It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Unusual Weather Patterns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi folks. Well it's been a while since my original thread regarding current weather patterns, which can be found here - What is going on with the weather??? and the more recent one, which can be found here - Weather seems to be 2-3 months off cycle, so I thought I'd give everyone an update since there seems to be quite a bit of interest in this topic (thanks to everyone who participated and provided information in the previous threads).

After some incredibly warm weather here in the Northeasternern part of the US during the early and middle parts of March (highs reached 70's and localized 80's in some areas), things seem to be cooling down over the last week to more seasonal temperatures. With that said, the old adage, the month of March "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb", certainly didn't apply this year.

Needless to say, this has continued to wreak havoc on the local ecosystem for both man and nature alike not knowing what's up or down. Trees and flowers blooming early, bees dazedly buzzing around in a comatose fashion after being repeatedly awakened from their winter slumber and people uncertain about what's going to happen from one day to the next. Similarly to the beginning of the year, the weather for March proved to remain unpredictable, mostly unseasonal and in some cases, extremely chaotic and devastating (thoughts and prayers go out to those affected worldwide by the unusual cycle of tornadoes and other disastrous weather events).

In the interest of keeping each other informed and aware of what's going on outside our own little parts of the world, I thought I'd provide an update on what I've been experiencing and see if some/most of us are still seeing similar weather patterns. I'll try to compile a summary in a week or so, depending on how many respond and what specifics you provide, but for the New York City area (New York, NY), these are the average temperatures for the past week, info compiled via data extrapolated from the Weather Almanac and History section located at wunderground.com reflecting actual temperatures versus the mean average historical temps for the specified date (high/low/mean):

03.26.2012 - Actual 54/34/44F and Mean average 53/38/46F
03.27.2012 - Actual 51/30/41F and Mean average 54/38/46F
03.28.2012 - Actual 67/44/56F and Mean average 54/39/46F
03.29.2012 - Actual 61/43/52F and Mean average 54/39/47F
03.30.2012 - Actual 57/40/49F and Mean average 55/39/47F
03.31.2012 - Actual 43/38/41F and Mean average 55/40/48F

Again, this is a return to somewhat seasonal temps after an unusually warm beginning and middle of the month.

Will the weather continue to equalize or are we in for an extremely hot (or cold) summer as some have hypothesized? What do you think, ATS?

Let me know what the weather has been like during March in your part of the globe and if we can compile enough data on a monthly basis, I'll post a monthly comparison in both Fahrenheit and Celcius (and an End of the Year Summary/Comparison if there is enough input and interest). Cheers!

Timidgal

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
La nina

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...
edit on 3-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Was in the mid 80's all last week. On Sunday it was 91 degrees,then it snowed here last night, (Monday night), just enough to turn the grass white, was 33 degrees at noon today, and supposed to maybe snow again tonight possibly up to an inch.

Normal temps are mid 50's in March and mid 60's in April.

Looks like we're going from one extreme to the other right now!
edit on 3-4-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am posting here now, but would like to join in at another time. I liked the Op but am going to try and catch a few winks...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If this site is any indicator, the end is nigh.

Reality is that there are peaks and valleys with everything. Everytime there's a record high temp somewhere, normal people don't immediately jump to the conclusion that the sun is about to wipe out the grid.

There have been unseasonably warm winteres, and there have been dreadfully cold winters in recent years, let alone since record-keeping has been active. This just happens to be a warm one.

Quit getting hysterical, ATS.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

I hear what you are saying....and I agree to a point.

But the weather here in the UK has been absolutely crazy these last few weeks.....Aberdeenshire recorded temps of 24c 7 days ago, people were sitting outside and sunbathing.....today......7 inches of snow

Which ever way you look at it, the weather has been behaving strangely to say the least!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Firstly, thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. It would appear that interest in this topic has waned so I'll turn my focus to other matters.

I want to clarify to ColAngus that there was no fear-mongering going on here as he/she has suggested; merely comparative conversation, which has been ongoing for several months between posters interested in what others were experiencing around the globe. You have the right to your own opinion, but not everyone on ATS sees a conspiracy in every topic.

As for everyone else, those who found interest in sharing their experience, I again thank you for your current or past participation and if interest should pick up, so will the thread. Until such a time, I'll see everyone around the forums.

Best,
Timidgal

top topics

join