It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperspace Gateways: Award Winning Documentary on Crop Circles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by miniatus
These people are responsible for a large number of circles.. very elaborate ones... The big mistake many people make on conspiracies like this one ( especially this one ) .. is vastly under-estimating human ingenuity and capability ..
edit on 4/3/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

I admit. After seeing the snow-made example, I'm a little more convinced that it is possible for humans to do complex designs. But there are still the anomalies that despite what Phoenix said about lay lines, still remains unexplained.

Isn't it possible for aliens, or hyperdimensional beings, to have done a few of these circles? And what about the Nazca Lines?

Surely it's POSSIBLE .. but since we have no actual proof of alien visitation ( that's a whole other ballgame ) .. it's just as likely santa clause did it as well ..

I'm not being snarky, I'm just saying that it's my way to look at the most plausible reason first.. we can't attribute these circles to things we don't even know, and may very well may not even exist..

Crop circles didn't just POOF into abundance by the way.. it started with a couple, made itself an international phenomena when it hit the news and then gradually became a bigger and bigger phenomena .. that to me by itself suggests humans are behind it... People all over the world heard about it.. groups sparked up .. many of these crop circled AREN'T elaborate designs.. I would say the vast majority aren't that intricate.. but the way it grew as a phenomena really does suggest it's something people have seen.. learned about, and decided to try in different areas .. more so than an alien race seeing another alien do it and then deciding to join in on the fun..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by smithjustinb

As ive said in my earlier posts on the subject the best crop circle fakers do thier designs over lay lines which can give some odd readings.

So you don't believe in crop circles, but you believe in lay lines?

Im not 100% sold on the idea but i think its a possibility. The people at circlemaker.org do recommend creating circle on these lines so i guess they believe it will make some difference.

At some crop circle makers websites they have suggested burying medical waste in the center of the circles which might give off low level radiation readings. Also like ive said before some of the people claiming to get these anomalous readings could easily just be flat out lying to gain book / lecture sales.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

You conveniently forgot to mention it takes him DAYS to complete one of these. It's certainly not done overnight. Not in his case anyway.

www.mymodernmet.com...

He also works on his patterns ALONE ... and they are in much larger scale than many of the crop circles.. most of the known circle making groups are just that.. GROUPS of people that coordinate to produce the patterns on a smaller scale.. they can be completed in several hours over night.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Im not 100% sold on the idea but i think its a possibility. The people at circlemaker.org do recommend creating circle on these lines so i guess they believe it will make some difference.

At some crop circle makers websites they have suggested burying medical waste in the center of the circles which might give off low level radiation readings. Also like ive said before some of the people claiming to get these anomalous readings could easily just be flat out lying to gain book / lecture sales.

Not only that but I'm not aware of any official scientific studies revealing radiation at these sites.. I've heard conspiracy sites talk about it and various claims, but no evidence of it.. but if as you say, circle maker sites are suggesting leaving medical waste buried then I wouldn't be surprised if radiation was picked up as a result.

I still say though that there's zero evidence to suggest the circles are anything but man made.. we already demonstrated by excellent example what humans can do .. one human alone can make extremely elaborate designs in the snow.. if he weren't doing it alone and if he worked on a smaller scale, imagine what he could accomplish then?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

Thats because they are way bigger than the ones you see in fields (they are up to 3 football fields in size) and he did them on his own. The people faking crop circles at night are working in teams.

Not only that the guy has bad feet and cant walk to well

Interestingly enough, he said, 'The main reason for making them was because I can no longer run properly due to problems with my feet, so plodding about on level snow is the least painful way of getting exercise.

Something you forgot to mention..?
edit on 3-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

An (american) football field is about 300' x 150'

Here is an example of a 780' crop circle (bottom photo): news.discovery.com...

As far as "not mentioning" his alleged "disability" well.... he's out there days on end, 9 hours per day. In pretty uncomfortable conditions I might add.

Hardly someone I consider "disabled"

As far as teams of people creating crop circles, I would think that the more people you have working on something of that size, the more chance there would be of error(s)... especially considering they are alleged created in the dark of night.

