It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America’s Cold Civil War

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

They whose ideals are progressive and lusting for monstrous government and heavy handed enforcers will resist the resistance from those who would refuse to acquiesce, but fortunately we still have a Constitution that greatly restrains what government can do to appease their sycophants, and what I know for a fact is that those who know the law...actual law not the legislative nonsense being passed off as law...will find many judges who would never dare break their oath of office and deny and disparage the rights of those individuals sharp enough to assert them in the manner that need be.

Thanks for your post!

I’m curious to see how you feel about this statement in June when the Supreme Court hands down its ruling on Obamacare.

I hope the Oath Keepers come through for this country!

edit on 3-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes that picture is from oakland
and this one.

These rioting morons broke into
city hall AND a YMCA!!!
Now OWS new york wanted
to distance themselves from
the whole thing but the thing
is WHAT GETS IT STARTED!
That would of not happen without
the spark.. No spark no fire, and OP
I think the commies are in THIS COUNTRY
THE USA pushing, fighting, sparking a cold war,
race war, and information war.
S AND F OP S AND F

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

As a Libertarian, I appreciate your freedom to choose.

As an older Libertarian (I'm 46), some of my harshness has mellowed and I feel empathy toward those that suffer. It would be nice if we weren't taxed to death for ridiculous crap and we all had more disposable income to give to local charities to help those in need.

I just fear that won't happen. Instead you will probably get reduction of services to those in need (via spending cuts) and they will keep piling taxes on to support the bureaucratic abomination that only serves the special interest groups, the corporate plutocracy and the military industrial machine.

Personally, as I said...I would prefer they go back to letting the states handle all citizen based issues...social, legal/criminal and infrastructure (this might be a problem in poorer states but they could petition for federal aid to repair bridges).

The Fed has just gotten waaay too big and powerful and the attack on the Constitution and the Bill of rights has gotten out of hand.

yes...BTW...I live in Maryland...voted today...Ron Paul. I know he will not get the nomination, but for me, my vote is my voice and I refuse to put my voice behind the others. I voted for RP in 2008 as well...I didn't like McCain and I disagree with everything democrat...well...except taking care of the elderly and infirm...until we are all given hearts, someone needs to look after them.

Just an old guy's opinion...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

You are no older than I. IMO, the apostle Paul said it best. "He who WILL NOT work shall not eat". If we were not so heavily taxed, we individuals could do more to help our neighbors that NEED it. Government redistribution of wealth is the absolute worst way to handle any social issues.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I believe in a cold war,but Not an American Cold Civil War though.

This man says it all. I totally believe America still controls its own destiny. We dont fight wars to "own" oil. We fight wars so other country's don't control it.

I suggest you listen to this Seabag. It will put things into perspective.

S&F
edit on 3-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Great op. But what will you do with that knowledge, now that you have it?

I have beat my head against he wall of tyranny for the majority of my productive life. Seeing my twilight years advancing on me has given me an insight that I lacked in my younger days: in the end, ideology will not feed you. Thus, i have tired of banging my head against that wall (for the time being), and choose to secure food for tomorrow. The upside, I have seriously expanded my firearms and ammo stocks. And taught my 14 year old to shoot straighter than anyone I know.

And that is the whole point behind all our failures: we are not keeping it simple, remembering basics. It is easy to hear words said on a television, and nod with approval. It is much harder to actually think about what was said, evaluate, and determine worthiness. Until people can start to think for themselves again, and discern logic and reason from madness, nothing will change.

Tyranny has protected itself with the bodies of millions of idiots who would rather support group think instead of the thrill of independant thought. Idiots who find more comfort in the security of an oppressive father figure instead of the pure joy of independence and intelligently guided actions. Statistically speaking, it is entirely likely that whoever reads this post is one of those idiots, except that ATS tends to provide for a more independent thinker.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks!

I will continue to do what I’ve been doing for the past several years. I will peaceful work to create the changes in our government that I believe we need. I will continue to be vocal and active in my community. I will continue to campaign for people I want in office. I will continue to inform people about what I believe is going on (good and bad).

