It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Christians lie about Jesus Resurrection? Jesus did not die by Crucifiction!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
reply to post by Lionhearte

Perhaps you don't need to comment until you read the logic of the "Crucifiction" and how Long Jesus was nailed to the tree.

Most of the world of the higher educated don't by the fairy tale of Jesus died for our sins, or other gilt trips that organized religion invented along the way to get buy-in from people that appear to only be able to read one book and keep blinders on about all others.

Reading one book does not suddenly make a persons knowledgable or educated. The only miracle there is making people thing that they suddenly become informed.

Using one book for citations is pretty much looked down upon, when there is an aboundance of other works that don't support the Empire building political idea built into the Bible Narratives. imho

Well, aside from all the grammatical errors, there's this one little part (which I will highlight here) which stood out the most, to me..

Most of the world of the higher educated don't by the fairy tale of Jesus died for our sins, or other gilt trips that organized religion invented along the way to get buy-in from people that appear to only be able to read one book and keep blinders on about all others.

This proves you have never understood what the Bible teaches, and have only heard about RELIGION corrupting people to support your ridiculous theories.

It's really a shame if this is true - which it seems it is, because if you knew what it was ALL about, you wouldn't be saying these things. See my thread in my signature for clarification, if you want.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
LMAO. Just how did christians lie about Christ's crucifixtion? Even the jewish Talmud remarks that he was nailed to a tree. So both the bibles Old and New Testaments that prophecied his crucifixtion, and the Talmud are all lying? Now that's quite a contradiction because orthodox jews deny Jesus is the Messiah, yet they can seem to come to an agreement with christians that he was in fact crucified?

I think you're just desperately grasping at straws so that you can continue to stick your head in the sand and keep pretending your way is the right way.

I bet you think Jesus was palestinian too, when Arab palestine hadn't existed until 135 A.D., a full 102 years after the crucifixtion and ascension of Christ.

edit on 3-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Lets see. The Definition is:

=======

en.wikipedia.org...

Crucifixion is an ancient method of deliberately painful execution in which the condemned person is tied or nailed to a large wooden cross and left to hang until dead.

=======

The Opening Posting considers that Jesus was nailed to a Tree and did not die because he was taken down early because it only appeared that he died. He either passed out or they gave him a drug to knock him out so it would appear that he was dead. But, he was alive when taken down after such a short time and patched up by Joseph in the tomb. The PDF lists many references to this theme that Jesus survived the trauma, didn't die, and there was not a miracle resurrection. Jesus didn't get some miracle that made him into god.

The exaggerations of the Disciples sheep dipping Jesus into some miracle started the theme for making Jesus into Nimrod and Pagan themes.

Anyone would take note that Crucifixion is considered an execution to death, but the OP speaks to the issue that it did not get to that point. Thus, no Crucifixion happened as it requres death to meet the definition. There was an attempt, but a very insincere attempt that fell days short.

Issues of how long it takes people to die via this method come into the logical thinking issues. Ah yes, that Critical Thinking that seems to allude you, as you don't speak to the OP's pdf logical presentation. Issues like Jesus did not have broken legs. He did not hang up that long a time. The opening PDF makes a good presentation. Others survived the process. Lots of good points in the PDF that you attempt to overlook and mislead with your replies.

It appears that you can't read or comprehind those highly intelligent critical thinking observations that make up the root for this discussion's OP.

I wonder why? Another person trying to make Jesus into a false idol !! Jesus can't be god.

edit on 3-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Reading other books is fundamental, especially reading the OP's PDF

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

The Opening Posting considers that Jesus was nailed to a Cross and did not die because he was taken down early because it only appeared that he died. He either passed out or the gave him a drug to knock him out so it would appear that he was dead.

LOL. You're missing one major piece. The Roman soldiers were the ancient world's version of the green berets, they knew where to stab you to ensure you died, just incase you managed to survive being killed, or crucified. Not to mention Jesus was stabbed in the side and blood and water came out, and blood only turns to water in someone who has been dead a while. Lastly, jews had to be buried the same day they died, there was no ifs ands or buts about that. Not to mention he was crucified on the eve of Passover, so the gaurds had to ensure he was dead in time for him to be buried so that Passover wouldn't be defiled.

