It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA considers home anthrax treatment kit. Would you trust it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The possibility of a bioterrorist anthrax attack concerns me but so does a mass antibiotic treatment. Maybe it will prevent/cure anthrax but what else might it contain. Is this a better better idea than a government funded stockpile of antibiotics at a local clinic? I sure would not be the first in line since negative consequences may take weeks to manifest themselves but you must start treatment within 96 hours of a bioterrorist attack. Currently the advisory people are against it fearing misuse and there are also drug resistant varieties of anthrax. So what is the best course of action?

Found at www.medpagetoday.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I think if there ever is a wide-scale bio-terror attack it probably won't be anthrax. I reckon they would use something like the botulism toxin or bubonic plague or maybe marburg/ebola virus (ease of production and lethality, especially botulism because of it's massive use in the cosmetics/beauty industry). I remember reading somewhere that all US federal employees are vaccinated against anthrax anyway. I'm pretty sure the home treatment kits probably would be largely ineffective unless the government notified everybody on first detection of the bio-terror threat.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If we are talking about a large scale bio-terror attack taking place. More than likely it is not going to anthrax that would be used. Even though there are strains of anthrax out there that can kill people. I just don't believe that anyone would try to use anthrax if they would want to be successful in their attack. I think that whoever would commit such an act would take lessons from the past. Like the sarin nerve gass attack on the Tokyo subway system that occurred on March 20, 1995. That attack itself killed thirteen and injured close to 1,200 people. However we can't rule out the use of anthrax in a bio terror attack just yet even with the medicines that have came out that can fight off anthrax.

new topics

join