It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still dont understand the point of rioting after a big game....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UnivoxSuperfuzz

your avatar should be one of the three stooges, Moe perhaps, not Spock. I know you believe that what you said is profound and you'll probably receive some stars from people who seek to amplify the delusion you possess of having insight.

i was reading the wikipedia entry about what is a Jayhawk...long story short, they claim a tradition dating back to abolitionist movement in Kansas...they are blamed for more than a few crimes against the neighbors in Missouri which was a slave holding state.

on second thought...this is pointless to explain...many of you have decided to have nothing but contempt for other human beings and their way of life and what they consider important...even to the point of claiming the hate shown for others belongs to them.

when is the next big game? fans should riot after their team wins just to show contempt for what some of you call important. then it becomes a form of political expression, not senseless violence.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

the combined population of of Kansas and Kentucky is about 7 Million.

CBS says 20 Million tuned in for the game. Most people are rooting for the game itself and that it's being played...the reward is entertainment...

what strange is the number of people in America that hate the place but won't just move somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
and another thing:

why do you care if property was lost due to rioting and it wasn't your property?

how is that different from rooting for a team you don't play for?

hypocrisy is what that's generally called.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Why do animals riot when their team wins a title?? Honestly, what's the point? I'll never understand why loads of fans will take to the streets to destroy their town...

Fixed.

And I believe you answered your own question as a result.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

why do you care if property was lost due to rioting and it wasn't your property?

It depends on if people are destroying their own personal property, if so I do not care. If it is city property I do care, my tax dollars have to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

It depends on if people are destroying their own personal property, if so I do not care. If it is city property I do care, my tax dollars have to pay for it.

It'd be nice if the university paid for it since theyre raking in money hand over fist with the slave-labor of collegiate athletes.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

most states have to borrow far above what tax payers contribute...unless you own government securities and can say you actually finance the local or state government operations...i don't care about the pittance you give up in taxes and get back at the end of the year.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

It'd be nice if the university paid for it since theyre raking in money hand over fist with the slave-labor of collegiate athletes.

Better yet, the university as a whole needs to take the proceeds of the Athletic department and put what the sports teams do not need to function into the campus coffers. Maybe people would be able to get more raises and tuition could be kept as low as possible. This athletic department rakes in mega bucks and as a department is 100% self sufficient, needing no funding from the rest of campus.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

most states have to borrow far above what tax payers contribute...unless you own government securities and can say you actually finance the local or state government operations...i don't care about the pittance you give up in taxes and get back at the end of the year.

Sorry, but I am done with you man.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

you call it slave labor.

are you the very same type of person that places collegiate sports programs under investigation and imposes sanctions when it is discovered that a players mom got a new car and house for her son agreeing to attend their school and play sports for them?

it must be an exciting world to live in where you continually manipulate issues to destroy human beings.

does a job like that come with a good retirement plan?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Better yet, the university as a whole needs to take the proceeds of the Athletic department and put what the sports teams do not need to function into the campus coffers. Maybe people would be able to get more raises and tuition could be kept as low as possible. This athletic department rakes in mega bucks and as a department is 100% self sufficient, needing no funding from the rest of campus.

Amazing. An answer to the plight of the student loan bubble and the high-cost education right in front of their faces.

Can't do that though. The last thing anyone would want is a workable solution to a problem.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

i bet you are...you have a great job at the University of Kentucky and hate the place and the people...its just a way to get some money for you.

i'd be done with a person like myself to if I were you...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yeah, go figure.

I mean...oh nevermind. I do not have to explain it to you, you get it.
How do we get these chuckleheads here to recognize that.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Wouldnt that be antithetical to the slave-labor claim?

If the NCAA was honest about what its doing there'd be no need to scrutinize gifts.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

what the NCAA is doing? you mean producing something Americans are interested in? building something as opposed to attempting to destroy something?

is that what the NCAA is doing?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If the NCAA was honest about what its doing there'd be no need to scrutinize gifts.

Like the illusion that the players will all be superstars?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If coaches, administrators and commentators are not interested in taking a vow of poverty, then athletes’ families should not have to do so either. The notion that an administrator or coach deserves to be fairly compensated while the individual doing the work does not is nothing more than the same second class citizenship that African Americans have faced for the last 400 years – simply asking for equality is out of the question.
link

More than a century of treating student athletes like indentured servants is finally catching up with the NCAA.
link

If anything, the rule book supporting the bogus concept of “amateur athletics” is akin to the laws that supported Jim Crow, denied women suffrage and upheld slavery.
link

For all the outrage, the real scandal is not that students are getting illegally paid or recruited, it’s that two of the noble principles on which the NCAA justifies its existence—“amateurism” and the “student-athlete”—are cynical hoaxes, legalistic confections propagated by the universities so they can exploit the skills and fame of young athletes. The tragedy at the heart of college sports is not that some college athletes are getting paid, but that more of them are not.
link

If, as you claimed earlier, we all participate in the teams success then we must all be participating in this farce of "amateurism" as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

no such illusion exists among athletes. each and every athlete is told as children in very clear words that most likely they WILL NOT become professional sports stars. just like soldiers are told they will probably NOT see actual combat.

the ones that even make it to a college team receive scholarships and in many ways have privileged experiences much different from the rest of the student body.

its almost as if you don't even live in this country and know absolutely nothing about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I realize that you all are having an indepth conversation here, but I would just like to interject for a moment.

I have lived in Kentucky my entire life, I have never drank "moonshine". I do, on occasion, enjoy a nice snifter of warm Grand Marnier, neat of course. It is ridiculous that people still believe that everyone in Kentucky walks around bare foot, drinking moonshine and acting like cave people around a bon fire.

It is shameful the way our fans behaved when UK won the championship, but it can be explained easily, "mob mentality". Look it up. Often times when people are in a situation of high emotion, either angry or jubilant, there emotions get away with them and they find that they do things that they would normally never do. The more people that are involved, the further things can get out of control.

To the poster that works at the University of Kentuckuy: If this state "sucks" so bad, leave!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There is no real point to a riot at all,for any reason other than to let animals play...a few picked riflemen on rooftops and maybe 50 shots at most and any riot will break up..JMO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join