It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

abominatio nasci autumnum

page: 1

join
share:
Odd

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
These words have appeared at the bottom of the blacklabyrinth page...

Abominatio likely meaning "abomination", nasci being Latin for "to be born" or "to spring forth", and autumnum being uncertain but probably meaning "autumn", I think we can expect a monster to spring forth this Fall.

If this is a game, it appeals to me much more than the previous two... let's just stay away from the numbers this time!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.stavacademy.co.uk...

Try here?

Sanc'.

Odd

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yep, I'm certain about the first two words, but autumnum doesn't seem to have a direct translation. I'll ask my girlfriend tonight; she speaks the language.

Let's keep an eye on this

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Autumn or Fall?

Maybe calendar months. Which calender?
My head hurts,

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
one infinite

abomination arise autumn

U think this is about drjim or the new upcoming game?

Odd

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is new. HUNT_ADMIN informed us that this has nothing to do with DrJim in a thread not far from here.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i've been looking all over the site for
d-jim stuff, durning that time, i've seen many
avatar"s from some of the rel. threads, and
some from the mason threads,it look's alot
like some of these avatars. anyone think
about what the thing in center is, all i've
seen anyone post was minator, that's from
a greek story?

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Fiorina 161]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
well, it looks a little like an eye in a triangle which would point toward the illuminati...

where the maze/labyrinth comes into it I have no idea..

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Minotaur was a monster with the body of a man and the head of a bull. Its parents were a bull and Pasiphae. Pasiphae was the wife of King Minos of Crete.

The myth tells that Minotaur was kept in an inescapable maze and seven women as a sacrifice called the Labyrinth by Minos. Minos gave Minotaur seven men. Theseus was a Greek hero. Minos' daughter, Ariodne, gave Theseus some string. Theseus tied thestring at the end of the Labyrinth and walked until he found the Minotaur . After a long battle, Theseus defeated the Minotaur. He then followed the string out of the Labyrinth.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
My analysis of the text on IgnoranceDenied:

Oh, couldn't the people that make these games pick up a Latin dictionary and grammar book?

"Unus infinitas" = one infinity
This should be "Una infinitas", because infinitas is feminine. Unus is the masculine form of the adjective "unus, una, unum".

"abominatio nasci autumnum" the horror (is?) to begin (in?) autumn
I think they wanted to signify a time with autumnum, but the accusativus is only for lengths of time, e.g. "multos annos illic habitabat" = he lived there for many years. A point in time, like "in autumn", requires an ablativus temporis: "autumno" instead of "autumnum". I don't think nascor can be used as a transitive verb, which it seems to be if autumnus is meant as accusativus. None of the six possible translations of nascor in my dictionary are transitive.

I'm going to let them get away with the NcI-construction (nominativus cum infinitivo), although that officially requires another verb. I've seen Tacitus use an AcI (accusativus cum infinitivo) without a verb, so I guess that a NcI without a verb is sometimes allowed as well.

I will probably not participate in this game, because of the conflicts between me being FSME and moderator on IgnoranceDenied and playing this game. Maybe Hunt_Admin can clear this up. Anyway, I just couldn't stand seeing the mistakes in the text.

[edit on 25-9-2004 by amantine]

Odd

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The words at the bottom now read "abominatio nascitur autumno", and the title is now "Una Infinitas"... it appears that the language has been corrected to true Latin.

Additionally, the font in which "Una Infinitas" is written has been changed... I doubt this is of any consequence, but details, as we know, can be important.

The source code remains, as of this time, free of hidden clues... the maze has remained the same since day one as well, although I think we all expected this.

Keep on searching!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
If this is a game, it appeals to me much more than the previous two... let's just stay away from the numbers this time!

I humbly and nonmathematically agree.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thought this logo from a Jewish Frat or Sorority House was interesting

dolphin.upenn.edu...

same eye in pyramid and cresent moon thingy

[edit on 28-10-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Interesting. Here is some info from their site. Maybe it will help

----------------------------
Chabad the philosophy was formulated in the 1700�s by Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi. Chabad Chassidism made the deepest teachings of the Torah, Kabbala and Jewish mysticism accessible to the average person in an intellectual manner, which brought incredible meaning and purpose to the age-old traditions of Judaism. A complex theology, Chabad Chassidism teaches a deeper perspective on man, his Creator and the world in which we live; infusing it�s students with a profound sense of purpose and mission.
---------------------------------------------
The logo os for the organization "Birthright Israel"
www.birthrightisrael.com...

Just a strange coincidence I believe.

[edit on 10/31/2004 by infinite8]

new topics

top topics

join