It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still dont understand the point of rioting after a big game....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
There is no real point to a riot at all,for any reason other than to let animals play...a few picked riflemen on rooftops and maybe 50 shots at most and any riot will break up..JMO

The cops should have pulled out the rubber bullets to break up the crowds.... What bothers me the most is that the rioters were throwing rocks and bottles at the fireman who were trying to put out the fires that these idiots caused...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well first to be fair, have you honest WATCHED a soccer game? I can full understand the need to burn down several city blocks afterward

But sadly we males have been victims of a culture where we can't be ourselves, constant castrations of on form or another, so we get worked up and riot when our team wins.

Sadly this IS the true excuse and I wish it would change, where are these passions when the government takes our rights? or when we're taxed to death and there or NO JOBS for young people? Truely the romans were right!

Bread and Circus while the empire crumbles, keep the people in order.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by michaelbrux

Hey Michael, I'm from Illinois too (tinley park)....Could you imagine how crazy Chicago would get if the Cubs ever won a world series??? I'm scared to think of the riot that would follow....

Yes that would be a riot 100+ years in the making! You must remember the rioting which did occur after the Bulls won a championship in the 90's?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Wow, thanks for responding to my post :/ Why did you choose to insult me rather than respond to ANYTHING I had to say? You called me a pseudo-intellectual! What kind of insult is that even?

I like how many random assumptions and horribly laid out non sequiturs you used in your post. It's "real" intellectually responsible, you f*ckin' arrogant internet genius. All you did was try to make points that you DID NOT finish and insult me. I was simply raising the point that riots are just as senseless as sports when you break it down... Just because I have a different opinion than you, it does not make me wrong, nor does it give you the justification to insult me.

I really used to like your posts on this site. Now I can see you're just another close-minded, deluded internet douche (not an insult, I have your post to back me up). Have fun with the Midwest, buddy.
edit on 4-4-2012 by UnivoxSuperfuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't understand this either. I know people love their sports but rioting just doesn't make sense.

Why we sing the national anthem at sporting events is a mystery to me also.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join