It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says could hit U.S. if it came under attack: paper

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Iran says could hit U.S. if it came under attack: paper

news.yahoo.com

The United States would not be safe from retaliation if Iran is attacked by Washington, the Iran newspaper quoted a senior Revolutionary Guards commander on Tuesday as saying.

"In the face of any attack, we will have a crushing response. In that case, we will not only act in the boundaries of the Middle East and the Persian Gulf, no place in America will be safe from our attacks," Massoud Jazayeri was quoted as saying by the daily.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Iran stated that if it was attacked by the US then they would strike back not only in the Middle East and Persian Gulf area but no where in the US would be safe.

Frankly I don't believe that Iran has the capability to do such a thing.

Iran would not strike any country first, he said.

I feel as though if they were attacked they would not have the means to strike back. A NATO led invasion would deliver a crushing blow to Iran and there logistics.

Iranian officials have warned that the Islamic Republic's response to any military strike would be painful and has said it could close the oil shipping thoroughfare the Strait of Hormuz.

They have been threatening to close the Strait for months now and have not acted on it. I feel this is just a scare tactic used by them to stop the UN sanctions from happeneing. IMO I believe that Iran would make a terrible decision in closing the Strait, not only would it plundge the world into worse problems then we already have but it would also give NATO a reason to begin military strikes against the country.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Good for them. 'TPTB' need to learn that Iran is no Iraq or Afghanistan. Their military is very good and with Russian and Chinese support, the US certainly won't have an easy time.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

I don't believe the Russians or Chinese would intervene if military action took place. Both countries would have to much to loose is the resulting action.

no matter what if Iran is attack it will lead to WW3, and I will be on the tip of the spear with the Marines.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Good for them. 'TPTB' need to learn that Iran is no Iraq or Afghanistan. Their military is very good and with Russian and Chinese support, the US certainly won't have an easy time.

That is the only ace in the hole, russia and china. Which honestly, China probably would not destroy their investment, but russia may have an old grudge. either way, Iran does not have any military capability against the U.s, unless mobile nukes were at their disposal

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
With the state of the southern border, I'm not surprised they could attack anywhere in the U.S. If they do, they do, I suppose. Maybe then, people will wake up. I doubt it though.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

I feel as though if they were attacked they would not have the means to strike back. A NATO led invasion would deliver a crushing blow to Iran and there logistics.

Iranian officials have warned that the Islamic Republic's response to any military strike would be painful and has said it could close the oil shipping thoroughfare the Strait of Hormuz.

They have been threatening to close the Strait for months now and have not acted on it.

news.yahoo.com

1) They may have sleeper cells ordered to act on any news of a US attack on Iran. The US even claims as much.

2) they DO NOT want to close the straight. What they are doing is trying to not get attacked.

If I get jumped you can bet I'll pretend I have a Gun or something similar. Whether these are empty threats or not, they WILL NOT act until acted upon.
edit on 4/3/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

They only want the cost/benifet ratios to be unfavorable for an attack on them.. Make us think twice.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

I didn't mean intervene militarily. They could supply Iran with new high-end jets, missiles etc..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Filth and lies they have the technology to get a bomb across Asia AND the Pacific. If they do, then they already have a nuke.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i doubt that...i dont think they can hit the main land....maybe a terrorist attack but nothing significant.

what they can do is upset our assets around the world..

which leads me to the REAL war...which will be fought by SAUDI ARABIA...over bahrain...

to us...that is as contained as a war can get...happy sailing

peace

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Or they just activate the sleeper cells and attack from within.

That is what I would do.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Someone should tell Mahmoud Imanutjob that if you hit someone, they might hit back.

Even Our Dear Leader might take offense to being killed by a muslim.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sure they can. Put some missiles on some tramp steamers and sail off the coast of the US in international waters. Lawyers for Obama would spend months debating whether it would be legal to take out the ships. Meanwhile the missiles would be in range of many American cities. If you don't have a long range missile, shorten the range. One of many ways to attack America without large fleets of planes and ships.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
With Missiles? Not a chance. I'm sorry.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Yes they could supply them with weaponry and jets but then they have to be trained on them, and all the while they are training strategic airstrikes by the US and NATO would be wipeing them out.

With China's booming economy now they would think twice before doing anything from supplying Iran to even sending in troops and I don't think Russia will get involved in a military conflict anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is the same policy most other countries have, so I do not fault Iran for coming out and saying this is true for their country as well. Do they have the capability to hit the US? Of course they do. Maybe not militarily, although that is a dangerous assumption, but clandestinely. I predict that if the US attacked Iran, we would see an influx of terrorism the likes of which we have never experienced.

I think others share my point of view as well, since it is just common sense. It is much easier to field clandestine operatives for the purpose of domestic terrorism than it is to develop the technology and arms necessary for a trans-global strike.

And you can bet that if this does happen, Iran will utilize our weakened Southern borders as entry points for weapons and some operatives. What if Iran has Russian suitcase nukes? What if our intelligence doesn't know that? Do you know how easy it would be to get one of those devices within range of a major US city?

I do not advocate striking Iran, but it isn't because I am scared of retalliation. It is based more on moral and ethical grounds. But, I am aware that Iran will not be a pushover as many seem to think. Many Americans believe that we will do to Iran what we did in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is a mistake. An attack on Iran would result in a war lasting years. In Iran itself, if the government were displaced, there would still be "terrorists" who could hold out in the Iranian mountains for decades.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Sure they can. Put some missiles on some tramp steamers and sail off the coast of the US in international waters. Lawyers for Obama would spend months debating whether it would be legal to take out the ships. Meanwhile the missiles would be in range of many American cities. If you don't have a long range missile, shorten the range. One of many ways to attack America without large fleets of planes and ships.

that's even another angle besides sleepers. I didn't even think about that one.

good point. I really really hope I don't find out if this is true.

This is a messy situation and everyone knows it. We would have attacked them by now if it wasn't.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Americans really don't get scared from attacks we get angry,because you can't hit us all at once.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Americans really don't get scared from attacks we get angry,because you can't hit us all at once.

The whole world knows as much. They are not after us. They would be perfectly content to spread their influence across the Middle East and never come into contact with us.

I am not on their side, I am on ours, but just saying..

I hope this war never starts. It will not be like any of the other ones in recent history. This one will hurt, Bad.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wars of aggression are immoral, plain and simple. The religious folks that think otherwise should know better, but so many of several faiths have let their souls become polluted and twisted by the lies of their leaders.

Even I know this and I'm not religious in any common sense.

I'm sure Iran has the ability to use clandestine cells to attack our country should war begin. I also agree they could have numerous ships off the coast with hidden missiles that would not be detected until after they fired them. The amount of shipping traffic is beyond what most of you may imagine. There are ships out there everywhere from hundreds of countries. It would be a simple matter to have many disguised as the above post suggested.

Could Iran possess these suitcase nukes? I think there's a good possibility that they may have acquired several at the dissolution of the Soviet state. It wouldn't have been too difficult from what I've read. They probably aren't the only country to have acquired these assets.

How about we do the smart thing for once and stop with the war-mongering. They know if they were to attack us or some other highly advanced nation, it would mean absolute destruction. The war is not necessary. It's another scheme imposed upon the citizens by the power elite structure that benefits from endless war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join