I will continue to move forward…that’s all I can do.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Thanks!

I will continue to do what I’ve been doing for the past several years. I will peaceful work to create the changes in our government that I believe we need. I will continue to be vocal and active in my community. I will continue to campaign for people I want in office. I will continue to inform people about what I believe is going on (good and bad).

I will continue to move forward…that’s all I can do.

Before you do that, remember our government is a machine. The mechanisms are designed to work no matter what you do. The only way to change the machine is to first stop it. To stop it, it has to be broken and then reassembled.

Campaigning for office is simply feeding more fuel to this machine.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Machines can be modified to work differently…

If you put the right parts in place the performance will change IMO. You can’t say that the system has NEVER worked. We go through good times and bad times based on the decisions made in Washington and the confidence the free market has in those decisions. Things can change rather quickly (positively or negatively) based on the people in office and the decisions being made.

The economy took its biggest nose dive in November of 2008. What happened that month? Obama was elected and the market reacted before he ever touched a pen. It’s been all downhill since his pen began moving.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The premise for the next civil war is really easy to see.Look at it this way. The unemployment levels have been out of control. Who thinks this is ever going to get better? Not me, not with the current system. I love how some call it wealth redistribution, yet people miss that it's really wealth hoarding that's the issue. Look at how many billionaires there are. How many do you think there are? Forbes reported around 1200 last year. That's 1200 people that have more money than they could ever spend. Now, how many people live under poverty level in the U.S. alone? 46.2 million! Yeah you read that right. Here's the source.Source I see two main sources for this. One is inflation, and the other is technology cutting into the jobs sector. Yeah you can say it's job outsourcing all you want. The fact of the matter is those jobs are never coming back. Give it 5-10 years and those people in Asia are going to start to really feel the diminishing employment market as well. Technology is just advancing faster than our monetary and economic policies can handle. That very well may be the idea of Agenda 21 or depopulation or whatever you want to call it. You're seeing fewer and fewer jobs, all the while everything is costing more and more. Now onto the premise of a possible civil war. People are starting to recognize the economic disparity between the upper and lower classes. Forget the 8%-9% unemployment numbers, those are nonsense. It's more than likely somewhere between 15%-25%. Can we really get an accurate number of the unemployed in the U.S. Think about that number for a minute. It's very possible that 1of4 people are unemployed, with dwindling hope of being employed in the future. I call that a borderline crisis. How do you really fix that? I'm asking an honest question.Now what happens if there ends up being another financial crisis ala 2008? You would end up having situation go from bad to terrible in a matter of weeks. It doesn't have to originate in North America either. The American, European, and Asian Economies are all tied together. One failure could very well start a domino effect. Greece may be a important place to keep an eye on for a while. I don't think people really get how fragile the situation is. Point is, I'm not seeing anyone really fixing these issues. All they're doing is throwing money at it, like they're just trying to buy time, or they're hoping it auto corrects. If they cant get on top of the issues of inflation and technology you're going to see wealth disparity get bigger and bigger until there is a breaking point. That breaking point isn't going to care whether some want it or not. Or whether you want it to be peaceful or not. I'm not saying I have all the answers, on the contrary I have more questions than answers. What I am seeing though is the United Stated needs some innovative idealistic leaders to fix these issues. But all I'm seeing are a bunch of rich old men tied to their archaic ideas and money. Self preservation is important to them now, not the preservation of the freedoms and quality of life they've been charged to uphold and defend. They know civil unrest is coming for these very reasons. And that's why I think these laws are being pushed through. They see the writing on the wall, and they're bracing for it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If things change that quickly based on who is in office, it is an artifact more of monetary/corporate interests imposing their will via a divide and conquer strategy.

"Let me control a nations money, and I care not who makes its rules".