You can make all the arguements you want, but you know nothing about ancient jewish burial rites, least of all when it comes to the High Sabbaths.

Not to mention, being nailed to a cross is a horrorific ordeal, your body weight dragging you down and every breath is a literal struggle, most people die in 45 minutes from asphyxiation.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by manna2

oh wise and noble sage,it would have been better if you spelled the christ's name properly
Yehoshua ben josif. ---joshua son of joseph.
'nothing is hidden that will not be made known,or secret that will not come to light.
what i tell you in the dark speak in the light.
and what you hear in a whisper,proclaim on the house tops'.
jesus the 'christ'

not preachin just teachin!

He came in His Fathers name, Yah. He did not come in Josephs name.
He is the Son of Yah. Yashayah. Yeshua (I will be savior) is inadequate for a living savior who has completed His work of salvation
The name means "I Am Savior" He came from I AM Yasha-Yah
You don't learn easily.
"Pride goeth before destruction"
You teach falsely
Jesus is a very poor translation from Hebrew to Greek to english.
There is no "J" sound in Hebrew.
You are a poor teacher and certainly not preachin to any audience, correct.

But you are correct, it is Yashayah, I added an h where it didn't belong.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Resurrection should never have been part of Christian doctrine.

Too late to back down now...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by Iason321

Yes but he was speaking as God, not the man.

I say similar things but you don't get it. I am sorry.

I AM

Some day you will look inside and KNOW God. Until then keep worshiping Idols..
Jesus tells me that is the Way. haha

Ahh, yes, worship self, ye can be as the gods...

Where was it I heard that before, was it a Johnny Cash lyric?

Hmmm, don't worry, it'll come to me...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Well, in answer, the Christians didn't lie, there were no Christians then. Just Essenes and Hebrews.

This is actually true. Believers were first called "Christians" at Antioch. It was meant to be a derogatory name but they stole it as a badge of honor.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExShill

Without the resurrection there is no Christianity today.

Good job Mr. Obvious.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The Opening Posting considers that Jesus was nailed to a Cross and did not die because he was taken down early because it only appeared that he died. He either passed out or the gave him a drug to knock him out so it would appear that he was dead.

LOL. You're missing one major piece. The Roman soldiers were the ancient world's version of the green berets, they knew where to stab you to ensure you died, just incase you managed to survive being killed, or crucified. Not to mention Jesus was stabbed in the side and blood and water came out, and blood only turns to water in someone who has been dead a while. Lastly, jews had to be buried the same day they died, there was no ifs ands or buts about that. Not to mention he was crucified on the eve of Passover, so the gaurds had to ensure he was dead in time for him to be buried so that Passover wouldn't be defiled.

You can make all the arguements you want, but you know nothing about ancient jewish burial rites, least of all when it comes to the High Sabbaths.

Not to mention, being nailed to a cross is a horrorific ordeal, your body weight dragging you down and every breath is a literal struggle, most people die in 45 minutes from asphyxiation.

The water came from the pericardial and pleural effusions from the scourging and subsequent asphyxiation.

This is all detailed in a report made by the AMA. But what do doctors know right?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yes but he was speaking as God, not the man.

I say similar things but you don't get it. I am sorry.

I AM

Some day you will look inside and KNOW God. Until then keep worshiping Idols..
Jesus tells me that is the Way. haha

Ahh, yes, worship self, ye can be as the gods...

Where was it I heard that before, was it a Johnny Cash lyric?

Hmmm, don't worry, it'll come to me...

I AM but I am also too. I is not the man of flesh. I is I AM. I IS Not saying Dustytoad is God. You don't get it because you don't walk with god. It's not about the self, if you read any of my posts you will find me to be a deeply careing human being who has talked with Jesus and who found god.

God is much bigger than your little head, and yet God is also within.

As far as Johny cash he had some cool music, but I only really know a couple songs, and not whatever you are referring to.

It was Jesus who told me we would perform miracles greater than he, not myself.

I AM God is not a selfish thing to say. We Are All One. Yah.., ya?

