It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you consider yourself Australian?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would hate to be a migrant in Australia, it seems worse with racists than the USA ;(

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Most of these racial posts I have seen here, were started by white Australians...and every time the unbelievable irony is pointed out, you still don't seem to bat an eyelash. Cracks me up.
I hate to think in terms of white, black, brown or whatever but white people are seriously setting themselves up to get their ass kicked by the entire world.
edit on 3-4-2012 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Embrace the diversity my Aussie friend..

Then again what would I know.. I only belong to the most diverse nation on earth.. And no I do not consider myself Australian... for obvious reasons..

Also...

Originally posted by Jace26

Originally posted by boncho
Canadian...

Please no one comment if your not from Australia, thanks.

Perhaps if you did not want outside opinions... You shouldn't have posted this on a website with international membership..
edit on 3-4-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

I wanted to ask this since, I just got back from late night (shops) and there were a lot of Islanders, Asians, Arabs, and Africans and it sorta made me feel like an outsider in my own country.

Not easy being the White Devil is it?

I'm white too.... Australia is no more your country than America is mine.
There were people there long before "whitey" rode into town. LoL

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I was born in Australia and I am white.
I will NEVER drive a v8 ute with a Southern Cross sticker on it,
I'll never strut around with a pair of those stupid board shorts with the Aussie flag all over them.
Patriotism is for International sport and thats about it!
meat pies give me reflux,
all the islanders I know are like brothers to me,
we've got room for many more people from many more countries.
If I'd just moved to a strange country, I'd be hanging out with my fellow immigrants too!
I have felt intimidated at various train stations when surrounded by large groups of rowdy Africans but definitely no more intimidated than them when they first moved here.
Allan Jones (the radio presenter that regularly fans the race fire) is a total @$$hole.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hey everyone, as the title says I wanted to see who considers themselves to be Australian,

Aye, put another shrimp on the barbie mate!

Please no one comment if your not from Australia, thanks.

Oh. [puts hands in pockets, kicks can on ground]

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I would hate to be a migrant in Australia, it seems worse with racists than the USA ;(

Looks like ATS is infiltrated by White Nation trolls. It is comforting to know that in reality multiculturalism is flourishing and the trolls are a dying breed in Australia

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Sorry but even White Australian isn't Australian. I love this country but we did the typical English thing and slaughtered the natives and took their land.

I'm ashamed to be Australian. Especially with our current government.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

And you know absolutely nothing, unsurprisingly.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillrise77
OK, Born in Australia, Live in Australia but am I Australian????

Sadly No, well at least I don't consider myself to be. My heritage is Bavarian, Maori and a bit of Welsh.
I am of the opinion that unless you are of Aboriginal descent you are an Immigrant to this country.

Oh, Word to the wise. Asking for an opinion on a public forum and stating you only want certain responses never works. Everyone is entitled to comment on any thread.... "At least unless the Mods don't like it"

Damn you Boncho, you beat me to it!!!!
edit on 3-4-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: Boncho

That theory would work, but unfortunately for you Australia does have its own culture and heritage, the British built this country, then developed a unique identity in Australia. Without that "culture" immigrants would never be able to come here, so they should integrate into the culture they accepted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't your British who built this country rejected from their own by the Queens Rule???
Wasn't there Immigrants in Australia during the Eureka Stockade??? Mainly Irish and Chinese who were segregated from the supposed Australians??? If I recall that was in the 1800's...
Australia has been racially diverse for a very long time.
Also Australia was basically a clone of Britain culture wise, right up until the 1940's when the Europeans came over. If anything I think they are responsible for a lot of the culture which you call "Australian".

By the way, I grew up on a Dairy Farm,
I enjoy a Barbie and a Beer,
I used to play Footy when I was younger,
I've been to a few B&S Balls,
I've lived here all my life....
I have assimilated and yet I still don't call myself an Australian. You have a problem with that??

What specific things make YOU an Australian???

Ohhhh, I am WHITE!!!!

edit on 3-4-2012 by Wewillrise77 because: Whitey in the house....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Considering you are being so confrontational towards everyone, here have some of your own medicine

This is what a true Australian looks like....

They are not true Australians, a true Australian matters in your heart and mind. Many white people love this land just as much as any Indigenous person. We don't need to prove anything to them, they merely lived a nomadic lifestyle here before the first fleet. They have recieved far too much recognition, and payment for something they never actually owned.

