It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One million US women to wear hijab for Iraqi woman killed in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

One million US women to wear hijab for Iraqi woman killed in California

www.presstv.ir

One million non-Muslim women in the United States will be wearing hijabs in support of Shaima Alawadi, an Iraqi immigrant brutally killed at her home in March.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this news anywhere else? Where are these 1 million women going to meet, and what kind of hijab would it be, because any kind of outfit that covers your private parts of body is considered Hijab, unless it's Niqab which covers the whole body.

Any thoughts on this?
No racists comments, if you wish to do so, go to hell.

www.presstv.ir

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim

Has anyone seen this news anywhere else? Where are these 1 million women going to meet, and what kind of hijab would it be, because any kind of outfit that covers your private parts of body is considered Hijab, unless it's Niqab which covers the whole body.

Any thoughts on this?
No racists comments, if you wish to do so, go to hell.

www.presstv.ir
It's a Facebook thing. They aren't actually meeting anywhere and it seems they are wearing the scarf mainly.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Okay that's really lame, Facebook is terrible for protesting, even though many will notice it will most probably be a ´pass by´ and no one will care. Like on of those ´like if you agree´ thingies.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They'd all feel a bit silly if it turned out to be a Sharia-inspired honour killing disguised as a hate crime. Best wait for the investigation to conclude first.

Weren't a million people supposed to wear a hoodie for Treyvon Martin, too?

Continuing the theme maybe a million people should wear a smile for David James

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The hijab predates Islam all the way back to a few Assyrian texts. The Koran only requires that both men and women dress modestly. This whole thing is a cultural, not religious, tradition, most likely taken from the Byzantines. Back in those days, it was seen as a status symbol, with these women too precious to be looked upon by mere commoners, etc.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hopefully they get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich and maybe wear some clothes so their fat doesn't show. I think this is a step in the right direction for US women.

Wearing the Hijab is a good idea. Maybe we should force women to wear the Niqab as well while we are at it to appease the Muslims.
edit on 3-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Hopefully they get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich and maybe wear some clothes so their fat doesn't show. I think this is a step in the right direction for US women.

Wearing the Hijab is a good idea. Maybe we should force women to wear the Niqab as well while we are at it to appease the Muslims.

What an absurd, mysoginistic comment.

Let me guess: you were the guy who didn't date a lot in high school.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I didn't. I dropped out of High School because of the ignorance and idiocy and joined the Marine Corps , my ACT and ASVAB scores opened up one of the few slots in the Marine Corps that are available for GED students. However , this degree should make up nicely for my mistake of not putting up with the High School scene.

Forgive me for not getting drunk and having sex with every woman who presents herself. I guess that is to hard for you to understand ma'am.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I didn't. I dropped out of High School because of the ignorance and idiocy and joined the Marine Corps , my ACT and ASVAB scores opened up one of the few slots in the Marine Corps that are available for GED students. However , this degree should make up nicely for my mistake of not putting up with the High School scene.

Forgive me for not getting drunk and having sex with every woman who presents herself. I guess that is to hard for you to understand ma'am.

Okay, that made me laugh. Especially the ma'am part. Star for you.

No one is suggesting you get drunk and sleep around. But what's with the attitude towards women?
edit on 3-4-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It was Sarcasm.

Though i hope she really will make me a sandwich ... in the kitchen , but then she can come out

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Even after death this lady can't escape hate crimes.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yes , infact , while we`re at it , why dont we just move out of our countries and hand them over to muslims ..... worship muslims as masters , and be treat like slaves. Yeaaaahhh , honour killings in every street , muslims firing nukes around like nerf guns , wow the world would be ten times better than it would if we just .... didnt.

Seriously , how do these people come up with this sh##.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suffi
Even after death this lady can't escape hate crimes.

Who says her death was a hate crime?

It would be the first one where they left a note.

The hate crime stuff is a red herring planted by the real killer, who is close to the dead woman.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
...and what would they achieve by wearing that ?
Whats gone is gone, what should be taken seriously is the education of the matter. Honouring the dead is not a Muslim way I believe.

Wearing niqab, hijab or whatever in honour of the dead doesnt make things better,
its avoiding things to happen again is what matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

You may be right sir, if so I will eat my hat. But she will still suffer hate crimes on this site.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suffi
reply to post by AGWskeptic

You may be right sir, if so I will eat my hat.

Don't eat your hat, eat your hijab.

But she will still suffer hate crimes on this site.

I see no evidence of hate towards the victim.

Focus on the killer. One that not only leaves a calling card on the body but one that allegedly pins a threat to the door a week before the attack. What kind of killer pre-announces his or her intent? Why wasn't she quickly shot or stabbed? Beating to death with a tyre iron is slow and results in numerous wounds. Was that weapon chosen because the suffering endured would be similar to being stoned to death?

If the killer turns out to be an American red neck neo nazi then the hijab protest is valid. If it turns out to be a Muslim honour killing then start chewing on that cloth.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What will this actually achieve?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
RIP

& Mashallah! for the tribute.

Awareness, obviously they're making a statement (in memory/honor of this woman and the hate crime that took her life)

Land of the free, all men are created equal... or not?

Americans, make up your mind lest you be hypocrites- in apparently just about everything!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
They'd all feel a bit silly if it turned out to be a Sharia-inspired honour killing disguised as a hate crime. Best wait for the investigation to conclude first.

She died after being found beaten and lying in a pool of blood next to a note saying “go back to your country, you terrorist”.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join