It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Postal Service Wants Out Of Government-Provided Health Insurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
US Postal Service Wants Out Of Government-Provided Health Insurance

In the midst of all things will be better with a non-private, government run single payer
health insurance system, it seems one the biggest outfits With government
insurance is attempting to switch over to ....... 3 - 2 - 1 ...

Private Health Insurance !!

Well I wonder Why ?

Maybe just maybe this is step one to severing the Post Office from the "government" ?

Maybe just maybe they are looking for private contractors to take over the

grossly mismanaged and corruption laced Post Office boondoggle !!

By Patrick Burke
March 30, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - The United States Postal Service (USPS) is currently working towards delivering a private health insurance plan to its employees and wants to opt out of the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan (FEHBP.)

“If provided the authority to do so, we believe that we can provide our employees and retirees with the same or better health coverage for significantly less cost, ” said Postmaster General and CEO Patrick Donahoe during his testimony to the House Oversight Committee.

The financially strapped USPS recently released a plan to cut costs by 2016 to adapt to a marketplace in which there is less demand for hand delivered mail.....

So, somebody is now claiming that a private policy system will be cheaper than the government's own system?

How could that be possible ?

“In response to this fiscal crisis, the US Postal Service recently presented its five year business plan to profitability…the centerpiece of this plan involves shifting USPS employees and their retirees from the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan (FEHBP) to a new USPS run health plan.”

Donahoe claimed a private health plan for the USPS will result in annual savings of approximately $7 billion and will function like any other health insurance plan in the private sector.

I'm confused, I don't get it !!

"Out There" thinking: Maybe the entire government health insurance system is going "private" ?
wouldn't THAT be a horse of a different color !!

Never a dull moment with insurance !!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So, with the Unions exempt, and the Postal Services exempt, and even Micky D's exempt....how many of us taxpayers are left to foot the bill....the law of diminishing returns is leaning towards a pretty steep curve methinks....

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As a Federal employee, I have the exact same health insurance options that anyone else does. The post office does have it's own plan, but I can choose Blue Cross/Blue Shield, or various other options. They are not "run by the government" any more than the various health insurance options you might have at your job are "run by your employer".

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The FEHB is obtained through private health insurance companies. Aetna, BCBS, GEHA, etc. are all options on the FEHB plan.

You can read about it here.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by xuenchen

The FEHB is obtained through private health insurance companies. Aetna, BCBS, GEHA, etc. are all options on the FEHB plan.

You can read about it here.

I guess I misunderstood the entire article !!

Jeeez...

I see it now

new topics

top topics

join