I have yet to see one that looks like it was done on an etch-a-sketch.

edit on 3-4-2012 by HIWATT because: addition

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

How about you just take a breath of fresh air, grab yourself a cuppa', and get to watching the film?

Cause to me you just sound like the rest of the sheeple.

And hey even I dont agree on the 'aliens did it - ands that it' theory.

There are hundreds of theories. Each as plausible as the next. Did the circlemakers also make this one?

en.wikipedia.org...

You 'debunkers' come up with same old debunking nonsense all the time.

AND YOU ALWAYS DISREGARD NEW EVIDENCE AND FACTS!
edit on 3/4/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Its so pretty! Oh man that makes me want to try that in the winter some time.

I wholeheartedly agree that the designs are pretty easy to make especially considering most are just variations of very simple geometry. They can be beautiful and breathtaking at times but that doesn't change the fact that humans are making them. In fact I rather like the thought that people are making them. Imagine what we can do when come together to create rather than to destroy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

All you need do then is to look at the circlemakers.org site.. you'll see exactly that.. a group of people producing elaborate patterns in a short space of time..

Yes when you introduce more people you increase the potential for error, but that also doesn't make them bumbling fools .. those guys are quite good at it.. and there are more than just one circle making group out there that has exceptional talent ..

Even if you just doubled from 1 person to 2 you've potentially cut time down by 50% .. =) it doesn't take a team of 50

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute

How about you just take a breath of fresh air, grab yourself a cuppa', and get to watching the film?

Cause to me you just sound like the rest of the sheeple.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me sheeple... Accept that in life, you're not always correct .. and that you won't always be agreed with ..

=) I'm already accepting of that.. and I already know it could very well be aliens .. I just find that to be very very very unlikely and without any evidence.. so I choose to do the scientific thing and look for rational, plausible alternatives.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Its a cracking shame the majority of people on ATS are a bunch of bumbling sheeple..

I love the fact that you keep posting the circle-makers link as well.

Its almost as if you don't want ANYBODY to think DIFFERENTLY!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

=) I'm already accepting of that.. and I already know it could very well be aliens .. I just find that to be very very very unlikely and without any evidence.. so I choose to do the scientific thing and look for rational, plausible alternatives.

Its not unlikely at all when you consider the capabilities of a civilization that could be over a billion years more advanced than we are. The alien explanation is rational and plausible.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Its a cracking shame the majority of people on ATS are a bunch of bumbling sheeple..

I love the fact that you keep posting the circle-makers link as well.

Its almost as if you don't want ANYBODY to think DIFFERENTLY!

I don't care if anyone thinks differently.. but it might be nice to use some common sense and logic in the mentality.. I love how you insult me just because I personally don't believe it's aliens flying around marking up corn fields .. I'm a sheeple because I don't subscribe to that and because I provide a plausible alternative? .. really?

You're getting awfully angry about that for no reason..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And you completely ignored my link about the crop circle found in 1678!

Here - just incase you deliberately ignored I will post it again!

en.wikipedia.org...

Absolutely loving the selectiveness of your replies.

And you make it abundantly clear that you will NOT be watching the documentary through your own egotistical self.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Heads up

ATS is a discussion forum. That means both sides of a debate can be heard here.

If someone wants to dictate, they are free to log out of ATS start their own blog about a subject and moderate the comments to their hearts content.

However, if they post on ATS, they can expect BOTH sides of the equation to be discussed.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Its not unlikely at all when you consider the capabilities of a civilization that could be over a billion years more advanced than we are. The alien explanation is rational and plausible.

I firmly believe a culture exists out there that is likely far more advanced than us.. I'm just saying we have no good evidence they've ever popped in for a visit ( it's never been proven is all ) .. and if they did, I don't see the logic of marking up the corn fields.. but it surely is possible.. ALL I'm saying is that there are more plausible explanations that fit within the realm of reason .. we know they are actually happening, we KNOW groups of people are out there doing it.. the only question is are those groups doing them all?.. I tend to think yes..

That's just my personal opinion .. my goal was merely to show that people are VERY capable of doing it, even over night.. with elaborate patterns.. I don't see the point of jumping to the most unlikely conclusion when a likely and very possible one exists.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

All you need do then is to look at the circlemakers.org site.. you'll see exactly that.. a group of people producing elaborate patterns in a short space of time..

