It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Tornadoes Touch Down in DFW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Severe storms are now developing in the Metroplex and all of North Texas is under a Tornado Watch until 8 p.m.

Johnson, Tarrant County Tornado

At about 12:45 p.m., rotation was spotted near the northeast section of Johnson County as the storm moved north toward Burleson. Considerable damage to at least four homes has been reported in the wake of the storm.

That cell moved northeast into southern and eastern Tarrant County toward Mansfield and southwest Arlington. NBC 5 stormspotter Marin Licious said the funnel cloud had touched down in Rendon near Farm-to-Market Road 1187.

At 1:17 p.m., the rotation was spotted near Rendon and Mansfield heading north toward southwest Arlington.

source with video

Tornadoes hit near Dallas; storm heads for Houston
edit on 3-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Keep your heads down. Looks like the storms aren't over yet for that area.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cnoland

The weather channel was showing one of them live and it went on 4 about 30-40 minutes..Big rig trucks tossed in the air and thrown down..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Texas Warren Everyone needs to make their way to Cowboys Stadium becuase you know there won't be a touchdown there! :-)

From a commenter on MSNBC...I wish I could take credit for it

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lyons666
reply to post by cnoland

The weather channel was showing one of them live and it went on 4 about 30-40 minutes..Big rig trucks tossed in the air and thrown down..

CNN has that video
on.video of tornado sending tractor-trailers flying through the air in Dallas County, Texas.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
@dfwairport. is the twitter tag to look for to try to get real time updates if possible (if your a local) www.ktre.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was worried about this because, as usual, yesterday we had really strong winds here on the Texas / New Mexico border. Same scenario as before.

I used to live in the DFW area for 10 years, and this is the worst storm outbreak I've seen. I have friends there that are now taking shelter and are bracing for the worst. They are scared to death and I don't blame them!!

The supercells are exceptionally ugly and there will be a whole lot of damage before this outbreak is over. I had an odd feeling DFW was going to have an nasty spring season. Watch out Arkansas and Louisiana, these cells are coming your way and show no sign of slowing down or weakening.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm about 4 miles north of downtown Dallas and my office faces downtown. They've sounded the emergency sirens several times, and they made us go into the building core for about half an hour. But the alert passed and we're back in the office. It's nasty and black-looking outside right now though. Raining like crazy, but no hail and winds are low. We've heard from some people we work with downtown that they evacuated some of the building occupants down into the basements for a while, but they've since returned to their offices. No reports of damage as far as I know.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There is a live chat and video at

Right now (2:11pm) there are 3 tornadoes on the ground.
myFOXdfw
Dear Lord, this thing is massive.
praying....

(This is a repost from another thread. Chat and Video still live at 3:03pm.).

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well I think this is the retaliation for Dallas standing up to the Feds and the whole Obama not on the ballot issue, and probably others as well.

To the White hats, don't give into any bullying, and don't you think its time to Disclose everything and all the secret technology so people can stand up and take this world back!!! I do!!!!! Don't give in to bullies, they only grow bigger. These ones need to be sent to the corner, massively timed out!!!!

The very same technology that harms us, and does these weather manipulations, also can clean up toxins, radiation and heal people. The other side of the coin on the technology.

You never ever give into a bully. Not even once, or everyone loses.

You shine light on them and expose everything.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm in Frisco.

Nobody is scared #less around here.

At least, I didn't see anyone acting crazy on the roads.

We had several crews were working in the colony a little east about 90 minutes ago at a construction site, and we decided to call it quits once the rain started pouring. Nobody was flippant, we just took off and headed home to miss the crazy storms.

I see lightning, and it's hailed a little here and there, but it's basically just another severe thunderstorm with a few twisters thrown in.

Not the end of the world.

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well I think this is the retaliation for Dallas standing up to the Feds and the whole Obama not on the ballot issue, and probably others as well.

Please get well soon.

Update!

Here is my current position and the wave I'm about to encounter. Lots of lighting, and it's making some wicked angles like I don't recall seeing before. Fast movements across the sky low overhead, yet still striking down. Crazy, crazy!!

edit on 3-4-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thoughts and Prayers are with everyone in that Tornado's path.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
near cigo ville west of it and the live stream just said its heading twords mobile home parks and a federal prison

and the 2nd one is east of dallas it seems one is heading that way or two more forming.....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's spring time in North Texas, this happens every year. No big deal, just a little weather blowin' through. I'm in Ft. Worth at the moment and the rain has stopped. Storms are now east of Dallas.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Quick update for Oklahoma people-

"Southern Oklahoma! Heads up, be ready for severe weather moving out of Texas! Tornadoes, large hail and damaging winds are possible. Ada, Ardmore, Kingston, Madill, Durant, Hugo, turn to a local TV station, turn weather radios on, and keep yourself aware."

Thats from Central OKLA storm chasers. Hope you are all well. Be safe

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This happens all the time this time of year.

Im a little bit north of Dallas, in the Denton area. I had school around 2pm, and then 5 minutes into class, the security guards came in telling us to take cover. Some people decided to leave right then, but most of us decided to wait a bit. I left around 2:45pm, along with everyone else. No hail, just alot of heavy rain.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here's a video that's been going around on some local tv stations

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I didn't see this live radar link posted yet.

National Weather Service for DFW

I just heard from my family down there. They are ok. Y'all still in the path of this thing, please be careful. Don't wait until it's to late. Better a bit embarrassed in a bathtub than up in a tree!
I just can't get over how big this thing is.

update:
Dallas police have just lost communication for the SW of town(Oak Cliff). They aren't sure which tower is down...

(info via myfoxdfw live chat/video)
edit on 4/3/12 by anniquity because: re-update of the update

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Tornado in Forney as well.

Quite a busy day for tornadoes here -- my family and I are all safe (as is the husband's family, who are all local) -- friends all seem to be fine. Watching the doppler radar is interesting.

Although this is a historic outbreak, it's really kind of "business as usual" for springtime in the Dallas area. Luckily, there seems to have been no loss of life yet. Cleanup from this one's going to be a mess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join