It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets talk about gasoline prices AGAIN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Often now President Osama Obama tells the American people and the world that more drilling for oil would not change the prices at the pump. Well I see what he is saying by tongue tying his words to a politically correct statement with regard to legal mumbo jumbo.

Again Mr President, how is it that George Bush opened the drilling moratorium in the gulf of Mexico and oil price per Bbl dropped $100 and pump prices fell to $1.50 in Sept 2008
edit on 3-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Gas prices went up when that whole Libya things was happening, and prices haven't stopped rising ever since. It'll be well over $4 per gallon this summer... abiotic oil, which is not a fossil fuel.

Maybe this summer's OWS round 2 should sit on the ground and chant harder than last year. That'll show them!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What is there to talk about, really?

Birds fly, fish swim, and gas prices go up. Consequentially, so does everything else.

It's a fact of life in America today. While I think solar and nuclear/cold fusion/molten salt reactors are the way to go long term, there is no escaping that petroleum powers our economy today. Market pricing will follow its lead, and we're merely along for the ride!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Gas prices at the pump going up as the result of crude oil going up is a clear example of price gouging and preying on the ignorance of the masses.

Crude oil per barrel has no correlation with current gas prices; those barrels of crude oil don't hit the market until they are refined. The entire process takes about 3 months. This means that the price of crude oil per barrel should not impact prices at the pump for three months. Unfortunately, many people are ignorant of this fact and think that the current price of crude oil is directly linked to the current price of oil at the pump. Oil at the pump should cost what crude oil did 3 months ago, not what it does now. Basically, our stupidity is being exploited; nothing new.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Maybe if we get everyone we know to boycott just one oil company, let's pick the largest, Exxon-Mobile, it will cause them to lower their prices in order to compete.

The other companies will have to follow suit.

Spread the message. I can boycott Exxon-Mobile indefinitely.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

IU want to rant about Osama Obama's Bold Faced Lie that he has increased drilling and that more U.S.oil production wont change OPEC Speculation.

He is Lying to the people period

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
he's right. you can drill every last drop of oil and it won't matter.

the price fixing alone should have shut down every oil company in america.

i've once seen 3 different gas stations owned by 3 different oil companies, on 3 separate corners of an intersection, sell gas at exactly the same price.

not only that, every gas station in a city sells gas at the same price. so much for competition and the free market.

apparently it doesn't apply to corporate oil.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Things may go up, but our pay sure isn't!

The way I see it gas goes to high people will park and that's when people will wake up.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

They all are lying to us, lies are the glue that holds this country's current abnormal structure in place.
We would fall apart as a nation if the truth got out on the idiot box or radio talk shows.

Abiotic oil is a never ending supply for the entire world, if we are still choosing to use such an inefficient source of fuel. We will never see a "free" fuel source as long as these oil giants still exist.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What would change prices at the pump is more competition, of which, there really is none.

We need more things like biodeisel and electric fuels.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

This really gets very boring. You pay half what we have to pay so just stop moaning.

Our went up another 3c on the litre over night yesterday so that is 12€c per US gallon or about 15$c per US gallon. Just suck it up. You are so much better off than the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Don't just suck it up.

We all have a right to be pissed and want to do something about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Thank you ,,,snobs from other countries bother me greatly. This is my country.For the last time, in Sept 2008 gasoline at the pump dropped to $1.50 per gallon. Uncle Barry says $2.00per gallon gasoline is not possible. I as the is smoking cow dung. And he is lying .

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Best solution?
Get a bike.
Requires no gas and it's good exercise.
That is if your commute is less then 20 miles.

top topics

join