It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC, Maryland, and Wisconsin vote today. Discuss results and experiences here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Today is Tuesday and you know what that means, likely another round of states voting in the endless GOP primary. I live in Maryland and just got back from voting. Pretty good first experience for an 18 year old

Here's how it went:
When I walked in, there was an older man separating out the 2 precincts that were voting at the school. 05-22 in the gym and 05-10 in the cafe. I was 05-10 so I went into the cafe and verified my info. I was then given what looked like a giant SIM card and led to a Diebold voting machine. Voting was straightforward and I voted for Ron Paul. What was interesting was that I was able to select the delegates, even though I thought it was winner take all. I just selected all for Paul.

Some interesting tidbits i noticed:
-There was virtually no security as far as verifying who was who. I brought in my voter ID card, but don't think I even need it. I just needed my date of birth and address
-It was totally deserted and run by a bunch of older people, very laid back
-They were happy to see me and told me I needed to get more people my age to come out and vote
-In the time I went, I saw a few families come in and leave, that's it
-One girl around my age voted in another precinct. I asked her who she voted for. She said she didn't even know -___-

Use this thread to discuss the results of the primaries, as well as discuss your experiences if you did indeed go.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

So, you basically wasted your vote on a guy who has absolutely no chance of winning anything. Congradulations. At the ripe old age of 18 you have proven your status as a " rebel "... Now, what are you going to do in the general election when " Dr. Paul " is not on the ticket?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlucchese

I am 57 years old and I also voted for Ron Paul during
my states primary.What do you have to say to me?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I suppose he should have voted for who the media has predetermined the most popular candidate to be? Do you even believe in representative government? I applaud the OP for choosing a candidate that represents his wishes. If you want to voted for someone that represents your distorted view of America then be my guest. Hey, its a free country after-all, at least until people of your mindset get into office.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I voted in a township hall that has a wood stove they still use , when needed. I used a paper ballot and voted for the only person , who actually would make a change, Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Write in him in... duh (that would be my answer.) also... why so condescending with your response?

Its like asking why are you a mets fan or a pirates fan (baseball) when you could be a fan of the yankees because they win so much!

its a choice friend... DEAL WITH IT!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"Wisconsin"
Went to a local middle school gym.
Signed the voting form.
Took my election paper over to the "voting booth".
Pondered all the other elections,and those running,going on in my city,and why I havent heard of most of them.
Then proceeded to vote for Ron Paul.
Why,some might ask,simple because I can.
Its who I wanna vote for.
~Cheers~

edit on 3-4-2012 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

This is my very first post. I today also voted for ron Paul. He is the person I feel should be president. We r not betting on a horse to win a race but someone we feel has the same views as us.

But anyway my voting experience was great! I live in Wisconsin. No waiting no lines. Just a good old in and out!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Romney is already projected to win Maryland.

Wisconsin and DC resutls aren't in yet.

And Obama has officially clinched the Democratic Nomination.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Romney won all three primaries for today, Maryland, DC, and Wisconsin.

Not that anyone here on ATS cares...because Ron Paul won't even get above 15% in any of the contests.

edit on 3-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
ronmey got the nomination folks, you can forget about a convention, ain't happening. Santorum is hoping to drop out with a high, so maybe he'll just wait till Texas before he officially drops out. He knows there ain't any hope for him because if he sticks around, he'll lose friends in the Republican party.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And Obama has officially clinched the Democratic Nomination.

Are you sure? I mean, he only has like 99.4% of the vote. Seems like a relatively week showing on his part

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Typical...typical of ATS - mods and other ron paul supporters.

You libretarians??? have a big problem. just like liberals....you see only your view, no others. and any other view is wrong. hence the term - libretarian. Also, this is why your guy had to run under the republican ticket, cause he can't get noticed unter your own libretarian flag.

So, it's over. You voted and your guy couldn't pick up one delegate....forget a brokered convention....never going to happen.

wa, wa, wa.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think it's interesting that, although these three wins have given Romney a very strong lead, it's still not "in the bag." I thought for awhile that he'd pull out at least one win in these three states.

Comments made by voters in exit polls show how important it was to the process for a candidate to actually show up and start talking to people. We'll see what happens if the attack ads rise again -- and the robocalls. People are getting tired of both those things.

One thing this vote did do was force Gingrich (who has vowed to stay in "all the way to Tampa") to cut his advance team from 17 to zero., effectively acknowledging that he's not going to get the nomination but he's in it for the long haul. His funding sources are almost tapped out, according to that story.

The same source says that the Ron Paul campaign is "laying low" -- uh -- whatever that means. (seriously -- I don't know if the reporter means they're just not having any sort of real presence (given a possibility after looking at finances showing he's not spending much on appearances) or if the reporter is concluding that Paul isn't running around to make appearances and is content to let internet momentum support him. No clue here.)

The big battle to watch is Pennsylvania, where Romney and Santorum are going to be in the world's biggest dogfight. This is Santorum's stomping grounds -- AND (what I find rather interesting) is that he seems to be on the rise as the person for Tea Party members are voting for.

New York's the next big state, in 20 days. I wonder if we'll see a battle of PACs.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
-There was virtually no security as far as verifying who was who. I brought in my voter ID card, but don't think I even need it. I just needed my date of birth and address

Not uncommon. The idea is to make voting as accessible to citizens as possible.

-It was totally deserted and run by a bunch of older people, very laid back

True of every place I've voted. Retiree volunteers make it possible to spend less on elections and the fact that it's volunteers means that it's hard for one political party to stack the results.

-They were happy to see me and told me I needed to get more people my age to come out and vote

It's generally only the older voters who come in. The younger ones gripe and fuss about the results, but they're not there in huge numbers. If the younger crowd doesn't start developing a voting habit, the number of people determining the laws for this country is going to be very tiny.

So... are you going to go to the non-Presidential elections and find out what the issues are that your state and town are voting on? Most people aren't that interested, to tell the truth. I'm intending to become more involved, myself.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Romney got a majority, for once, in DC, but fell short in the other two votes. As I've said before, he has hardly won a majority in any of the states, with two of them having special circumstances, plus Paul has been cannibalizing the caucus states. Anybody who thinks this is anywhere near over has been watching too much TV.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join