It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you consider yourself Australian?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by phalanx001

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by phatpackage. Without doubt Aboriginals are the earliest known inhabitants of the country now known as Australia but definitely not the first Australians as it did not "officially exist as an independent nation before 1901.

thats disgusting. thats one of the most racist comments i have seen.

trying to ignore the history of a country before 1901.

people did not officially exist before 1901.

i know eactly the kind of person you are to make a statement like that.

Piss off with calling everyone a racist. Australia wasn't "Australia" as it is today beofre 1901. 1901 was when Australia as we know it was created, albeit a bit different. All teh states joined to become Australia. Did you not read the rest of his comment stating that everyone else who has been born or were alive during/after 1901 are Australians? He is not racist. take your propaganda elsewhere please.

And the people that lived here before 1901? They are 'stone age' aliens right? So the British invaded and colonized a continent and called itmaustralia so now the parks in Queensland should be policed so people with darker skin colour should not practice 'foreign' traditions. Basically anyone that does not fit in the 'white' post-1901 Australian 'definition' is a threat. LOL wake up and smell the roses mate.

I, nor anyone else stated what you are implying. people are free to practice their religion and tradition, there isn't a problem. I only have a problem when they disrespect others, and break the law. Have you ever witnessed Africans attempt to gang bash another person? There is clearly racial tensions in modern Australian society and it is bound to get worse before it gets better. Please do not play the racist card. I am not racist. I am an avid student of Muay Thai, so i clearly respect the traditions and cultures of other countries and races.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Originally posted by phatpackage. Without doubt Aboriginals are the earliest known inhabitants of the country now known as Australia but definitely not the first Australians as it did not "officially exist as an independent nation before 1901.

What kind of drugs are you on. I never said anything about people. I said the "Country" You have got some front. You are a disgrace I stated facts on when Australia as a nation existed and when "Australian Citizenship" was created. You goose!

you are a disgusting horrid racist. you state the aborignals were there before 1901 but australia didn't officially exist until after 1901 and so the aborignals didn't officially exist.

Aboriginals are the earliest known inhabitants of the country now known as Australia but definitely not the first Australians as it did not "officially exist as an independent nation before 1901.

you state nothing about citizenship in the above statement. stop trying to make excuses.

the racisim expressed in the thread is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

But I don't understand why they need to all come together, if they were integrated then they shouldn't feel the need to congregate. The Indigenous maintain their own identity but at the same time most acknowledge white people as being Australian. They know that without them this country would have been wiped out during WW2.
The Indigenous aren't stuck in the Stone Age anymore, and they have the British to thank for that, and while it may sound wrong to say their culture is "stone age material", you can't deny it either. Actually it isn't a racist remark because did you know Indigenous activists have been campaigning for years to get the constitution tweaked because it currently says Aborigines are a collective race, to which they have campaigned for it to say it is a cultural identity.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Considering you are being so confrontational towards everyone, here have some of your own medicine

This is what a true Australian looks like....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

What kind of drugs are you on. I never said anything about people. I said the "Country" You have got some front. You are a disgrace I stated facts on when Australia as a nation existed and when "Australian Citizenship" was created. You goose!

you are a disgusting horrid racist. you state the aborignals were there before 1901 but australia didn't officially exist until after 1901 and so the aborignals didn't officially exist.

Aboriginals are the earliest known inhabitants of the country now known as Australia but definitely not the first Australians as it did not "officially exist as an independent nation before 1901.

you state nothing about citizenship in the above statement. stop trying to make excuses.

You are viewing this one-sided, the same can be said with the British, Scottish, Irish and Europeans who were in Australia before 1901. He said that when 1901 came to pass, everyone there automatically became Australian, as we are today regardless of their race or heritage. He is not being racist!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

There were no Australians before 1901. Period. Not of any race. Read it again! Australia as a nation did not exist not people. As I stated the first fleet settlers were not the first Australians either! You have repeatedly and unjustly used the "racist" label more than once in this thread. You are completely wrong and a disgusting, lying piece of slime of a person for making up straight out lies about people!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Not a single country existed in Australia before 1901, before that time it was just a collection of scattered British colonies and before that an undeveloped land where nomadic tribes competed for food.
Everyone in this country is an immigrant even the Aborigines its only the time difference in which we came. Aborigines migrated here from South-East Asia ten or twenty thousand years ago, Europeans migrated here over 400 years ago, while Chinese migrated here 150 years ago, and today we have new people coming in.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Considering you are being so confrontational towards everyone, here have some of your own medicine

This is what a true Australian looks like....

