It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you chase the monster you become just like him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by grandestconspiracyofall

Emotionally I don't care and never will.

imho this is defensive speech. I find it hard to believe you are a sociopath without feelings or remorse. I know such people exist, but I do not believe you are one. I am something of a little Mary sunshine, I am aware, but I am also very good at discerning truth when I hear it, and *feeling* people, I do not feel indifference from you. Posturing is not needed here. Be who you are here, if no where else

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

I'm quite happy you're here. We all make mistakes, and if we don't, we might as well not be alive. Experience is about mistakes. That's the only way to discover the nature of things. And those who belittle others who seek information in whatever form or on whatever level are the ones with a problem. They live in fear and rejection. Their world is not open to experience.

I don't know if you are familiar with Terrence McKenna, but if not you really should delve into his works. Brilliant man. I seriously doubt he would begrudge you whatever information/stimulation you pursue. I know I don't either.

Take good care of yourself and again, a big welcome to you.

I appreciate the positive reinforcement. I agree that mistakes are made. Some are bigger than others. Some are unforgivable mistakes, but as long as the individual realizes them and makes peace with himself, that's all that matters. We are our own worst enemy and sometimes self judgement is more cruel than being judged by fellow peers.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'm not an advocate of "forgiveness". To me, that assumes that one is in a higher position than another. That is a very dangerous thing to think, from either side. We are all souls on a journey. No one gets through unscathed. No one is of greater or lesser quality. We're just in different places.

You see, from where I sit, what I read in your story was that their might have just been a dog who was very grateful for your presence at that event. Who knows what moved you to be there? Who's to say it wasn't the very hand of God? You were there and a dog was perhaps saved because of it.

It's all about perspective.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

Emotionally I don't care and never will.

imho this is defensive speech. I find it hard to believe you are a sociopath without feelings or remorse. I know such people exist, but I do not believe you are one. I am something of a little Mary sunshine, I am aware, but I am also very good at discerning truth when I hear it, and *feeling* people, I do not feel indifference from you. Posturing is not needed here. Be who you are here, if no where else

There is nothing wrong with sunshine. I love it myself. And I'm sorry if I came across as if I tried to give the impression that I'm some sort of sociopath. I'm not. I just feel no remorse towards the individual that I got into the fight with. He was aggressively kicking a defenseless dog in the head like he was some tough guy. To me it was justice. There were other wrongs that day but that one incident is what boiled my emotions over the top. Each and everyone of us responds differently to situations.

To the gentleman who asked if I knew they were illegal at the time. Yes I did. I feel remorse about going in the first place. I went anyway.
edit on 3-4-2012 by grandestconspiracyofall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I thank you for your response. I think ATS will be very good for you. Passion has it's place certainly, learning to bank the fires more useful. You can learn that here, where you cannot hit someone
. It has helped me to learn a bit of calmness in the storm.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I appreciate your honesty and decision to give us this personal account. It should be not be a surprise to anyone here on ATS or anywhere for that matter that these things you wrote about happen to and by people.

Me personally have more problems with animal abuse than people abuse. Of course both are terrible. Maybe because an animal can not give reason for abuse and is an easy target for someones disturbed cravings. Keeping a dog, training him and "*ck)ng up his mental state for ripping up an other dog says a lot about the character of the guy who is doing it. Maybe I shouldn't say this but thank you for giving this guy a taste of how it feels to be abused....severely.

Some time ago I read about a bear handler who force his bears to stand on a hot plate. This way he conditions his bears to dance....and make himself some money. Each time when I hear about such stories I wonder what went wrong with these people. It turns out that these people grew up with such cruel activities around them, performed by his father or other "family" members. An other reason for animal abuse is that the abuser is a sociopath or psychopath...no empathy or respect for anything living whatsoever.

You say that you have no regret for what you did other than picking the wrong moment for your "revenge". I am not sure but somewhere between the lines I do read regret and are you loking for answers for your own behaviour. You are not happy with the way you are or have become. With all respect, I can be wrong but I can tell you that roaming around such a scene in society is not a healthy basis for raising your own family and can not bare good fruit for your own happines in life.

I leave it at that...welcome to the ATS family!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good job
it's refreshing to hear a story about someone who is not a coward. I think you did good and instead of sending you to jail they should've given you a medal.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

"because of violence. It is attracted to me like a magnet." Although you may believe this to be true, perhaps the exact opposite is true and something deep inside you is attracted to violence. The fact that you choose to utilize violence as a way to right a wrong is a fair indicator of this inner dichotomy. Look to the things inside yourself, the things you refuse to see usually hold the answers. All in all I would say that even though in your mind you did manage to exact some form of vengeance for the cruelty that was shown to the animal, in the end all you did was to expand that suffering to encompass two others "Your victim and YOURSELF". -peace

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You did fine.The law doesn't think so because they frown on ass whooping when you aren't attacked.My con friends are all saying the same thing about family.That's part of the bulls##t I guess.Were you on any antidepressants?
If so there's your answer as to why.
But other than that at least you didn't kill the little creep,amusing as it would have been.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
When you chase the monster, you will most certainly be like him.

However, in the first place, take pride that you are a human, a thinking, logical and rational one with a brain to discern the consequences of your actions, of which you are fully responsible.

Was it worth it? Was there no OTHER alternatives to chase the monster? Remember, you are living in a civilised world, no longer the jungle whereby rule of law takes place. And if laws are found wanting, then you, as a citizen, do have the right to organise for the change of better for them.

But as it stands, the rule of law is what we have to protect society descending into the jungles.

But if you decide to take the law into your own hands, then there must be NO whinning on your part. Take responsibility for your own actions, face it like a man, come what may, without ANY excuses whatever, because, at the end of the day, even if you absolved of your crime by law, your conscience will NEVER let you free if you had KNOWINGLY done a wrong, no matter what you claimed, said, or supported by others.

Your 1st post may claim to 'teach' others not to do as you did, but in reality, it is no more than a justification for your own irresponsible taking of the law in your own hands, and one to gather 'sympathies' and 'support' for what you have done.

As long as you refuse to acknowledge the societal mistake you had done, no matter the justifications you try to allay your mind, It is of no use, for you will always bear a grudge. Dog lovers are aplenty in the world, but hurting a human is far worse than hurting the dog. Dogs are animals, incapable of reason, but humans are fully capable of reasoning, if you had used the right approach instead of violence.

You had not only became the monster, but far worse than one. One that places dogs above humans, more important than human lives. The insignificant nobody me can understand the bond between some animals and humans, but humans must always come first, for without humans for progress and evolution, dogs may be just for meals instead of a luxury.

Let the rule of law run its course, or change it if you feel dogs should have civilisational human rights as well..
edit on 3-4-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'd just like to simply welcome you to ATS!

You have some interesting and emotion-inducing experiences, and you're honest as far as I can tell. You do have remorse but feel some people may deserve correction, I agree with this, but it's a touchy subject.

I started reacting less to harsh environmental input after I read some intro to the Tao books, as well as an Awareness book by de Mello. But I've never been too attracted or influenced by violence, and since I don't know you well enough I can't say either would be of help to you, but hey if you get bored it couldn't hurt, right?

Welcome to the pool amigo!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome grandestconspiracyofall

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join