It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Universe and Transgendered Contestants: A Tricky Social Issue

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
[SNIP]

- The patient is getting peace of mind and happiness. WIN

- The doctor helped bring happiness to the patients life, and was monetarily compensated for her efforts. WIN

For the most sick person involved I vote for option #3... the unrelated person who gets involved even if the case doesn't involve them, and who formulates an opinion based on ignorance.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I got one
who is crazier/nuts/sick
the person who gets
there schmeckle cut off,
or the doctors cutting off the schmeckle?

Your scmeck stays.

They just turn it inside out.

I performed an autopsy on a sex reasignment patient.

It fooled the heck outa me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
To allow something that was born male to enter a pageant for women, is a hell of a kick in the teeth to all those young women who have worked hard at following their dreams of some day winning the title, "Miss Universe"!
Most have spent their younger years entering local contests, just in the hope that some day they might be chosen to represent their country in the Miss Universe competition.
For some guy who has had a 'snip and tuck' and who knows what else done, to enter a female competition of any kind, should not be allowed, period! No matter what a male gets done in order to pass as a female, he is still a male and always will be!
I don't know what has happened to Trump, though perhaps he has found a way to make millions of dollars out of this nonesense. Surely if he's into this sort of stuff, with his money he can easily sponsor a pageant for these female wannabees!
To those who decide to respond to my personal opinion by calling me all sorts of derogatory names, go right ahead, as I just don't give a darn! Women were meant to be women, and men were meant to be men!
edit on 5-4-2012 by Bkrmn because: Typo error.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

I dont see what all the comotion is aboot!

Got to wonder about the fact the that best looking woman in Canada used to be a man though

Did you know she lists her hobbies as searching for world peace, a love of all animals and enjoys pottering about in her shed

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Consider that those women may have worked hard..

But being born male, is it not possible that she worked way harder?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

There is actually a small group of people and growing around the United States, where people take up being caped crusaders out to help the public and watch out for crimes being comited, some of them work in conjunction with the police.
Some say that is cooky, but I think that's rather cool. It's always nice to see people take intelligent stands in the most unusual ways to make the world a better place.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
To allow something that was born male to enter a pageant for women, is a hell of a kick in the teeth to all those young women who have worked hard at following their dreams of some day winning the title, "Miss Universe"!
Most have spent their younger years entering local contests, just in the hope that some day they might be chosen to represent their country in the Miss Universe competition.
For some guy who has had a 'snip and tuck' and who knows what else done, to enter a female competition of any kind, should not be allowed, period! No matter what a male gets done in order to pass as a female, he is still a male and always will be!
I don't know what has happened to Trump, though perhaps he has found a way to make millions of dollars out of this nonesense. Surely if he's into this sort of stuff, with his money he can easily sponsor a pageant for these female wannabees!
To those who decide to respond to my personal opinion by calling me all sorts of derogatory names, go right ahead, as I just don't give a darn! Women were meant to be women, and men were meant to be men!

It's a kick in the teeth for you to arrogantly refer to the subject as a "something."

You may revere and worship the vanity promoted by pageants such as this, but I for one find it demeaning to all women. Being a woman isn't about who looks best in a bikini or who can strut her stuff down a runway in an evening gown, and to promote and encourage those stereotypes is disrespectful to all women.

We're all different, and there is no universal way to determine what a "real woman" is. NONE. In very simple terms, a woman is just a human with a vagina. The topic of discussion has one, and I accept that as her "qualification" regardless of how it came to exist.

Feel free to beat your chest like an ape to defend your male ego and attack those who reject being male, but in the end it's all just a show. You attack her now because she is transsexual. If she didn't transition, you would attack her for being a gay man. Rather than dictate that others should follow imaginary social constructs based on sex, let's respect their freedom to pursue their dreams and live a happy life.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Sometimes the Truth defies rationality. Truth is like Mercury, for sometimes it is observable and Reason delights in it, yet, at other times, it burns with the Secret Fire that only the Reasonless Heart can delight in which sets the soul aflame and shines in the world.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
1. Beauty contests are as outdated as homophobia, so who gives a damn.

