It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,168 undocumented immigrants held in largest-ever sweep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Federal agents arrested more than 3,100 unauthorized immigrants last week in the country’s biggest-ever operation targeting criminal and fugitive immigrants for deportation, immigration officials said Monday.

3'168 undocumented immigrant

well, its a start. they still have 12 million to go . the article claims that these are some of the worst offenders they could find. i just hope they don't find their way back in again

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Just making it a general observation, anyone else find it funny that under Obama (who pandered to the Hispanic vote IE the dream act etc) and has been the most supposed "open minded" on the matter has deported more people than bush ever did?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

well, bush was from texas. if he started deporting to many hispanics all of his business buddies would have lost all of their cheep labor

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I actually agree with this recent "round-up" and the general idea that illegals need to go home, but you are right that Obama commits many acts of hypocrisy. Now, this one isn't so big, seeing as how all the illegals deported were known criminals - or so the link says - but it's just the tip of the iceberg, as I am sure you know.

Really, the only honest promise I think he has made is that we will see CHANGE. Oh yea, baby, he wasn't kidding. NDAA, now there's a change!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RatoAstuto

i think the next step is how do we keep all of them out. i am not sure it they are being handed over to their own governments to be prosocuted and put in jail but they really should be

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'd like to see another sweep like they did back in 1954. I'd also like to see the white guys in suits put in handcuffs and hauled away to jail. Deport illegals, jail those who employ and/or help them. This is what we need....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If they are mother and fathers, do they send the kids back with them?
Do they get a court date?
What to they do with their belongings? Sell them?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

i think most of these people are criminals; not only are they here in the country illegally but they have also broken the law. if they have kids find relatives in their home countries and send them to these people

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Thanks.

Since so many have anchor babies, usually these kids end up in foster care if I am not mistaken. I think they should go with the parents to whatever country they came from.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

i feel bad for the kids . if the parents are illegal the kids should also be illegal and they should be sent back to their realatives in their country of origin. but we know how well that works

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Most people are so ill informed on immigration .
I grew up in El Paso Texas, and have seen all sides of the issue.

This "Round-up" may have been a money making opportunity
for the private prison industry. You know, the industry that wrote
all those crazy Arizona laws for Jan Brewer? The Feds pay this
industry a ton of money, even if they only hold them a day or two.

Like it or not this country could not function without illegal workers.
So please those of you not informed and especially those in Arizona California and Texas,
get informed before assuming you have the answers. And definitely before you vote locally.
And yes it's true,"the immigration problem" has gone down since Obama.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So please those of you not informed and especially those in Arizona California and Texas,

i lived in houston for 8 years and i know the issues on illegals. all of the locals would complain about illegals but i asked them if they would the same jobs the illegals were getting paid to do . and they all said

" hell no"

i think that people who can work but can't find a job should have to do some of these manual labor jobs to get their unemployment check. gets rid of some illegals ; gives people a reason to find a better job and stop being a burden to society

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Thanks.

First thing is to end birthright citizenship to children of non-citizens. At least 1 parent should be a citizen before citizenship is automatically passed on. Now, onto your questions, based on birthright citizenship being abolished.

Yes.

Yes, but it's merely to determine if they're truly here illegally. If here illegally, they get deported.

Yes, you sell them. This will offset the cost of deportation.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Sounds like the same argument the south had with slavery.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If you were in mexico illegally and was detained by the mexican police do you think they would care about your 'court date'? They probably would just throw you in jail until you paid them enough money (admittedly not much different than in america).

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I'd like to see another sweep like they did back in 1954. I'd also like to see the white guys in suits put in handcuffs and hauled away to jail. Deport illegals, jail those who employ and/or help them. This is what we need....

en.wikipedia.org...

i would like to see something like that. but who would complain more the dems or big business that claim they can't live without illegals workers

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The federal police force conducts (training) rounding up 3k people across the country and you all can't see past your politics. When they start rounding up dissenters or other enemy combatants, you will look back and see this is where they got all that training.

I thought since the economy has tanked that the immigration issue was working itself out.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The usual smear campaign. But if you read the article, you would know that that these are people who have committed felonies: murderers, rapists, and drunk drivers.

I don't think anyone cares about them as a voting statistic.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

What it is that people are only able to run companies off of low wage labor.

ANd I have no sympathy for them.

Now there can be less companies that now can only run their company if they can provide a working wage, if they can't, then they should go out of business.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i dont have a problem with the illegal roundup as they were all criminals. as far as an operation wetback style roundup i would be against it. i am all for confronting the illegal alien situation head on and i think we should start at the border (keeping them from coming here in the first place) and the businesses that hire illegals. make it nearly impossible for an illegal to get a job and that will keep them from coming here in droves. then we could give the welfare and unemployed people the jobs the illegals were doing but now that means we actually would have to pay them a decent wage thus bringing profits down for business. no wonder we have this problem everyone knows business and profits pull the strings in washington.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join