It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Better Conspiracy Site Than A.T.S?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I don't think there is. Despite A.T.S's faults, and I'm talking threads being locked for no good reason (some) and certain topics that aren't allowed to be discussed and a fat list of terms and conditions e.c.t I still say it's the finest site of it's kind on the net. It's the diverse range of topics (not just conspiracy) that make the place full of excellent knowledge, combine that with the diverse range of people here and you have what I believe to be compulsive viewing.

I see lot's of thread created knocking the place you see, I think many people take the place for granted but if you think there are better sites out there post them here to compare. I hope it's not against terms and conditions to post other sites though.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
In my opinion, what makes ATS heads above the rest is, the staff. Without the dedicated MODS we'd be no better than glp, and other such places. We have a certain sense of balance here, not found anywhere else.

As much as some people complain about the T&Cs...it's those very same guidelines that holds the seams of ATS together.

They weren't pulled out of someone's arse. They were developed over time, tried and true.

You can call me one of those loyalists if you want, but ATS is my virtual home....

Des

edit on 3-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Pfft.

Whats the alternative? GLP? looool.

No mate, stick to this one, i have browsed many, and honestly, this one is the best.

vvv

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It's not hard to stay mostly in line with the T&C and not be a tool either. It's really not that strict and the mods seem to give the users a respectable amount of slack, in most cases at least. My only problem is we can't openly discuss natural herbs and plants.

I've seen worse forums where the mods could have worked for Hitler.

edit on 3/4/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Which doesn't entirely fit in with the tag line of 'Deny Ignorance'

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Regardless of which site you go to,you are still going to be surrounded by a majority of people who are nuttier then a squirrel turd at a peanut festival.
This site included.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Yes, yes there is. But those of us who use it aren't allowed to tell you what it is.

No, don't try to pry it out of me. First rule of Fight Club and all. But yes, yes there is.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i like the free coffee mug.

-subfab

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
i like the free coffee mug.

-subfab

You got a mug....

I want one too...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

on the side it has the ATS logo
on the outside bottom of the mug it says, "deny decaf"

-subfab

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, if there is I haven't found it. I have left here a few times when things seem to be too "out of control", but I always come back. I

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

In my opinion, what makes ATS heads above the rest is, the staff. Without the dedicated MODS we'd be no better than glp, and other such places. We have a certain sense of balance here, not found anywhere else. As much as some people complain about the T&Cs...it's those very same guidelines that holds the seams of ATS together. They weren't pulled out of someone's arse. They were developed over time, tried and true. You can call me one of those loyalists if you want, but ATS is my virtual home.... Des

Amen Sista!

ATS is the best, although I actually have not been to other sites,
why change what isn't broke? I don't think it is good manners OP to come on rant here to complain about other sites. This site has a high quality contributions imho, even though many think otherwise. I do pick and choose.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Like any other large disfunctional family, its still home.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Going by your title only...the answer is no!
I have seen others and this one is the best.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Simple and to the point.....

NO. ATS is the best hands down. It is very professionally run...by volunteers, it has a very good system of weeding out the obvious trolls. It has a nice, easy to use layout. The staff is helpful, usually pretty friendly and most are fairly easy to bribe...wait...scratch that.

ATS strives to be a cut above the others, but as far as I'm concerned, there are no others.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I don't think it is good manners OP to come on rant here to complain about other sites. This site has a high quality contributions imho, even though many think otherwise. I do pick and choose.

Well, my rant was about people complaining about A.T.S more than anything, you know the kind of threads I'm talking about. I probably should have stated that more clearly though.

I didn't really expect a single person to post a better site as I don't think one exists.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

too funny. there is no better site. between the mods and the members it always feels liek home.

never even tried to sign up at glp, just seems beneath us here. yay ats!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by 0rbital

Yes, yes there is. But those of us who use it aren't allowed to tell you what it is.

No, don't try to pry it out of me. First rule of Fight Club and all. But yes, yes there is.

If such a site really exists I won't try and pry it out of you but I am sceptical that it would excell over this site

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Gotcha, just imagining going to Neiman Marcus and complaining about Walmart.
I seriously don't think there is a better site, this one is just so professionally done.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I like U.M a lot, but its really not a conspiracy site. This ATS is great though. I just tend to stay away from the loonies, or troll the hell out of them. Either way it makes for a good time.

top topics

join