I think that this is your best post! Well said.

You are somewhat estranged and it feels like you are not a good fit in your own country, whereas if you softened your stance and became a little more proactive about helping people assimilate you would have a much better picture.

I'm lucky to live in an affluent suburb next to the Melbourne CBD and I work in the CBD so I see the melting pot on a level playing field. I see people integrate and show pride in our home. If I travel to some suburbs and especially if I lived in frustrating or even dangerous circumstances it would be easy to have negative beliefs based on many unwanted stereotypes, but as it stands I see the good side of multiculturalism.

That being said, I have friends who have lived here all their lives and they stick with their own kind. They always argue that Australia has no culture and that only Aboriginals can be Australian. (Ironically these are the last people to ever lift a finger for the aboriginal). I find that the people who see fit to exclude themselves - be they from some part of Africa, Punjab, Lebanon, Jewish, Freemasons, are very racist / classist you know... Race is on their mind and the simpletons amongst them play the race card, while the apologists take an anti-white stance regardless of the issue and opposed racists jump at the chance to be part of the ugly drama.

People, just try to be even minded about the realities.
There are Aussies who chose to move here who are better than any aboriginal.
There are plenty of Africans who are loving the way they feel included in a place they can call home, which is safe and will support their children's children and on.. for a very long time.
There is a culture which the British created. You can see it in the law and order, the fine buildings and lack of corruption. The wealth that people come to Australia to enjoy was created by Australia's inhabitants before them. They should respect this. It is exactly what they came to Australia for.

The problem is that minorities can have nasty group identities and lie to themselves. They invent reasons why Australia belongs to them equally while they reap the benefits but undermine the value with their poison.

Be careful not to hate. Take each person as they come. Don't suffer fools. This is how our culture was created and why we will keep going from strength to strength. You don't have to be Anglo to understand. You just need to be given a chance.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by phalanx001

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by phalanx001

Did you witness the Cronulla riots? - Anglos gang bashing everyone?

You are obviously close minded to the facts of that incident as evidenced by your last statement. You fail to mention what they were "Reacting" to. Admittedly the reaction was over the top (so there you go I did not condone or endorse the reaction it was over the top ... so don't pull that BS with me) but I dare you to explain what behaviour was being reacted to? The lifeguards and all the other incidents leading up to that bad day?

Using the term Anglo's is also racist. Review the footage there were other "Races" with the "Anglo's" as you put it.

Yeah, there were alien 'lebs' playing football on the beach ... The lifeguards found it offensive that the ball was round and that the 'alien' game was referred to as 'soccer' - so they provoked a fight and involved the white power gangs situated in Cronulla, chanting 'white power' - leading the way into the 21st century.

You should perhaps board a plane a visit the cultures you're studying - will broaden your horizons.

I'm out, this thread is sickening.

That is a bold faced lie. This is the ground you stand n when you attempt to bash a country with 20 million people. You overestimate your worth. Most people who have an opinion try to stick with facts and avoid being subjected to brain washing; causing lies, like yours...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I had read a book, about some lady who went walkabout with the origonal Australians and they told her they were no longer interested in living here anymore....(Thats on this planet by the way......)so they are going to die off.................... I would say that is pretty disenfranchised wouldnt you?

I would say that is very common. Aboriginals play the political game very well. You read a book from a lady who was fed some line and you believe it without question. They know all about that. You are their bitch.

Go ahead and blame TBTB in Australia for disenfranchising aboriginals by continually giving them hand-outs and promoting the victim mindset. They've all but estranged aboriginal's from main stream Australia by fostering a complete lack of personal responsibility amongst aboriginals. They are far more "stone age" now then they were a few 100 years ago. The people who are being named "racist" are naturally inclined to have a strong affection towards aboriginals but we were beaten badly by the bad guys and unfortunately most aboriginals are affected, as are the actual racists (usually those who play the race card).

I think you will keep subscribing to the PC rhetoric and play the sheeple games of TPTB.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You're not welcome here. You already can't handle yourself in USA, so why should anyone believe you are capable of doing better in Australia.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

no one owns any land on this planet.

hahaha, that's great mate.