They are not true Australians, a true Australian matters in your heart and mind. Many white people love this land just as much as any Indigenous person. We don't need to prove anything to them, they merely lived a nomadic lifestyle here before the first fleet. They have recieved far too much recognition, and payment for something they never actually owned.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Piss off with calling everyone a racist. Australia wasn't "Australia" as it is today beofre 1901. 1901 was when Australia as we know it was created, albeit a bit different. All teh states joined to become Australia. Did you not read the rest of his comment stating that everyone else who has been born or were alive during/after 1901 are Australians? He is not racist. take your propaganda elsewhere please.

And the people that lived here before 1901? They are 'stone age' aliens right? So the British invaded and colonized a continent and called itmaustralia so now the parks in Queensland should be policed so people with darker skin colour should not practice 'foreign' traditions. Basically anyone that does not fit in the 'white' post-1901 Australian 'definition' is a threat. LOL wake up and smell the roses mate.

I, nor anyone else stated what you are implying. people are free to practice their religion and tradition, there isn't a problem. I only have a problem when they disrespect others, and break the law. Have you ever witnessed Africans attempt to gang bash another person? There is clearly racial tensions in modern Australian society and it is bound to get worse before it gets better. Please do not play the racist card. I am not racist. I am an avid student of Muay Thai, so i clearly respect the traditions and cultures of other countries and races.

This was originally posted by jace on page 3 (along with a whole heap of other posts with a racist undertone)

The Africans my parents saw in the park wouldn't have bothered my parents if they were celebrating Australia day or something, but they were not. They were congregating in a park practicing African traditions, what type of effect do you think that has when we see that.

Your post then appears to justify Jace's view by stating that Australia only acquired country-hood (not sure if that's a word) in 1901. Thus only those that 'created' Australia are 'Australian'. Of course one could argue that this is an ignorat view and that in fact the creators invaded and occupied a continent.

Did you witness the Cronulla riots? - Anglos gang bashing everyone? No doubt they would have bashed Jace if he expressed his Croatian herritage ... Where do you draw the line? Should we generalize all Anglos as racists? One could argue that there is prevalence of crime amongst certain ethnic minorities in Australia (in fact I remember reading a detailed report that did just that but I'm too lazy to find it on google) - but to ask the question whether I have witnessed 'Africans gang bashing people.' is an outright generilasitation implying that all Africans are bad. There is good and bad in all races.

It is attitude like yours that brings out the worst in people.
edit on 3/4/2012 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by phalanx001

If you go a little further, you will actually find that I said Africans are quite lovely people who dress absolutely beautifully. I'm sorry if you misinterpretated my post, I welcome Africans to Australia just like any other person willing to become Australian. But thats just it, integration isn't too much to ask for, is it?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Did you witness the Cronulla riots? - Anglos gang bashing everyone?

You are obviously close minded to the facts of that incident as evidenced by your last statement. You fail to mention what they were "Reacting" to. Admittedly the reaction was over the top (so there you go I did not condone or endorse the reaction it was over the top ... so don't pull that BS with me) but I dare you to explain what behaviour was being reacted to? The lifeguards and all the other incidents leading up to that bad day?

Using the term Anglo's is also racist. Review the footage there were other "Races" with the "Anglo's" as you put it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

If you go a little further, you will actually find that I said Africans are quite lovely people who dress absolutely beautifully. I'm sorry if you misinterpretated my post, I welcome Africans to Australia just like any other person willing to become Australian. But thats just it, integration isn't too much to ask for, is it?

Jace, that's back-pedaling mate. I honestly think that you don't really mean bad, but you're definitely misinformed. You really need to think before you articulate a point or post or speak.

Tis is making me sick. I'm out.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

This was originally posted by jace on page 3 (along with a whole heap of other posts with a racist undertone)

The Africans my parents saw in the park wouldn't have bothered my parents if they were celebrating Australia day or something, but they were not. They were congregating in a park practicing African traditions, what type of effect do you think that has when we see that.