2. That said, change the rules to naturally born women and it ends any discussion right there.

3. Yikes. he or she or....whatever is cute. I wonder if I have ever....oh, god, nevermind!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the real issue here is how a dude is more beautiful than canadian women apparently.

if he can win that competition without anybody knowing, good for him.

but if the rules say "born a woman" than thats that. shut up and leave because you didnt follow the rules.

and it doesnt matter if you "have always felt like a woman though" because i cant enter a dog show and claim "but ive always felt like a dog".

go have a tranny pageant if you dont like the rules of the regular ones. at some point society has to learn that not everybody gets everything that they want just because they want it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I have Klinefelter's. I was born XXy with seemingly normal male genitalia. Raised as male i developed gender dysphoria around puberty and suffered with it until my 30's when i transitioned to female. All my early adolecence and teen years i was mistaken for female, until my 20's when i began bodybuilding and testosterone to make myself appear more masculine. This did not work the dysphoria got worse and i eventually had to transition or i would have most likely killed myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarmagnolia
reply to post by Miraj

I have Klinefelter's. I was born XXy with seemingly normal male genitalia. Raised as male i developed gender dysphoria around puberty and suffered with it until my 30's when i transitioned to female.

Thanks for sharing. Whatever your thoughts on the original intent of the thread, the tenor of the conversation is telling.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If you acknowledge the ability to change your sex with surgery than you are challenging God's choice of our genders. Even though you are right to call out the judgement you must acknowledge that by him changing his gender he in affect made a statement that says, "God you were wrong, but the surgery can fix that." God is never wrong.

We are God's workmanship, his masterpiece, he knew each of us before we were born. Do you really think the ever knowing and ever powerful God would make a mistake about someones gender? If you believe him to be perfect then no he couldn't have.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
reply to post by sonnny1

If you acknowledge the ability to change your sex with surgery than you are challenging God's choice of our genders. Even though you are right to call out the judgement you must acknowledge that by him changing his gender he in affect made a statement that says, "God you were wrong, but the surgery can fix that." God is never wrong.

We are God's workmanship, his masterpiece, he knew each of us before we were born. Do you really think the ever knowing and ever powerful God would make a mistake about someones gender? If you believe him to be perfect then no he couldn't have.

Gender is a social construct. I believe you are referring to biological sex.

I openly challenge your God's decisions and will debate him anywhere at any time. If he doesn't show up, am I to conclude that he doesn't stand behind his product?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

God doesn't respond to tests like the one you are putting forth to him. Deutoronomy 6:16.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

Until "God" is ready to speak for himself, keep him out of threads not concerning him.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I will do as I please sir, this debate transcends lines that include my faith. I respect your opinions just like I expect you to respect my opinions. If you don't like hearing about the word that's fine don't read my post then, I am a christian and such I will take the Lord's side in arguments. If you really want to debate God so bad, then read the bible and compare your views against his word. But starting an argument on here about my faith is not my intended goal for this thread. From now on I will ignore your posts because you seem to have nothing to add and just want to tear down my beliefs. Have a good day sir and hopefully you let God into your life one day.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I would wonder who god is more concerned about.

The Transsexual Woman, or Man that is just trying to live a relatively peaceful and normal life, in the process not really hurting or bothering anyone.

Or the people sit around and turn devolve when confronted with such issues, and scream and yell about the fags, and do everything in their power to insult that person's existence.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarmagnolia

Thanks for sharing. This is what I meant.. It's not clear as to what's what. Genetics are not static. They shift and they change.. Clearly for you there was a genetic component.. Which I would wonder about other people with Klinefelter's. As I've read some posts about gender therapists commenting that they had increasing numbers of Klinefelter's patients.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join