Yes when you introduce more people you increase the potential for error, but that also doesn't make them bumbling fools .. those guys are quite good at it.. and there are more than just one circle making group out there that has exceptional talent ..

Even if you just doubled from 1 person to 2 you've potentially cut time down by 50% .. =) it doesn't take a team of 50

Website. Lots of them. On the internet.

devolutionx.com...

"There are crop circles however, that have been found that don’t have any of that kind of evidence and yet are of incredible, beautiful design. One of the most extraordinary ones is the Mega Julia -> named after a French mathematician. It is a nautilus-kind of curve that occurs in many living structures, like a seashell for instance. It has 409 circles. It’s 850 feet in diameter, and the center circle is big enough to put a house in. So it covers about half an acre. It was estimated that if you took the time when the sun went down on August 12 to the time the sun came out the next morning, and divided it by 409, you would have to have made a circle every 30 seconds to create that formation."

Yes, I left out "clearly impossible" because I do not to believe it to be clearly impossible. I'm going with "extremely unlikely"

If you counter that it was done by a large group of people, then I refer to my assumption that something of that size, done in the dark of night, would have not turned out nearly that perfectly - unless you account for some artificial light source to assist... and in that case, with something that size, it would have been a LOT of light.

Not to mention, unless they parachuted in, there would have HAD to have been some evidence of them entering that area. Lets say they did parachute in. Did they all land in exactly the right area as to not futz up such an intricate design?

How did they get out? Helicopter lift? Again... LIGHTS... NOISE.....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

And you completely ignored my link about the crop circle found in 1678!

Here - just incase you deliberately ignored I will post it again!

en.wikipedia.org...

I've seen that before.. It doesn't personally impress me.. people have been making designs in crops, grass, fields.. for a long long time.. usually just designs we recognize..

I guess my point is this.. because you have a photo of a pattern in a field from the 1600s doesn't mean it's alien .. so why jump to that conclusion in the first place?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Until I am shown video evidence of all the crop circles on this planet I will not believe that humans made them all!

Perhaps its a natural process? The energies inside mother earth are creating this shift?

If you had watched the doc, it would show you that we don't think that aliens are the cause! But because you have bumbled on about 'proof' and the more realistic alternatives, you completely disregard anything that you don't understand.

Its a shame because I can see you are a very logical person, so why not just try watch it?

And then you can come and debunk whatever you want haha!

I've seen that before.. It doesn't personally impress me.. people have been making designs in crops, grass, fields.. for a long long time.. usually just designs we recognize..

I guess my point is this.. because you have a photo of a pattern in a field from the 1600s doesn't mean it's alien .. so why jump to that conclusion in the first place?

Please find evidence of a post i have made that suggests aliens have made these circles.. I never even suggested it! I believe that mother earth is the energy behind these magnificent patterns!

I never jumped to any conclusions my friend, unfortunately you based almost all your recent posts on that very fact of aliens? Aliens are the smaller picture. Until people realise that Love is the way forward I am afraid we will not progress any further.

Love Is Key Peace Out!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I firmly believe a culture exists out there that is likely far more advanced than us.. I'm just saying we have no good evidence they've ever popped in for a visit ( it's never been proven is all ) .. and if they did, I don't see the logic of marking up the corn fields.. but it surely is possible..

What about "The Phoenix Lights"? What about the real "Battle of L.A."? What about Rendlesham Forest? What about Roswell? What about the numerous historical accounts? Of course a hyperdimensional being wouldn't leave behind 3d physical evidence. They aren't anything physical.

But even if you rather subscribe to the more common E.T. belief, does a helicopter often leave evidence of it having been flown over a town? You can't outright dismiss eyewitness accounts. That's just disrespectful.

ALL I'm saying is that there are more plausible explanations that fit within the realm of reason

Again. The alien explanation is just as plausible and reasonable as any other.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Again. The alien explanation is just as plausible and reasonable as any other.

I'm going to disagree, especially when we have documented proof, video evidence, and witness accounts that they are being made by man. HOW MUCH MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED? I'm not trying to discredit outside of the box thinking, but come on....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join