It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Universe and Transgendered Contestants: A Tricky Social Issue

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

wow was I the only one who thought it was the other one who was the transgenedered?

She's kinda hot lol... if only i could get over her having a penis =/

still tho. No big deal... well maybe it is a big deal.. but still

Why Not? If this makes her happy.. let HER BE WHO EVER SHE WANTS TO BE!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

The blonde (on the right) is the sujbect. I don't find her that attractive? Even without knowing the sordid details, I wouldn't find her all that attractive? The brunette (on the left) is much, much moreso in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

My sincere respect goes out to you for taking the time and effort to research the subject with an open mind.

~V~

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by truthinfact

The blonde (on the right) is the sujbect. I don't find her that attractive? Even without knowing the sordid details, I wouldn't find her all that attractive? The brunette (on the left) is much, much moreso in my opinion.

When I used to watch pageants and such, I could never pick the winner, and my only method was simply "Who was the hottest". I gotta hand it to Trump, I would not even know about the Miss Universe pageant if this wasn't part of the show this year, but now that I do know and have seen the women competing, I have to say I have my own favorites and she isn't in my top 5.. which means she will probably do better than if she were in my top 5.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Androgynous Future for "Goys"

We have another reason to fear genetic engineering. The Illuminati plan to use it to re-engineer humanity. They plan to make us androgynous, so that all reproduction will take place artificially, as in the prophetic novel "Brave New World."

FYE "For Your Entertainment"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Ya, my record isn't any better. I can often pick a couple that will make the top 5 ahead of time, but I never pick a winner correctly.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
reply to post by Furbs

My sincere respect goes out to you for taking the time and effort to research the subject with an open mind.

~V~

I am fortunate enough to be partnered with a biological anthropologist, so I assure you, most of the respect should float her way. I just got lucky enough to have been able to attract such a wonderful woman. I am an art historian by education, so I understand academic pursuit, but I would be remised if I didn't acknowledge the privilege I enjoy of being partnered with someone who both suffers my ignorance and expands my intellect with her own education.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Would you find it more acceptable for a person to kill themselves than receive hormone therapy?

The line you draw might as well be with a bullet or a knife.

I think I ought to clarify any disgust or anger I have is about the OP story showing the former man as forcing his/her way into an area where it's about making statements as much or more than anything else.

TG people are people I view very similar to the Gay/Lesbian community. We're all people and I see nothing inherently bad or even wrong.....if their life is kept THEIR life and no put into my face in an attempt to make it mine, too. I don't seek out Gay Pride marches to go protest with Hetero signs...and I absolutely detest the reverse being done.

In this case of a Beauty pageant, it's just absurd. I understand a TG wants every experience of the new gender life they're living. I get that...and I can even sympathize with it. ...just not at anyone else's expense. Plenty of REAL FEMALES enter these things and the competition is fierce...if for NO other reason than that, shoe horning a TG into a FEMALE pageant is just wrong and confrontational beyond justification. It sure has been here.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

How is it ridiculous if its the way I honestly feel? I feel as though I am female in actuality. I have always felt this way,But i live in a area that if i do admit to my family i am female there is a good chance i could be disowned or worse.I cannot relate to my own body as it is right now because it does not match my perception of what I actually am. To a outsider if i was able to change my body and they did not know me would you consider me a lesbian if i was kissing another girl? They would assume I was a lesbian if they did. People need to get over their own hang ups and let people be themselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I'm also christian...

God also made us vulnerable to cancer.

Do we go against God to be cured?

Let HER do what she wants as long as she is happy.

Its about exercising the greatest gift God ever gave humanity.

FREE WILL.

Don't use God to back your own opinion, how do you know what God wants? Your blasphemous and an embarrassment to real Christians.
edit on 4-4-2012 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You are a member of one of these groups:

1) female hetero
2) male hetero
3) female homo
4) male homo
5) female bi
6) male bi
7) female asexual
8) male asexual
9) female transgender hetero
10) male transgender hetero
11) female transgender homo
12) male transgender homo
13) female transgender bi
14) male transgender bi
15) female transgender asexual
16) male transgender asexual
17f) female hermaphrodite hetero (depends on genotype/phenotype combo)
17m) male hermaphrodite hetero (depends on genotype/phenotype combo)
18f) female hermaphrodite homo (depends on genotype/phenotype combo)
18m) male hermaphrodite homo (depends on genotype/phenotype combo)
19f) female hermaphrodite bi
19m) male hermaphrodite bi
20f) female hermaphrodite asexual
20m) male hermaphrodite asexual

Women's beauty pageants have to decide which groups they want to participate in their contests. Strict traditionalists assumed it was always only group 1. Most modern traditionalists assume it's groups 1, 3, 5, or 7.
Contemporary progressives are pushing for 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17f, 18f, 19f, 20f.

edit on 4/4/2012 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by coop039

How is it ridiculous if its the way I honestly feel? I feel as though I am female in actuality. I have always felt this way,But i live in a area that if i do admit to my family i am female there is a good chance i could be disowned or worse.I cannot relate to my own body as it is right now because it does not match my perception of what I actually am. To a outsider if i was able to change my body and they did not know me would you consider me a lesbian if i was kissing another girl? They would assume I was a lesbian if they did. People need to get over their own hang ups and let people be themselves.

Your comment made it sound like you are a man, are you not?
So, you are a man, who is attracted to women. But your description of this completely heterosexual attraction to women is that youre really a lesbian in a mans body?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I can't believe how hostile people are being. If she lives her life as a woman and feels inside she was born in the wrong body then why not. What's the big problem it's only a beauty pageant completely based on looks so where is the issue?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by coop039

Your comment made it sound like you are a man, are you not?
So, you are a man, who is attracted to women. But your description of this completely heterosexual attraction to women is that youre really a lesbian in a mans body?

I know a man we will call Jared. Jared works at the grocery store and has a boyfriend named Berny. Jared and Berny go out to comic book conventions, parties, and have lunch at Baker's Square. Sometimes they have sex and when they do, it is vaginal intercourse.

What is the relationship status of this couple?

Males? Females? Homosexuals? Heterosexuals?

Is one of them gay and one of them straight? Are they both straight? Are they both gay?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Depends on who the vagina belongs too, and what it is constructed of!

It is not nearly as complicated as you make it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Both Bi and have sex with two girls?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If women want to compete with men in a body builder competition, sure but you're at a disadvantage.

A man who has undergone surgery partaking in a beauty contest, sure but again, a disadvantage.

I've heard of girls joining guys wrestling teams which might not be the best for the rest of the guys on the team, some guys just forfeit since they don't want to wrestle a girl, which is understandable. I suppose though getting beat by a transgendered guy in a beauty contest would be a bit odd as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

This will be my last time responding to you since you are having problems comprehending what i am saying. I am a male in body ONLY,and a FEMALE IN MIND AND SPIRIT. I have no money to even start becoming female like i feel I am inside. how hard is it to understand? Anyway i think you are trying to troll me. I swear if someone does not fit the pre conceptions of normal they are automatically wrong or crazy right? I wish i could change my outer appearance to match whats on the inside but circumstances will not allow it. I applaud all those out there with the same problems as me and wish those who can and cannot the best of luck finding happiness. I hope that Woman wins that contest.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Furbs

Depends on who the vagina belongs too, and what it is constructed of!

It is not nearly as complicated as you make it.

To my knowledge, and this is second hand, the vagina was there from birth.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Furbs

Both Bi and have sex with two girls?

They only have sex with each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join