It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Tornadoes Touch Down in DFW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well I think this is the retaliation for Dallas standing up to the Feds and the whole Obama not on the ballot issue, and probably others as well.

Say what?

Obama's on the ballot for the Presidential election. I live in the Dallas area and vote Democrat, and I know he's on the Democrat party election ballot.

This really is just typical Texas springtime weather. We've been having it since forever. I know some non-Texans are probably alarmed by this, but it's really just the usual shenanigans for this time of year in Texas.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Just a minute ago on CNN....They are saying there is going to be alot more damage in Tarrant County...lots of gas lines leaking, and helicopters are unable to fly above and survey the damage yet.

ETA - Here's a still image from WFAA from the trailers that were being thrown around

edit on 3-4-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

Some damaged houses

edit on 3-4-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Looting is being reported too, great. Man those tractor trailer's flying around and piling up is crazy looking. Were the tornados rated?

More news reporting

A good live link to follow:
www.livewxradar.com...

Stay safe and blessings to the endangered.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
im in alabama hope it dont make its way here that wold b 3 years in a row for us

my hart goes out to texas ive seen what stors like these can do

its hell not knowing your own town cause everythings gone

i rember my school got hit day after prom
there where still baloons in the lunchroom with no roof
tornados really suck ...and blow no pun intended

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I lived in Forney for four years. They got hit pretty hard in a fairly new subdivision on the north side of town. I remember seeing it being built right before I moved in 2006. There is a dramatic story of a woman babysitting three kids, including her own 18 month old grandchild, who took refuge in a bathtub seconds before the tornado hit her house dead on and completely demolished it.

www.wfaa.com...

FORNEY - In walking through the tornado-ravaged Diamond Creek subdivision in Forney, where 20 to 30 homes suffered major damage, one home grabbed the attention of News 8 reporter Teresa Woodard. The house was almost entirely destroyed, with just a small panel of the back wall of the house and a bathtub still standing.

But more amazing was the story inside. A woman was babysitting three children, one of whom was her 18-month-old grandson. She was watching storm coverage on her notebook computer when she saw Forney was in the path. She climbed into the bathtub with those children and waited for the storm to pass. Soon however the wind grew so strong, it ripped apart the house around them and began to pull the 18 month old from her arms. The grandmother clung on to her grandson's feet and somehow they all survived. The grandson had minor injuries, but he was smiling and reunited with his mother hours later Tuesday.

Check out the video in the link, there is nothing left of her house but the tub and the wall it was attached to. The rest of the house is completely demolished. It is a miracle nobody died.

From the looks of it, I'd guess an F-4.

My nephew, who lives down the road from this disaster, says he caught some awesome tornado footage and will upload it when their power is restored.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Excellkent news to hear about you and your familys Byrd. We love you at ATS as you should know of course.
My daughter is down around houston. Always gives me a scare to here tornado Texas i'm right on the phone .
edit on 3-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
here's live data you can view yourself for updates

Intelicast

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well I think this is the retaliation for Dallas standing up to the Feds and the whole Obama not on the ballot issue, and probably others as well.

Is that a joke or do you actually believe that? First, Obama IS on the ballot here...I have no idea where you came up with that one. There was never any talk around here that he might not be...He always was....

And, this is average weather for this area, this time of year....They don't call it tornado alley for nothing, you know...

It's spring in north Texas....We get lots of tornado's....Nothing new there...

Sorry, but your information on Obama ballots is wrong and we have always had tornado's in the spring and summer... Even long before Obama was around. I promise.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Dutch predicted this storm after spotting HARRP rings in the area....

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=iLw8uMTvVX8
edit on 3-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Fixing link

Another interesting possibility.....

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=yN0A-qCSGsE

I'm on my IPad... I don't have the tools to insert a proper link

edit on 3-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add info

edit on 3-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: lol I had2 on the 2nd one... Sorry

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who lives outside of Denton, the news station he was listening to announced that so far 600 homes have been destroyed.
He works for the Fire Dept. in Denton and got called out, he said he'd call back later if given a chance.

Best I can update for now, sorry.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Dutchsinse didn't predict #. Look at the archived SPC convective outlooks for April 2nd. In addition, Dutchfraud predicted severe weather in Minnesota. NOTHING.

His latest bull # is based on loading errors in Intellicast's rendering software!

ONCE AGAIN, he looks at real forecasts where severe weather has already been predicted, finds loading erros in Intellicasts's software that produces a square, calls it a scaler square, and predicts severe weather (that's already been predicted).

edit on 4-4-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

No disrespect, but I dont think I have ever seen someone be so happy in being an Obama/Democrat supporter. Any regrets??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join