It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls, Bigots, Haters, etc...Bring Them Here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yep...that's right...bring them here!

Link their threads...link their posts...let's get them off of ATS!

Watching veteran members leave because they don't want to put up with it anymore is getting old...if someone comes here to cause hate and discontent...they need to leave...not the meaningful contributers!

So I say...you want a member generated content site...well then let's get rid of the trouble ourselves!

Sure...we have an alert function available to alert staff to the T & C violators...and occasionally a seasoned member will put a crap stirrer in their place...but today I am calling on members to bring out the trolls, bigots, haters, member bashers, etc...bring them here for everyone to see!

A lot of stuff flies under the radar of the T & C 's and is allowed because it simply boarders the rules...I say enough of this...moderators can't catch everything...and we as members that care enough...need to step up!

If members truly do generate the content of this site...then I am calling on all members to help oust the problems...and turn this site back around!

Thanks in advance for everyones help!

edit on 3-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
this guys such a troll
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes
this guys such a troll
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perfect...and I didn't have to go find you!

You saw the invite...and you came!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

How am I a troll! please, please tel me. I try to bring love, and good old fashioned debates on stuff. Just becuase i might call some people sheep, because they follow instead of lead does not make me a troll. Lets discuss this right here right now on this very lovely idea of a thread.

edit on 3-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Hook, line and sinker....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

How am I a troll!

People STILL falling for this?

:shk:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

ha your not its a link that goes to the profile of whoever clicks it,
anyways there has been a lot of racism on the forums lately but the mods have been taking care of it, you dont have to go all 4chan on people haha

edit on 3-4-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

While I certainly admire the sentiments behind this thread and would love for it to work.

I just don't think it will.

One man's Troll is another's comedian... etc etc.

Also it's probably against T&C to abuse, accuse and shame members in this way.

I wish it wasn't but it probably is.

Nice try though

link   

oh. hahaha. Well, i didn't know. Good one. This should of been an april fools idea.

link   
I'm just in this thread for the comfy chaise and free whine..
*Looks under seat for lurking trolls*

link   
Boncho,

Can him... Seriously.

The guy's a menace.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

oh. hahaha. Well, i didn't know. Good one. This should of been an april fools idea.

It is, an old one, gets posted every year....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

How am I a troll! please, please tel me. I try to bring love, and good old fashioned debates on stuff. Just becuase i might call some people sheep, because they follow instead of lead does not make me a troll. Lets discuss this right here right now on this very lovely idea of a thread.

Stop... my sides hurt.

Read the explanations.... look at the URL before you click.

It's a generic "member" link and goes to the profile of the person that clicks it... not your profile for everyone, it will only be the person who clicks on it whose profile will show up.

Don't worry.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by jerryznv

While I certainly admire the sentiments behind this thread and would love for it to work.

I just don't think it will.

One man's Troll is another's comedian... etc etc.

Also it's probably against T&C to abuse, accuse and shame members in this way.

I wish it wasn't but it probably is.

Nice try though

Maybe...but maybe not...what harm could come from linking to the sites own content?

Nobody is immune to what is happening on this site...including the staff...so I think this should be allowed!

Who really wants to keep reading through pages of worthless crap about nothing?

I think this is a perfect troll trap...and a good way to eliminate problems!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Maybe...but maybe not...what harm could come from linking to the sites own content?

Nobody is immune to what is happening on this site...including the staff...so I think this should be allowed!

Who really wants to keep reading through pages of worthless crap about nothing?

I think this is a perfect troll trap...and a good way to eliminate problems!

I'm fully behind it man... just saying that I think there is actually a T&C prohibiting naming and shaming.
We had a few years back i think... someone wanted to have a thread about their least fav member or something... something like that.... and it wasn't allowed and basically the T&C/reason it wasn't, would apply to this too.

I don't know.... maybe SO or a mod will say go ahead, great idea.

But it seems, much of it is subjective.

As I said... one man's troll is another's comedian.

I dunno.

We'll see I guess

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Yep...that's right...bring them here!

Link their threads...link their posts...let's get them off of ATS!

Watching veteran members leave because they don't want to put up with it anymore is getting old...if someone comes here to cause hate and discontent...they need to leave...not the meaningful contributers!

So I say...you want a member generated content site...well then let's get rid of the trouble ourselves!

Sure...we have an alert function available to alert staff to the T & C violators...and occasionally a seasoned member will put a crap stirrer in their place...but today I am calling on members to bring out the trolls, bigots, haters, member bashers, etc...bring them here for everyone to see!

A lot of stuff flies under the radar of the T & C 's and is allowed because it simply boarders the rules...I say enough of this...moderators can't catch everything...and we as members that care enough...need to step up!

If members truly do generate the content of this site...then I am calling on all members to help oust the problems...and turn this site back around!

Thanks in advance for everyones help! ........
So, who gets to decide what is meaningful and what is hateful ? When people aren't allowed dissent, even the ones you or I don't like, true freedom of expression suffers. Limiting this kind of expression only makes censorship seem acceptable. Take a stand and make your feelings known and allow everyone else the same option.

edit on 3-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
*** temp closed - pending staff review ***

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hi jerryznv,

Firstly – let me acknowledge your sentiments and intentions here with this thread, and this ‘call to action’.

We do appreciate that it comes from a place and motivation of wanting ‘a better ATS’. Awesome. Thank you for that.
We also acknowledge and thank the ATS Members who see this site as being a ‘welcoming home’ for them as well…we/Staff couldn’t wish for more…that our Members see ATS as being every bit *theirs* as it is those who are charged with governing/guiding it.

Yes indeed – as you so rightly identify – the current processes of Alerting us/Staff to any concerns isn’t 100% perfect or workable 100% of the time…but for now that’s what we have.

One of the benefits of that process however is that any mud – if it starts to be slung – only gets slung at us/Staff.
That’s okay, we shower regularly and have scotch-guarded clothing so we’re not overly worried about getting dirty if needs be.

What we/Staff would not like to see are our Members getting mud tossed at them or tied up in anything that might perhaps distract from their enjoyment even more.
That’s why we/Staff are here…and again I acknowledge that does have its pitfalls and limitations at times.

Members – such as yourself – DO already ‘set a benchmark’.
You already display and convey the very things you are hoping to increase here at ATS.

That’s probably actually the best way of approaching it.
Be the example. Be the change you wish to see.

…people will get it…or they won’t…

Again – our most sincere thanks for your efforts.

Cheers.

*closing again sorry*
edit on 4-4-2012 by alien because: ...can't spell worth a dang...

top topics

join