powers for the purpose of subverting Jewish worship (Sanhedrin 43a).

He was sexually immoral, worshipped statues of stone (a brick is mentioned), was cut off from the Jewish people for his wickedness, and refused to repent (Sanhedrin 107b; Sotah 47a).

He learned witchcraft in Egypt and, to perform miracles, used procedures that involved cutting his flesh—which is also explicitly banned in the Bible (Shabbos 104b)

Here is a quote from the man who wrote the article of Jesus being a false prophet.

The Bible gave a warning about a dangerous, false prophet who would arise to test our faith in G-d. In Deuteronomy 13, G-d describes this false prophet as a member of the Jewish people (v. 2, 7) who would tell true prophecies and would have the power of miracles. G-d Himself would give this false prophet the power to perform miracles and reveal prophecy, but the false prophet would try to seduce the people away from G-d's Law and towards strange gods unknown to Judaism. The purpose would be to test whether we are truly committed to living under the Law, or whether we will be dazzled and fall for the temptation to join a false path to salvation (v. 3-6, 7-8, 11).

In this Biblical passage, G-d repeatedly commands the Jews to kill this false prophet, lest the evil spread and destroy many souls. To be accepted by the people, the false prophet would sometimes pretend to be a righteous Jew who fulfills the Law, but at key moments he would turn against certain details of the Law in order to make the breach (v. 6, 7). This is the reason that verse 1 commands us not to add or subtract any details from the Law, and verse 5 warns us to remain steadfast with all the traditions of the Law. In Deuteronomy 17, this false prophet is also described as someone who would rebel against the authority of the judges of the Jewish people, and who should be put to death for his rebelliousness (v. 8-13, esp. v. 12).

Who are the judges? The highest court in Israel was the Sanhedrin, which was established by Moses (Exodus 18:13-26; Numbers 11:16-29), and which lasted more than 15 centuries. The members of the Sanhedrin were the rabbis known as "Pharisees" (Pirushim, "those with the explanation"). G-d gave permanent authority to these judges to interpret the Law and G-d's Word, and it is a commandment to follow their decisions without turning even slightly to the right or the left (Deut. 17:11). But the false prophet would challenge the authority of the Sanhedrin, thus revealing himself to be an evil man.

So im confused Islam seems to have no problems with Jesus. Yet most Christians hate them But Judaism seems to despise Jesus(besides the messianic and maybe the kairites) but most Christians revere them. So whats the jist? MSM propaganda maybe? Anyone mind explaining?

www.noahide.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
By their fruit ye shall know them. I don't see many Jewish children with bomb vests killing innocents waiting to get on a bus.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Seeing how the Gospel of Thomas shows Jesus not liking the Pharisees, I'm gonna say they hand a hand in it. Put plenty of pro-Israel stuff in there so that the newly founded Roman Christian dogma would support their cause in taking Jerusalem and establishing Israel. You see one such attempt in the Crusades, and now you see it today with America/England supporting Israel and all the propaganda around that.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

It would appear your research over looked the "jihad" islam has declared on everybody around them.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

So your saying israel has commited no crimes against humanity? Hmm i remeber the the USS liberty. I also hear alot of people crying about how there sick of israel taking billions of americas taxpayer dollars annually. Theres also palestine. Shooting teens is cool i guess?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

no you see the zionist corperations doing that. hatred starts ah home friend and i recall several atrocities in america in the south.
i don't condone the bombers thats nuts! but i can see why these people are pissed. they're being occupied!!!!
what would you do if your country was taken over? the same thing-fight!
and its big buisness behind it all for oil ,natural gas,metals.
guess who runs that stuff ? america and zion!
im' not anti jew in the least,i study the torah, but for the cats that run america,canaday,and isreal are the bad guys.
lets go bomb iran! hey that sounds like a good idea! whos in?!!! and iran has done what to us exactly?
i dont think you should dwell on the maniac suicide bomber you watch on cnn.
the news is debunked here every day. but word of a suicide bomber and its the gospel!
were you there? what really happened?
i guess what i'm getting at that its not one race against the other,its what big buisness and government has made it happen. now we believe it.
sad state of affairs

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
no one know for sure if the talmud is referencing jesus or someone else.

wiki

I don't know if the same holds true with the Q'uran.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
By their fruit ye shall know them. I don't see many Jewish children with bomb vests killing innocents waiting to get on a bus.

and you also dont see the iraninan, afganstans's, matter of fact any muslim army attacking the United states, killing their children, raping the women, killing the elderly, all in the name of attack on terrorism.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
They may love Judaism, I always wondered why so many hate jews but love Israel.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

