It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Large Tornado On The Ground Near I-35 In The Dallas Area

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This link, says neighborhoods look like they have been placed through a blender, down near Lancaster area.

This is a great link which I will post again.

www.myfoxdfw.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Thats not funny, please don't take chances. These storms are ripping homes and buildings apart, they are talking about rain wrapped tornadoes and they are so dangerous.

Collin and Denton counties are going to be under the gun until this evening, these are multipal storms, so get to a safe place now and ride it out my friend so you can live to report tomorrow.

Tornado on ground Trinity mills tollway.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

In all seriousness, my bedroom is the safest place in the house. central with a stone bathroom inside it.

Quick Update: The sirens are wailing, the skies are darker, and I can see state troopers forcing everyone on the interstate to pull over to the side. My mother, and my brother are both being held in storm shelters at work/school.

My thoughts to all those who have been in this monster's path so far.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
People sheltering in place at a rest home even though it is partially destroyed. One patient was reported injured, it is so serious.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

OH I am so sorry, I am in tears for you and your family, this must be so difficult for you my friend, hang in there, prayers headed your way and for your families safety.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

OH I am so sorry, I am in tears for you and your family, this must be so difficult for you my friend, hang in there, prayers headed your way and for your families safety.

Thank you for your prayers...but in all honesty my family is going some serious s*** recently. This is more like a bad day.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Here's hoping you all come through this day day together.

My brother lives in the area and I'm so worried for him & family!

OiO

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I wish I knew what to say, just hang in there and stay safe, know that there are so many prayers going out for you right now. Keep us informed, what news are you watching, listening to?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We have family in the area.... trying to get in touch with them..... this is just craaaazy! Sorry if this video/link has already been posted..

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

We all are, this is just shocking and was one of those storms that they just did not give a good heads up for, that is when it is the worst case scenario. I meant we all are hoping for the best for your family. Check back ok?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I hope everyone stays safe.
You can watch the storm chasers in this storm at this link.
stotrm chasers LIVE

If you click on the chaser named Jason McLaughlin, he is the chaser they are using on the myFOXdfw live stream.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I am watching cnn on sat tv. am using the link posted above for local news, it seems to be pretty good.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just saw this come across....

@CBSDFW
Tornado Warning until 4 p.m. for Dallas, Kaufman and Rockwall Counties. Possible tornado developing near Seagoville, moving east at 30mph.
twitter.com

OiO

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hanging in here...no twister in sight.

However we did just get roughly six inches of rain in less than five minutes.

Non-local Update: A twister has touched down in the city of Campell. Thoughts with them.
Also, the Mayor of Arlington has officially declared a state of emergency, to last up to seven days.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There is a live feed video and chat at myFOXdfw
Also, at this thread there are more video links and links to live twitter feeds.
praying for these folks..

Another live radar link - NWS DFW
edit on 4/3/12 by anniquity because: added another link

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

My mom spoke with my brother a little while ago, and he said so far so good. The we saw the storm headed east of their home, so mom called my sister-in-law. She said it was hitting hard and her & their dogs where in the bathroom.

My brother works for a shipping company so when I saw all those trucks scattered like toy blocks, I freaked out!

Please everyone, stay safe. Just keep an ear on the news for the latest alerts.

OiO

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Its a twista, its a twista!

In Texas they are actually pronounced "tar-na-ters".

Freaking hail scared the heck out of me as I was driving home.
It literally sounded as if someone dropped a brick on my hood.
Five seconds later, another one, then another and another, like corn popping kernels going off.
Time to call my agent, again.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My family are good....they saw it a few miles down the street and say it was an F4. Good luck to everyone in the storms path and man...
can you say praying this settles down sooner than later.

Also, I sure hope we here in TN do not get the tornadoes....bring on the rain but no tornadoes!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Are you out of harms way yet? I hear they are slow moving twisters.... BE SAFE!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Are you out of harms way yet? I hear they are slow moving twisters.... BE SAFE!

Well, the sirens have stopped, and traffic is slowly moving. That said I am a cautious person, so no lawn darts just yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join