It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to us why the Occupy movement is such a bad thing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Maybe you're new, but ATS isn't a conservative site. The last round of ATS sponsored polls that rolled through cleared that up.

As mentioned if Occupy was setup outside the White House or Congress/Senate protesting I'd be all for it. Protesting Wall Street? It just doesn't make sense and had the appearance of children whining for govt entitlements.

So does that mean that it is a liberal site? That would explain all of the rampant ignorance and stupidity on here. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
reply to post by RockLobster

Occupy is foolish , and if anything , is holding us back

I would be interested to know what it's holding us back from ?

The c word , you see , when you stand in the street doing absolutley nothing apart from group talks , where is it going ?

Occupy is excluding most of the people in America , if it was a huge thing that everyone beleived in and wanted to use it against the gov to bring down corperations running countries and what not , it would have been done by now. All i see these days is jumped up teenagers who think they know everything trying to change the world with free biscuits and group talks.

And if it was that easy to take down your government , America would have been in a heap long before 2000.

These occupy kids dont realise that we`ve put up with this kind of thing for years , you cant change it by shouting and screaming like spoilt children , you need to take the legal path , because that`s what the laws are there for.
The problem is , they dont understand the laws.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Wait... you honestly think its the protesters who are doing these things? Anytime a large group of people accumulate for any reason their will always be scum of the earth not far behind because that is a perfect opportunity to allow their devious nature to take its course.
Based on some of your responses, i know you are an intelligent person, and you know i am right on this point.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
So does that mean that it is a liberal site? That would explain all of the rampant ignorance and stupidity on here. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Another thing I don't get : what is this big problem with "liberals" to so many US people? Isn't being liberal having more freedom? What's the whole thing going on there? You can't mean that people wanting freedom and equality are ignorant and stupid, so I don't get what you mean, nor do I get the issue so many Americans have with "liberals." It's almost as if people are being brainwashed into thinking the word liberal is a nasty thing, but when you look at the state of so many countries it's not really surprising, is it?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Because it wont achieve anything. All it is, is a bunch of hipsters sitting in a park, protesting where theyre being told to protest, and abiding by the laws that make their demonstration ineffective. There is no order, there is no goal, there is no leader to the "revolution".

Dont get me wrong, i think the Occupy movement is a commendable one, its great that people are finally "waking up" here in the U.S. and are making an effort to change things, but this whole camping out in a park, holding clever signs, and quarrelling with swine here and there isnt going to change a damned thing in America.

Our government is so out of touch with "we the people" that peaceful protest will not, i repeat WILL NOT, change anything. If we want TPTB to listen to us, the commoners, we must take our message to their front door, kick it down, and show them we mean business, not sit on their front lawn and beg them to change their ways...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

They/we are protesting the corrupt federal government, but...there's also the ones who are doing the corrupting. Both have to be exposed and both are.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I take back my intelligent comment via the earlier posT

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is why the occupy movement MUST BE STOPPED!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
this is why, that thread covers it, to give you a little
sneak peak vomit inducing pict
ure

Occupy folks tearing up a YMCA!
burning the flag and taking over
building. It is a riot starter.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Another thing I don't get : what is this big problem with "liberals" to so many US people? Isn't being liberal having more freedom? What's the whole thing going on there?

A good rule of thumb for American politics is to assume that political label x doesn't have an independent meaning, it usually just means everything I don't like.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

What about the flags that cops have ripped down, that had been hung prominently and with respect, torn and thrown in the trash?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

Thanks for your reply, I understand your point better.

I myself have a little more hope that what is currently seen as poorly organised and without a strong clear message, will have found more organisation and clarity over the winter.

I await more news though

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

You're on a conservative site, put on your boxing gloves or you can borrow a pair from me.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

What about the flags that cops have ripped down, that had been hung prominently and with respect, torn and thrown in the trash?

Ones of the Tents they took down when they forced
them off the park? Flags on illegal occupying tents?
which ones ?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I agree with the basic premise of the protest; to protest the immoral practices of Wall Street.

However, they do not have the right to sit on another person's property, such as the front lawn of a government building and occupy it to be disruptive. Protest, but don't be disruptive of other people. That's infringing upon other people's rights too. I'm getting really frustrated with people who think that having a right means you can go anywhere you want and break any law you want to because you're just exercising your right. Many rights end on private property, or would you like to see the most unpleasant people come into your house and start shouting you down because you believe in something different than the protesters do.

I don't like the fact that they allow anybody to protest with them. They shouldn't allow just anybody to protest with them, for if the wrong people protests with them, then that invalidates their premise and their protests and only invites ridicule. From then on they'll be associated with the bad seed, and that's how people are going to see them. They should've allowed only people who want to protest Wallstreet with them.

In short, I think they are right to protest Wallstreet, but they are doing it in the wrong way.

I also believe that these protests don't accomplish anything. Wallstreet will never voluntarily allow itself to be regulated, and will fight any attempt. The only thing Wallstreet cares about is making a profit, and a protests that just makes noise won't rattle their cages as long as they're still making a profit.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

There's no justification for it, don't even try.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

They/we are protesting the corrupt federal government, but...there's also the ones who are doing the corrupting. Both have to be exposed and both are.

Why isn't it called "Occupy the Corrupt Federal Government"? It's Occupy Wall Street because it started out as people protesting corporations, who were given their power by a corrupt federal government. Again, protesting a fire because it burned them.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It had to start somewhere.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Occupy wasn't a bad thing. It was seen as one, because the media portrayed it as one, and certain people believed what the media told them.
edit on 4-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join