First of all, if a "Christian" loved Judaism I'd be hard pressed to call them a Christian. Sounds like someone who really practices Judaism and is trying to subvert Christians free in Christ like the Judaizers in the book of Galatians. Did you mean Muslims and Jews? Most of us dislike both equally. (Islam and Judaism that is.)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The Bible gave a warning about a dangerous, false prophet who would arise to test our faith in G-d. In Deuteronomy 13, G-d describes this false prophet as a member of the Jewish people (v. 2, 7) who would tell true prophecies and would have the power of miracles. G-d Himself would give this false prophet the power to perform miracles and reveal prophecy, but the false prophet would try to seduce the people away from G-d's Law and towards strange gods unknown to Judaism.

LMAO. This makes absolutely no sense at all if you actually read the bible. Only the Ruach ha Kodesh (Holy Spirit) can grant that kind of power, only He can grant the ability to prophecy, so it comes straight from God, and God supposedly gave him these powers to seduce his people into wickedness? Really? Thats some backwards kind of thinking. Even a novice can smell the stink of lie all over that. Even the old prophets prophecied Jesus and the things he would do so, Ezekiel, Elijah, Moses,Joel, Amos, Jeremiah and Isaiah are all lying? Even John the Baptist believed in Jesus.

Did the Sanhedrin fail to mention that whenever Jesus healed someone, they ran leaping and shoutng and praised Yahweh?

Deuteronomy 13 is talking about the Antichrist, not Jesus. In fact, it sounds to me like certain peoples in the old religion were desperately trying to hold on to their power, because someone dared to challege their corruption aboout how they were selling tainted lambs and goats whose bones had been broken but mended, which a sacrifice was to not have its bones broken or it would be defiled and no good, and the priests would turn around and resell those lame animals to unsuspecting people at a higher price knowing damn well they were screwing those people out of a sin sacrifice?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

First of all, if a "Christian" loved Judaism I'd be hard pressed to call them a Christian. Sounds like someone who really practices Judaism and is trying to subvert Christians free in Christ like the Judaizers in the book of Galatians. Did you mean Muslims and Jews? Most of us dislike both equally. (Islam and Judaism that is.)

Well, i'm not a judaiser, but i believe 100% that the decalogue is still in play, because it is evident in Christ's teachings that it is still in place since Jesus opposses murder, stealing, adultery (sexual immorality), covetousness, lying etc. These things are also mentioned in Revelation, so it certainly appears that the decalogue is still in place. Now as for the other 603 jewish civil laws, they're gone. That was the list of ordanances his crucifixtion blotted out that was contrary to us. The decalogue commandments are entirely beneficial to all humanity. I don't love juadaism, but i love what Christ taught so religion NO, but Jesus YES.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well, i'm not a judaiser, but i believe 100% that the decalogue is still in play, because it is evident in Christ's teachings that it is still in place since Jesus opposses murder, stealing, adultery (sexual immorality), covetousness, lying etc. These things are also mentioned in Revelation, so it certainly appears that the decalogue is still in place. Now as for the other 603 jewish civil laws, they're gone. That was the list of ordanances his crucifixtion blotted out that was contrary to us. The decalogue commandments are entirely beneficial to all humanity. I don't love juadaism, but i love what Christ taught so religion NO, but Jesus YES.

No it isn't. The entire law is summed up with one word: Love. If you love your neighbor as yourself you won't violate the last 8 commands of the Decalogue. If you love God with all your heart and all your mind you won't break the first two.

Jesus and love, period.

Paul argues that the one running around keeping ordinances is the weaker in the faith than the one who realizes his freedom in Christ. Also Christ and sin cannot co-exist together. We don't try to avoid sin, we concentrate on loving and growing closer to Christ. Abiding in Him. Our flesh dies as a natural result.

Jesus also said this: "If you love me you'll keep my commands." Not "if you keep my commands I'll love you." The key is loving Him, growing in His grace and knowledge. Dead flesh and ceasing to sin is the natural by-product of that. It's impossible to love Christ and draw near to Him and still sin, impossible.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
They hate Islam for the simplest reason:

It came afterwards, thus implying that something was wrong with Judaism and Christianity that required someone new. The same way that the Jews disliked Jesus, because his very existence (not to mention his message), quite explicitly called them (specifically the religious elite) out.

Lonewolf, do you keep the sabbath?

NuT: I think you're mixing up the meaning behind the quote here. Your wording seems to imply that you think that the statement is something like "If you love Jesus, you will (as a natural by-product of that love, not through effort), obey commandments". This seems to go along with your idea that people who are actually making an effort to do good are wrong, and they should let it come naturally.