TO LoneWolf:

earlier I said I don't think he ever died, but something about your post made me reconsider that. I do think he was crucified and died that way. He is still to this day very much living though. Anyway I now have the urge to say something I don't think I have ever revealed.

I havn't said it because I don't know if we are supposed to focus on the image, but here we go. When I saw him he looked much different from many of the images. He looked almost exactly how the shroud of turin looks. This is probably what allowed me to be convinced that you were right. I think he was enlightened through the shroud.

"Enlightened, through the shroud" should be a book title by the way.

edit on 4/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Some of that weird Grammer above is on purpous.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

you are posting against the T and C buddy. Not recommended. I do not do such things if you are so insinuating.

Ask god what it means. or ARE you just a typical christian?

Simply put: I am not my body. good?

Second link in your sig:

"Did Jesus really claim to be God, or is that belief a misunderstanding of his words? Some words Jesus spoke reflect his humility as a servant and his limitations as a man. However, on other occasions Jesus made claims that only God could make."

and

"But what did Jesus Christ said say about himself? What did Jesus mean by the terms, “Son of Man,” and “Son of God?” If Jesus wasn’t God, why did his enemies accuse him of “blasphemy?” More importantly, if Jesus wasn’t God, why did he accept worship?

Don't you see.?
Don't you understand the motives behind the confusion of who Jesus IS and who you ARE??

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Since Islam came into existence nearly six centuries after Christ died, I would hardly think any account they proposed was contemporary or accurate. Especially not one first published in the US 1n the 1940's.

I am happy to read the most contemporary accounts which all seem to disagree with the OP's thesis.

It is interesting to note that Paul mentioned that people with the spirit of antichrist would deny Jesus physical death, burial and resurrection.

Even the non-Christian historian Josephus mentions that Jesus was called The Christ in his books "Antiquities of the Jews". Perhaps the most remarkable quote was the one where he (Josephus) describes how Jesus was the Christ and had appeared alive to his followers on the third day. (Sorry the cut & paste on this computer has stopped working for some reason). Look up "Josephus on Jesus" in Wikipedia if you want sources.

This was hundreds of years before the council of Nicea, for those who seem to think Christianity grew from there, instead of out of Jerusalem 325 years earlier.

edit on 4/4/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

That was my point. I am god by the way...

and what a puny god you are.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExShill

Most insightful !!

It appears the Christians are well in over their heads with the untruth, as most of the world doesn't buy their jibber-jabber, not even the Masons, not the Islamics, and the biggest portion of the world. But then, the rest of the world reads lots of other books and don't think they know everything by reading one little politically contrived book.

The Masons appear connected with putting the Masonic Symbols on the George Washington Dollar Bill to remind America of what the Mason discovered per Jesus. The Pyramid Symbol on the back has 13 steps to the enligtenments of learning with the last step being the 14th for the big picture. It is about the issues of Jesus and the Catholic's Stations of the Cross. There are two ways for the last step, and one is the Renesses Le Chateau version with Joesph taking a live Jesus out of the tomb and the other way is that Jesus was resurrected. The Masons take the first way as the truth, and there was no resurrection.

That symbol is on the back of the Dollar to be used to confront the lies of organized Christianty that took the wrong road that even now threatens the US due to the massive untruth problems in religion. imho

edit on 4-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Faked Miracles

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

It was because of the Crucifixion of Jesus that the emperor of Rome started Christianity! He got the news Jesus had risen from the grave, swore that world had royally screwed up and said never again to his people.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I was created in his image. A hologram of the most high. I am no body. I AM Forever.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

you are posting against the T and C buddy. Not recommended.

So is "mini-modding" within a thread.

F.Y.I. since you're the new kid on the block, no worries.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I was created in his image. A hologram of the most high. I am no body. I AM Forever.

What you are and what you may become are two different things.

I am a sinful failure who has been grafted into the vine, a son, adopted into God's family. Not through anything I have done and not because I deserved it, but because God loved me to death. The promised eternal future is NOT just more of this wretched existence extended. It may well appear to be being "God like" to our current understanding but it doesn't make us "the God" in whose plan we will ascend.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join