It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The IAEA has confirmed almost two dozen incidents of theft or loss of nuclear materials."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It seems the IAEA has told us what most western media will not, that there is a lot of nuclear material out there and no one has any idea where it is. The nuclear security summit that just happened was suppose to put more safeguards in place to watch this stuff but it appears unlikely. We care more about terrorists who could kill a few hundred than ones who could kill millions. Sad:

the-diplomat.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the governments encourage terrorists who have nukes so that they can keep the population scared and spend money money money on security...

it's a classic "problem, reaction, solution" situation...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This has suspicion written all over it. I'm not necessarily questioning the validity of the website, but the "confirmation" itself, because after all.. one does not simply steal Nuclear materials.

CX

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Now that they've put this news out there, i wonder if any will just happen to be found in Iran sometime soon, or used by "Iranian terrorists? Would be a lot easier to justify certain actions, considering that it's been pretty much said that Iran are not building a bomb.

Stranger things have happened.

CX.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

makes sense... like a setup of sorts... hmmmm

but they've had many other chances to use previous "setups" to "justify" their willingness to invade... Iraq turned out to bite them in the ass and people are much more skeptical now of the validity of information given to them...

I think they need to stage another Tonkin incident for the US to follow Israel... It's coming soon, don't worry...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It is good to hear what finally came out of the meeting there

Sounds like a realistic assessment of the situation. There is a desire and trend from the greater countries to get this nuclear issue under control. The smaller countries are still developing but have not got all the infrastructure in place to effectively manage all the supply chain issues. Unregulated trade will always be an issue while self determination remains. Better cohesion in banking, accounting and regulation will help limit and track dangerous transactions as well as provide stronger relations between all countries.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I can honestly say that i am beyond the point of even caring anymore , lets face it , our countries have too many nukes , theyre bullying people allover the globe using nukes as muscle and its just a matter of time before we are either attacked by a foreign power , or our own governments start nuking us and pointing fingers abroad for another un justified war.

Nuke me , i dont care , when i`m gone i`m gone , i`ll be glad to get away from currency and religion.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

But in order for it to be a cohesive system, many freedoms must be given up. Freedoms you and I and most Americans take for granted. Are you ready or willing to exchange freedom for security? And exactly what kind of security will they provide? Protection from themselves?

Doubtful.

If you're not American, and don't have many of the freedoms of our country, then I can completely understand why this system would appeal. One less threat to worry about looming. However, when all is said and done, i'd rather face death than be a slave.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Etarson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Etarson

There have been many freedoms on the decline over the years and more so as population density increases. This is so clear customs and safe ways of interacting can be established in the population, speeding laws as one example. There are also many new opportunities grow and develop as the combined forces of labour can produce and do many things. For the best definitions of where to draw the line between rights, freedoms and security two good documents are:

Universal Declaration of Human Rights www.un.org...
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights www.hrweb.org...

When the top 8 - 20 nations can decide on an issue, there is a lot of power there.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

one does not simply steal Nuclear materials.

How little you know!

I can say no more than that.

top topics

join