NEVER forget how influential wealth can be. Every single decision that is made in DC is made with wealth (or power, which leads to wealth) at its center. Even if the spin on the news talks about how good that decision will be for you, that is more an aspect of control (people will balk at being told, even when they can be sold on an idea. You have to sell the idea first, and if they don't buy you cannot easily force it on individuals only. You have to force it on a group, and allow groupthink to mitigate the risk of rejection).

Our (and every other government in the world) government runs off of tried and true Nazi propaganda tactics. Truth is not a reality, it is a perception. If they control the perception, they control the reality.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Your best bet is to find independence. If there is another collapse, the only currency that I KNOW I can count on is copper and lead.

As such, I prefer to prepare for the worst, yet hope for the best. Hope is not a strategy, so don't rely on hope as a plan of action. Buy guns, buy ammo, and play along with the system until the system is no longer able to support itself. But if you don't prepare to defend your own food pantry, when that system no longer supports itself you will be one of the "have nots".

And never forget, all the "crisis" you refer to are merely manufactured to be cattle prods. If they can't sell you on the idea at first, then a crisis can be engineered to convince you. "Shock and Awe" works on the American psyche as well as the Iraqi. Only it usually doesn't require bombs to shock and awe us. Normally all they have to do is manipulate oil above $120 a barrel, or put out some news that drops stock values by 5%.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Stack'em up like cordwood

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by GD21D

And never forget, all the "crisis" you refer to are merely manufactured to be cattle prods. If they can't sell you on the idea at first, then a crisis can be engineered to convince you. "Shock and Awe" works on the American psyche as well as the Iraqi. Only it usually doesn't require bombs to shock and awe us. Normally all they have to do is manipulate oil above $120 a barrel, or put out some news that drops stock values by 5%.
Oh yeah, undoubtedly. It's the practice of create a problem, present a solution. If you psychologically strain the masses enough they will beg for a fix, no matter what the cost.Although I do agree that much of what is done is manufactured, I'm starting to think the ones in power see the economic system of FIAT currency as a runaway train. It's going to crash and burn. It's not a question of if, but when. The only thing I haven't been able to wrap my head around is why they didn't start measures to change it when they realized it. Is the system too far entrenched? Would any significant change have shocked the system too much? Was it just a case of mass corruption and wealth grabbing that the ones who could/can of made a change were just too busy accumulating what they could/can? I'm sure they knew this was coming. The real questions are when did they realize it, and why didn't they get on top of the issues when they did?It's interesting to think about how this time period is going to be remembered in 100-200 years. I don't think it's going to look favorably upon the leaders of today. In my opinion the majority will be remembered as either weak or corrupt.
edit on 4-4-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

i think you are right. they will be considered corrupt....unless they win and get to write their history.

History is part of that spin mechanism.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I wish this matter could be settled peacefully, but the chances of this happening without a total paradigm shift in the entire country, if not the world, are slim.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As long as Uncle O rules this country we can't survive,,,,it's pretty obvious we need to elect a real leader,not a ruler

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Any protest can be hijacked and turned violent by an undercover agent. For example, OWS decides to march peacefully. The cops hear of this so they assign a young undercover cop to dress down like a protester and instigate violence. Result? The media portrays the protest as violent and cops "retaliate."

There really is no way to protest in a civilized manner. The point of protest is civil disobedience, but when a group hosts an open rally you can bet those who oppose it will send shills in to stir up a mess.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
"
What say you? Do you believe we are in a cold war? Do you believe we can accomplish our objectives and end this cold war in a peaceful manner? "

Yes. I believe that's what's going on. Peaceful? Well no, I decided a few years ago the stake in it are worth more than my life and made the commitment, but its only looking worse and worse. I feel a sense of DOOM - for my nation and 99% of us along with it. If I escape the death scenario it won't be from 'prepping' - it will be God's protection.

And career wise, its become more and more an era of prohibition of science with population reduction and speech prohibition. But I've not shut up. It might cost me my life like Jesus too. But if it does it was worth it. My family/friends know their risks knowing me so they're sure to dismiss me as just an idiot. But I know where the truth is. Want to laugh at me? Good, you'll pay. No, well wow! just wow! I'm not used to that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join