While the statement itself is more a command: "If you love me, keep my commandments".
(I'm using the study tool you yourself recommended earlier, but then backed out on for the OT. This is the NT, however, so you shouldn't have any problem with the greek).
edit on 4-4-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
cause jews are white people too.

SORRY. but this is the real reason.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

This seems to go along with your idea that people who are actually making an effort to do good are wrong, and they should let it come naturally.

I am saying that exactly. Trying one's best is called living in the flesh. That's self-righteous behavior modification, not regeneration of the Holy Spirit. Following the Spirit isn't. Obeying Him is a natural by-product of loving Him. We all become like the things we worship. If we love Christ we'll become like Him. The world is cold, materialistic, and egocentric, guess what folks become like who worship the world?

And I'm not knocking effort per se. I'm knocking effort focused on our sin or our keeping laws, not our effort to grow closer and nearer to Him. It's about relationship, not keeping a list of dos and don'ts.

edit on 4-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
All this is mostly unrelated to the topic at hand, but I felt it necessary to address it anyhow.

reply to post by NOTurTypical

What about doing good? What about loving your neighbours? Do you believe that is simply a meaningless word? That you can think in your head "Yeah, I love my neighbours", and you are okay? Or do you understand that you have been called to action?
How often have you gone to the soup kitchen?
Or invited a poor stranger in for some shelter?
How many clothes do you have in your cupboard? Have you given the rest away to those who have no clothes?
When was the last time you went to the hospital to visit and comfort the sick? Or to prison?

By the "you"s in my questions, I don't specifically mean YOU, NuT- whether or not you truly have done any or all these things, I wouldn't be able to tell. It just bothers me that Jesus advocated such a beautiful system, that if we truly had over 2,000,000,000 Christians in this world, it'd be such an awesome place. I'd put the more probable figure at maybe in the double digits. To be a disciple of Jesus...most people don't realise what a force for good that would be in this world today, and they relegate it to simply "Believe Jesus died for your sins" and "Having faith", instead of striving to make the world a better place. Believing and loving God or Jesus is all well and good, but if you love Jesus, you'll follow what he says, and do what he says. What he says and does may give you inspiration to do good, but nobody will automatically do good simply for "truly believing in Jesus". You still need to put in effort.

Please, take no offence, I am sure you can see where I am coming from, as from *MY* understanding of what you explain of your understanding of the scripture, it doesn't seem you'd be following that though, NuT.
edit on 4-4-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

From what i have read islam seems to have no problems with Jesus but judaism does not like Jesus in the least. Heres some quotes from both sides on how they see are savior Jesus.

It has a lot to do with their wrong interpretation of a certain scripture.

"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
- Genesis 12:3

This was a promise made to Abraham, way before Judaism or Christianity. However, Christians interpret it to mean "those who bless the Jews will be blessed..."

The reason they hate Islam, is because they see it as alien to the religon of the bible... They will portray Islam in the worst light... despite it honoring Jesus as the messiah.

As for christians support of the jews, it is indeed astonishing how christians, who label everything that is not christian as "satanic" or "evil" etc, openly express support for a religious faction that outright rejects/insults Jesus, the central figure of christian theology and opposes every doctrines central to christian theology.

edit on 4-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

we don't hate Islam we just don't want anymore Pharaohs... you know those limited few who are born into the caste system and are actually supposed to be looked upon like a God...

nah I'm ok with that, I value my personal freedoms because everyone is special... America has given rise to some great minds and inventions in such a short time in history, it is quite certain the freedom is the only way to be.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

What about loving your neighbours?

Didn't you read my earlier post? I addressed this specifically with the "Decalogue" post. And I'm not taking the bait to brag or tell people in public the things I've done in the name of the Lord for Him and His kingdom.

That would immediately make them wood, stubble, and hay. Sin and flesh cannot live in His presence. Drawing near to Him kills the flesh and sin dies as a natural result. If we are loving Him we cannot sin. People who love Him keep His commands, and He only gave two.

Love God with all our might.
Love people as we'd love ourselves.

Anything we do to another that we'd never do to ourselves is a sin. Love is the fulfillment of the law of Moses. The Law is death, the Spirit is life eternal in Christ Jesus.

"I'm doing the best I can."

Strike one.

"I'm working hard to be the best I can be."

Strike two.

"I'm doing better than the next guy."

Strike three.

Those are works of the flesh. Just LOVE!!! That is the Spirit working through us in our regenerated new natures.

edit on 4-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join