Can I have your address? I would like to move in. I'm sure you have no problems with this. Nobody owns the land. I have a dozen friends coming with me. We drink a bit but it's okay. We will share our beer with you. Somebody will wipe the blood off you when you are bashed and that's a given, as we are living in your world and you like to see your ideals become reality.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Please by all means quote me where I was racist? I've had a lot of people on this thread say I am, but no one has been able to quote me on anything?
edit on 3-4-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

I stated the thread was racist.

Of course you are playing a major part in this racisim right from your opening post. Your attitude is truly disgusting.
In your OP you state

I wanted to see who considers themselves to be Australian, specifically those who are non-white / I just got back from late night (shops) and there were a lot of Islanders, Asians, Arabs, and Africans and it sorta made me feel like an outsider in my own country

so you seem to be trying to figure out why non-whites think they can consider themselves australian. its perfectly plausible that all these folks you seen on your trip to the shops were in fact australian, yet they look different to you and you think you have a right to ask them why they think they are australian because of their skin type.

i am not going to go through every post you made to show you how racist you are. we could make a whole thread out of that.

you even finish your days contribution off by stating

Its been more than long enough for supposed 2- 3 generations to be born but still nothing? Or am I just blind?
. so you actually admit that it is most lightly australians you are talking about, its just they are different skin type and they are not integrating enough??? what should they be doing? you don't make that clear. should they be taken medicine to lighten their skin colour or something?
seeing as you didn't go into any detail on your trip to the shops, you merely stated how you came across other people with different skin type , you were clearly juding these people by how they looked. you listed the different races you seen. you judged them by their appearance. like i said already your attitude is disgusting.

you re-show a picture of an aboriginal and state they received money for something they never owned. maybe they really recieved the money for the massacres of Aboriginal Australians. MASSACRES that even continued after your wonderful australia was formed in 1901.

no one owns any land on this planet. the deeds are useless bits of paper. we are supposed to look after the land for generations to come not massacre people over it.

i can't understand people who feel uncomfortable with members of their own species on this planet just because they are different colors. its so embarressing. we are truly an ignorant and backward species.

you meet other human beings at the shop that are different skin type and you feel like an outsider? where from ? planet Jace? grow up.

It seems you are looking too hard my friend for something that is simply not there. How is pointing out large numbers of non-white people at the shops linked to "racial superiority?". All I did was say I felt like an outsider, they walk around talking in foreign languages, acting like it is their country (but in a bad way).

I have no idea if they consider themselves Australian, which is why I made this thread to see if I could get a non-white opinion on the matter. But still not a single person has come on here, what do you think that says?

Where on earth did you get "light-coloured" from me saying "2-3 generations but still nothing"????
I'm talking about their identity, many Lebanese have been born in Australia but they drive around with Lebanese flags on their bonnets?
Once again you are looking too hard for something that is not there.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Once again another idiot comes on here screaming racism. Where in my OP was I racist??
Australia is different from America, you guys have been ethnically diverse for hundreds of years. We've only recently experienced large numbers of non-white immigration in the last 10 years or so.

So please tell me where I was expressing "racial superiority?"

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Most of these racial posts I have seen here, were started by white Australians...and every time the unbelievable irony is pointed out, you still don't seem to bat an eyelash. Cracks me up.
I hate to think in terms of white, black, brown or whatever but white people are seriously setting themselves up to get their ass kicked by the entire world.
edit on 3-4-2012 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

What other racial posts?
All I have seen is Travyon Martin and Zimmerman, which were all American threads.

This isn't a racial post so to speak, if your looking to troll got to the above mentioned threads. Here I want to know if non-white people consider themselves Australian, but no everyone comes out yelling I'm a racist. Like wtf, it seems your the ones who have the problem.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Thats in America not Australia, so far we have seen a massive influx of immigrants yet none have integrated?

I know this is an international thread, but if you don't know anything about Quantum Physics would you comment on a Quantum Physics thread? NO, so why would you comment here?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by Jace26

I wanted to ask this since, I just got back from late night (shops) and there were a lot of Islanders, Asians, Arabs, and Africans and it sorta made me feel like an outsider in my own country.

Not easy being the White Devil is it?

I'm white too.... Australia is no more your country than America is mine.
There were people there long before "whitey" rode into town. LoL

I'm not white.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join