It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Keeps Tapping Me On My Leg?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Where on your leg did you feel this OP?
I really hate to be 'that person', honestly, I really do, but I expect it's nothing more than a muscle twitch.
When we're in that pre-sleep stage, sometimes things are perceived differently than they actually happen, and while it might add up in your head, that's because your brain is filling in the blanks.
If you got up after you felt it, lit a candle, said a prayer and went back to sleep, I suspect it didn't happen again because you stretched that leg out before returning to bed.
Like I said, I really don't want to be 'that person' but I am no stranger to leg and muscle spasms while sleeping

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by November5th

When my mother was a little girl, she lived in a two-story older house in Maryland, not far from DC. They had a LOT of paranormal activity in that house growing up. Anyway, she remembers one night, being unable to sleep because she felt very nauseous. She went downstairs and her mother was sitting in the living room, watching TV. She told her mother she felt tummy sick and wanted to stay with her. Her mom told her she could sleep on her bed, which was kind of a small, raised cot type thing with springs. She went into the room (right next to the living room) and curled up on the bed with her back to the wall. After a few minutes, she felt a couple of very deliberate taps on her shoulder. Scared, she remained motionless and then "it" did it again. She quickly got off the bed and hustled into the living room. She was too frightened to look behind her. She told her mother "I am going back upstairs. I feel better now." As she stood there, telling her mother this, she heard scraping and moving from that bedroom and the very distinct noise of something pulling itself onto the bed and the springs creaking.
There was no man in the house (her parents were divorced) and her sisters were asleep upstairs. Til this day, she has no clue what forcefully tapped her on the shoulder. There was no room behind the bed for anyone to be..it was pushed against the wall. She has felt muscle taps and spasms and said it felt nothing like what she felt that night.
edit on 4-4-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What Keeps Tapping Me On My Leg?

That which really runs the world.

You don't believe we have free will, do you?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What Keeps Tapping Me On My Leg?,

ME! Having an OBE .. coming to bug ya!
Seriously though .. could be a spook or it could be as simple as a muscle doing it's jumpy thing in bed. It happens. I've been touched in bed before ... usually you can feel 'something' else around when you get touched if it's a spook. At least, that was my experience.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I had that happen before and it was in the dark so I'm not sure if it was an invisible entity or the cat or what.
Light may be a good idea but the candle might be dangerous. If you had a flashlight then you could turn it
on and look to see if your leg muscle was moving or if it was something unknown causing the sensation.
I had something happen to me as I woke up this morning. I'm embarassed in a way. I'm 60 and sleep by
myself..anyway I awoke to see??? what I thought was either a spider or some hair..you know now hair
can bunch up and fly around sometimes..seldom but it does happen..I saw it move..walk? right in front
of my nose..then gone..I searched the quilt to find the hair..nothing!!! so far as I'm still looking. I thought
what??? the heck??? Must have been a dream or something that is real but I cannot find now.
Life is weird...just hope you don't have any muscle spasms that need medical attention and/or some
potassium in your system via a banana that folks eat that are supposed to help stop nightly leg cramps.
I do understand you are talking about a tapping and not leg cramps.I never in the world thought I'd wake up
to see a stick walker??? that looked like walking hair in my face..ha, I'm still looking for a logical
explanation..in this world, you may not find one.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ok, I couldn't resist: where you also tapped in more delicate places?

Now back to serious, I think the tapping was hypnagogic sensations. I have the visual and sometimes also the auditory form. In essence, it's all "phantom" or getting on your way to dreamland.

Mind you, I have had many times hypnagogic images (electric like colors) while still thinking rationally and having my eyes open! So these hallucinations (be it visual, auditory etc) can also happen when you think you're far from falling asleep.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: November5th

I had this same thing...tap on my foot.I thought it was my son trying g to wake me up. I look around my room...nothing. next night, a tap on.my hip. I thought it was my husband...nope. he was downstairs watching tv. It is kinda scary. I igone this stuff for the most part, but this was unnerving

top topics

<< 1   >>

join