It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello cyber friends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
one reason i decided to join ATS is because i'm completely fed up with being labelled a conspiracy theorist on christian forums for nearly a decade. how ironic the folks who say they believe there's a plan greater than the sum total of all men refuse to accept anything other than the accidental view of history! *sigh*

though certainly open to discussion of my faith when, and if, appropriate, i'm not here to proselytize.

no, just looking forward to reading the threads, and maybe participating wherever hegel and alinsky are the ones marginalized for a change (< pun not intended but cool! ha.)

christie.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Christie because: added to

edit on 3-4-2012 by Christie because: pun

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Christie

Welcome.

You surely chose the best place to express your opinions.

Be careful though, even on here, there are a huge difference of opinions, but, you will also find many like minded individuals.

Wish you the best!

vvv

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

i guess i'll add a few things.
i'm not bashing my christian friends. if you're a christian reading this, and you're here at ATS you probably know exactly what i'm talking about.

i've found some of the forums for the christian community have questionable admin/mod teams - astonishingly, subjects which should be not only open for discussion but well known are shut out and shut down. this was very perplexing at first, but of course its to be expected.

and over time it became clear, interestingly, that the course of any debate on so-called controversial subjects is thoroughly predictable....from the very start. just goes to show how easy social engineering has been.

christie
edit on 3-4-2012 by Christie because: typos

edit on 3-4-2012 by Christie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Welcome.

You surely chose the best place to express your opinions.

Be careful though, even on here, there are a huge difference of opinions, but, you will also find many like minded individuals.

Wish you the best!

vvv

hi! thank you!
the differences of opinions is what i'm interested in!
its group-think and censorship of historical data i'm weary of.

thanks again.
christie.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS...you'll fit in nicely....

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

We are nuts.

You will be assimilated.

Tinfoilhats are futile.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
LOL!!!!
love it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
question:
why does it say FLAGS: 1
?
what does that mean? am in trouble already? lol.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Christie because: added to

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christie
LOL!!!!
love it.

Then, you'll really love having this. Your very own *official* 2012 ATS Tin Foil Hardhat. Guaranteed to protect you from all falling celestial objects, including those who don't quite make it for the Rapture.....

Wear it in good health......

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I flagged you....it means you made a good impression with me. Flags are a good thing. You'll find out....

Des

edit on 3-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
LOL!
ah yes...the 'rapture'.

arg.
edit: flags...cool!
thanks Des....haha
edit on 3-4-2012 by Christie because: flags

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Christie, very shortly a moderator will come by to welcome you and give you all the T&C's for the site.

We are a very diverse group here, but you will find brilliant minds, and varying opinions from all walks of life. Sometimes conversations get a bit heated, and sometimes, a person oversteps the bounds, but we are all held to the same standard, and respecting others opinions is definitely where it is at.

Welcome to ATS. BT

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Welcome Christie! You have found home girl! Come on in, put your feet up and sit a spell.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
thank you BT.
and Iamschist

edit on 3-4-2012 by Christie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

If you need help with anything, feel free to ask. Ask questions, and you'll get answers.

Btw, I'm one of the pagan members here, and am curious to hear you views. Get in twenty posts, and you can start your own thread!

You'll find many open minds and much diversity here. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Flags are good by the way (to answer your question)

Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome Christie

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

You asked about whats the deal with 'flags'? Just try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. Click the link above and type in What is flagging? The ATS Search feature is your friend!

Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

edit on 4/3/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Welcome to the forums!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

hi druid.
thanks for the welcome.
okay....i'm happy to discuss my beliefs: any particular questions?
what sort of 'pagan' are you?
Christie

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
thank you johnny anonymous.
yes, i looked into ATS a little before signing up (b.o.d, history, controversies etc), so i was familiar with the creed.
i'll do my best to follow the rules.

C.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Christie because: typo

edit on 4-4-2012 by Christie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hi Christie, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. I think I like you already!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join