It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weather Is Going Mad.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

gonna be sunny an +11 all week here.

That's what you think....!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

ya we here in canada had that last week! we have no snow in canada this year!!!
imagine that!
we don't know what to do when we wake up early,'cause thats when we shovel the driveway!

all i know is this summer is gonna be worse than our 'non winter'.
my poor garden might be a non issue

We had some snow in east Saskatchewan. That said, I think I'm in the ONLY area of Sask that had any snow. The rest of the prairies are so dry, there have been grass fires already. We only had about 3 feet total, less than usual. It's almost all gone now.

I heard on the news this morning that Japan is having their worst storm in over 50 years. Pummelled by rain, and extremely high winds.

The weather agency issued a tornado warning for the Tokyo area after the storm dumped as much as 6 centimeters (2.4 inches) of rain an hour in central Japan as it crossed from the southwest, with winds gusting up to 140 kilometers (87 miles) an hour. An 82-year-old woman died after being knocked over by the wind and hitting her head, national broadcaster NHK reported.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

what does that mean? its already sunny and 5 degrees at 10 AM.! they call for a thunder storm tonite and sunny and 11-12 all week!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
In Indiana it has been cold for the past 2 days like early winter, now it is hot like mid-summer. We didn't have a winter at all and now the weather is switching from hot to cold every 2-3 days. We don't know whether to wear a sweater or a bathing suit. I'm worried about tornadoes, most of all, with this kind of weather.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm south of Denver and it was in the 80s over the weekend and in the 70s for a while, now there is about 1/2" of ice (from freezing rain overnight) and snow piling in on top of it. Last night, the weather channel had us under a winter storm warning with total accumulation of 12-19" of snow between last night and this evening. Luckily, we only have a few inches of snow so far. The best part of this story? It will be in the 60s tomorrow and 70s for the rest of the week. Weird, right?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Pure shillage

Arctic sea ice loss tied to unusual jet stream patterns

A thread I posted a couple of hours before yours in which I relate a blog post by Dr. Jeff Masters of Weather Underground in which a contributing factor to the odd weather patterns (mild winter in the US and extreme cold in Europe) is discussed.

A couple of interesting studies are cited and some well researched science is explained.

As we say here in Texas, "if you don't like the weather just wait around a few minutes and it'll change..."

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

It's cool brother, we all have our pet peeves. They said 100%? Ha, I'd be frustrated too. I'm fortunate enough to live near a Doppler center and several airports, so the margin for error here is rather slim. Then again, Illinois weather is all over the place. For instance, it reached over 80F today, and it is currently 50F (39F RealFeel). Tornadoes, blizzards, flash floods, hail, sleet, droughts, and the occasional gorgeous day can all happen within a 30-day span.

I use local forecasts when I'm at home, and Accuweather on my phone. If you haven't already utilized Accuweather.com, give it a shot. Oh, and cheers!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Thanks for the tip; at this point, I'd do about anything to know what the actual pressure systems meant to my local area. Sorry again if I came off abrasive. I really hate being an ass.

Back on subject, I'm experiencing some cool weather right as I type. We've been having lightening for two hours with literally five foot spans of rain at random; makes it hard to grab a smoke.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join