It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Large Tornado On The Ground Near I-35 In The Dallas Area

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Brendan Sullivan has got a "huge Tornado" behind him.

www.chasertv.com...
Just lost video but his audio is working

edit on 3-4-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here's a still image from WFAA from the trailers that were being thrown around

ETA - Some damaged houses in Arlington I believe

edit on 3-4-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
north collin county in mckinney checking in.....sky obscured and pea green'....lakes were already full, but we ran-off 5 inches in an hour my road is a river....curb to curb gonna fill up thatlake some more

yep, I'm in a tornado spawing area...princeton texas.....I need to dig a shelter...huh

!pdate edit.....what does it mean when the scud clouds blow sideways past those others 40 miles an hour.....pea green has gone....just scud blowin now

u
edit on 3-4-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

edit on 3-4-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Local news is saying it's looking bad for Greenville. They said a tornado emergency may about to be issued for that area. Not a watch, or warning, but an emergency. The tornado just passed over I-30 and is just a few miles southwest of Greenville.

ETA - Its 7 miles SW of Greenville, while moving straight towards Greenville at 35mph

ETA - It's a big one. Local tv is showing some pretty heavy damage

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
More pictures I took on my TV from local stations. Just came out a few minutes ago

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm 20 miles east of Dallas, a tornado touched down just north of us and reportedly damaged many homes and one of our two high schools. No photos yet, just verbal reports. Not sure how bad it is but they said they're looking for "survivors" which hopefully just means they're checking to make sure no one is hurt. I left work in Dallas at around 3:00 and driving home was surreal. It was raining buckets, the sky in downtown Dallas was inky black and all the emergency sirens were all blaring. Plus they were cutting in on the radio every 5 minutes with emergency alerts. It wasn't even raining when I got home, but it hit about 15 minutes later and the wind has been whipping and rain pouring down ever since. One of my kids made it home and the others are on lockdown at school. They actually started home on the busses and the school called the busses back and they've been locked down ever since. This is crazy, crazy weather! I've lived in Texas all my life and can count events like this on one hand for sure. I'm watching the news and damage reports and videos are constant now, there's a lot of damage from this one. No injuries have been reported so far.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Holy cow! I'm just now seeing video coverage on The Weather Channel. Just WOW! Semi trucks flying around like matchbooks! Yikes!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They finally release my other kids from school and they just got home safely. My younger daughter got texted the below photo by one of her friends, she lives north of us and snapped this in her front yard using her cel phone. This is the tornado I mentioned above that caused the home and high school damage.

EDIT TO ADD: here are a few more pics from my daughter's friends, these were all taken just a few miles north of us:

edit on 3-4-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here's a few more pics I snapped from my tv. I believe the first one is the tornado that went through Arlington. Im not sure if the 2nd is the same tornado or the other one

ETA - Thankfully, no deaths or serious injuries are reported. Im thinking these tornadoes were about F-3 strength

ETA 2 - Local news is saying DFW will problably be shut down for the entire night.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
More info on DFW airport from some of the local tv statins. They say American Airlines have about 110 of their aircraft are damaged, and around 400 flights have been cancelled.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Well, I have been known to take things a bit too, seriously, especially when ppl are involved. I feel inadequate when reporting and updating when something of this magnitude happens and I am late into the discovery like here today.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2

Lancaster over 300 buildings destroyed. Probably the heart of the massive damage in Texas today.

Sometimes when these types of emergencies happen all people or Members have is their cell phone, so they check in here to know what to expect and what to do.

Many many members do not ever or rarely reply, but they are here just the same. ATS has saved lives I personally know this to be true, it also is a lifeline in times of catastrophe, this I also know.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Great footage from a fellow YouTuber, wow!

Also, sorry is I posted this thread in the wrong place. I was in a hurry to get it up, didn't mean to do that lol. Thanks for all the input, this thing it not over yet, heads up to the East and North East of Dallas!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

That was amazing to see, hard to figure tornadoes out, how one place still stands while others are swept away.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MaKaElectric

AMAZING video, looked like it came back down at the end...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm in Fort Worth. I was at school when the storm moved through. My class was in an old church, complete with a fallout shelter. I felt safe (in more way than one), but that didn't stop me from checking my phone every minute to see about my parents. We ended up just getting a lot of rain and wind, but I have friends in Arlington that had damage to their houses.

The unofficial count so far is 12 tornadoes. Miraculously, no one was seriously injured, let alone killed. I'm really surprised at the lack of damage and injuries compared to how widespread and severe this storm was. There's so many people living so close together here that it could have been really bad really fast. We barely got up to 80 F today. I can't image how bad it would have been if the temperature was higher. Yesterday they were telling us that there would be severe storms this afternoon, but I don't think even the weathermen were expecting this. It was like it just popped up all of the sudden.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Very happy to know that you dodged the bullet this time. It was a miracle that people were not injured and killed. Well there will be more reports to come, but for you and yours, all is going to be fine. Glad that you checked in, and that you are well. Be sure to check with your personal stories as they unfold.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Yesterday they were telling us that there would be severe storms this afternoon, but I don't think even the weathermen were expecting this. It was like it just popped up all of the sudden.

I had no idea it would be this crazy. 12 tornadoes? That's pretty intense. I woke up around 11am, and heard about the severe thundstorms south of me, and by 1:30/2pm, the tornadoes were already out there. On my way to school around 1ish, I heard the radio say there was one going over 35, then another out in Tarrant county, plus one more somewhere else in Dallas.

Its like it just takes a second until the weather goes extreme

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Still kicking - interesting day...
I'm up and down the 75 corridor everyday for work - went as far south as Rowlett today...
Some mean hail out there and obviously the tornados - didn't get to see any but heard sirens almost everywhere I went

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Everyone okay?

Central Texas didn't get hit that hard thank goodness.

It's going to be a wild spring my fellow Texans, please be careful.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Last I heard the official count was 11. There was one EF-3, three EF-2, one EF-1, and four EF-0. There's still two left to be determined, so some of those numbers will change. This all happened within five hours.

I hope we got our bad weather over with. I'd hate for this to be a preview of what's to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join