Your post then appears to justify Jace's view by stating that Australia only acquired country-hood (not sure if that's a word) in 1901.

How does that justify Jace's point of view? Besides, it isn't Jace's point of view, he clearly stated "My parents." Read what is being written, not what you want to read.

Thus only those that 'created' Australia are in 'Australian'. Did you witness the Cronulla riots? - Anglos gang bashing everyone? Should we generalize all Anglos as racists?
It wasn't only Anglos rioting.

One could argue that there is prevalence of crime amongst certain ethnic minorities in Australia (in fact I remember reading a detailed report that did just that but I'm too lazy to find it on google) - but to ask the question whether I have witnessed 'Africans gang bashing people.' is an outright generilasitation implying that all Africans are bad. There is good and bad in all races.
No, it isn't, you are reading what you want to believe

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

That will do thank you. Let's all step back and cool down a bit.

If you want to post in the thread, please do so without anger and obviously without accusations and name-calling.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
ATTENTION ALL

That will do thank you. Let's all step back and cool down a bit.

If you want to post in the thread, please do so without anger and obviously without accusations and name-calling.

Thank you.

Sure thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You are obviously close minded to the facts of that incident as evidenced by your last statement. You fail to mention what they were "Reacting" to. Admittedly the reaction was over the top (so there you go I did not condone or endorse the reaction it was over the top ... so don't pull that BS with me) but I dare you to explain what behaviour was being reacted to? The lifeguards and all the other incidents leading up to that bad day?

Using the term Anglo's is also racist. Review the footage there were other "Races" with the "Anglo's" as you put it.

Yeah, there were alien 'lebs' playing football on the beach ... The lifeguards found it offensive that the ball was round and that the 'alien' game was referred to as 'soccer' - so they provoked a fight and involved the white power gangs situated in Cronulla, chanting 'white power' - leading the way into the 21st century.

You should perhaps board a plane a visit the cultures you're studying - will broaden your horizons.

I'm out, this thread is sickening.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Yeah, there were alien 'lebs' playing football on the beach ... The lifeguards found it offensive that the ball was round and that the 'alien' game was referred to as 'soccer' - so they provoked a fight and involved the white power gangs situated in Cronulla, chanting 'white power' - leading the way into the 21st century.

You should perhaps board a plane a visit the cultures you're studying - will broaden your horizons.

Your summation is clearly wrong and propaganda. Come on name all the incidents and the tension created! What "White Power" gangs as you put it?

By the way I will lay money I have travelled this planet more extensively than you ever have.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
When I was growing up we had the Greasers, the spics, the itis and all the rest of them. Not nice but that is what the Greeks, Polish, Italians etc were called. They went to their own suburbs in droves. Their children however went to school with all Aussie kids, they integrated! There were problems! Attempted arranged marriage, children working etc etc etc.

It takes time and at least a generation to merge cultures. Australia is a multicultural country and we do it well. Eventually the Muslim radicals will get the message that Sharia law will never exist in this country. There are problems with whom we let in.

A boat person who is supposedly a goat herder on $20.00 a month could not have paid tens of thousands of dollars to get here and yet they manage it. The PC twits get sucked in because they are brain dead. Many that are getting in were formerly drug runners and they like. They are one of the few groups that can afford the cost of the journey. It will fix itself if history repeats.

P

I respectfully disagree, the Greeks and Italians were able to integrate over a generation or two because Europeans (well I have found) tend to have a similiar culture.
Ever noticed how many children Muslims have?
Ever noticed how much crime Africans bring?
These are issues which probably won't be solved in a generation or two, I think.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

How is my question "poorly chosen"? All I want to know is if non-white people consider themselves Australian or not. If you live in another country then it obviously does not apply to you.

Maybe next time, thread title: "Questions for Australians."

But, others will still answer I'm sure, as the internet is not just limited to Australia. And this is also not an Australian forum.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

While I do agree there are two sides to every story, please remember we were having trouble with the Lebanese long before 2005.
Remember the Lebanese gang rapes in 2000? That was BEFORE 9/11 mind you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join