It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did Iran Say It Wanted To Kill All Jews?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Last I remember the Iranian government referred to the Zionist regime aka Israel NOT to Jews some would argue that Israel and Jews are indestinguishable, i would say otherwise. Iran has the secon largest population of jews in the middle east outside of Israel/Palastine. I would say that it that Irans statements are somewhat justified in looking at it from their perspective as Israel has attempted in its military campaigns to expand to its historic biblical borders by continued occupation of the west bank and east jerusalem, once occupied sinai, and golgan hieghts, the latter two being returned to syria and egypt

link calling for removal of zionists regime

elderofziyon.blogspot.com...

what im getting at is though is its not the jews that Iran has such a problem with its the government and their expansionalists policies I personally believe if the Palastinians and Israelis take their religious beliefs and past greivences out of the equation they could come together and create a unified republic of Palastine and Israel or Israel and Palastine to let the Israelis feel better about the name. thats just wishful thinking as Israel believes that southern Syria, Sinai Egypt, the West Bank, all of Jordan and NW Saudi Arabia belong to them anyway by divine right and all that good stuff not bashing them though but they should just stop being so aggressive. Israel has a right to its existance just as all the other countries in the region. The best way to cool down all tension in the middle east is for Israel to recognize an Independent Palastine and withdraw all settlements in the west bank, in exchange for open borders to religious sites. To solve the Jerusalem problem they should make the city itself independent like Vatican City but thats how i would fix the problem.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Its a tactic thats been used for a long time. Taking statements from people who do not agree with Israel, it's government and the racist zionist way of thinking, and turn it into anti-semetism to discredit them.

You even see it on this board a lot. If you criticise zionism then you are accused of being anti-semetic.

It's wearing thin.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Forget what they say and look at what they do like mrs h-clinton says on syria whilst the pot was calling the kettle black.

Israel is bombing Muslims everyday and want to destroy the temple mount to bring on the end times and so sure are they of these end times that they have stock piled 400 illegal nukes to wipe us all out if plan 'A' does not work.

True jews do not live in Israel but all the puppet masters have a firm foot in gods promised land and would God not be a bit racist if he said half that these zionists claims he said.

Israel if anything is the devils work and is a threat to world peace and if you want to put the doomsday clock back then may i suggest that hanging bent zionist bankers and removing this land from the jews in the same way as it was given to them would be the way to go.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexei

If they weren't directly stating it, they were indirectly stating out. Iran's dominate Religion is Moslem, and just as not EVERY Iranian is Moslem; not EVERY Moslem wants to kill infidels. Only the radical ones, such as the Brotherhood.

Proof is in the pudding though - here are just a FEW scriptures from their "peaceful" Quran.

The infidels are your sworn enemies Sura 4:101
Prophet, make war on the infidels Sura 66: 9
Never be a helper to the disbelievers Sura 28:86

Infidels are Non-Believers of the Moslem faith. Jews are infidels. Christians are infidels. Buddhists are infidels. Atheists are infidels. Everyone is an infidel; except for Muslims.

So, they want to kill everyone.

Defenders of their faith will not respond to these, instead they will use different tactics to drive attention away from the main point - they will call you a hateful person hating on a "peaceful" religion, or if they do directly respond, it will not be surprising if they lie, as there Quran permits them too - several times - as it is okay to "guard themselves" (Sura 3:28), because what matters is the intention in their hearts (Sura 2:225); and in fact, they even list some circumstances where it is OK to lie (Sura 16:106).

Yet, apparently it is still a peaceful, loving religion.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

And we all know the unpeaceful verses in the bible too. We can start a tit for argument using your own unpeaceful book rather easily.

Infidel means someone who does not hold the faith. That covers any faith.

If you twist that to mean non-muslims then you are no better than the muslims that twist it to mean non-muslims.

Why would Jesus and his mother Mary be revered in Islam if they thought they were infidels?
edit on 3-4-2012 by Nammu because: adding

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I can't figure out why aggression in the Middle-East is being regarded as such a sensational thing. Truthfully, I can't think of any point in history wherein the various peoples of traditional Israel and the surrounding countries haven't found some reason to fight; it seems to come down to a lot of proud, stubborn people hell-bent on living on the same land. That wouldn't be a problem, but they really just don't seem to like each other.

Seriously, though, I fail to see how its anyone's business but theirs if they choose to war. Why waste energy attempting to stop the inevitable? Of course, if so much as one nuke goes off, I'll eat those words.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Actually, the term infidel is an English translation of someone who does not recognize the one God/Allah, such as atheists and polytheists. Christians and Jews are not, doctrinally speaking, infidels. Some extreme interpretations of Islam may apply the term, but it is not correct.

The actual word infidel was used by Christians to describe anyone who is not Christian, even Jews and Muslims, but the use of this term when quoting Koranic verses is not exactly accurate.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Yea, this is basically what I was talking about - notice here the change in subject right off the bat:

Originally posted by Nammu

And we all know the unpeaceful verses in the bible too. We can start a tit for argument using your own unpeaceful book rather easily.

Back to the MAIN point.

Infidel means someone who does not hold the faith. That covers any faith.

If you twist that to mean non-muslims then you are no better than the muslims that twist it to mean non-muslims.

Infidel (in·fi·del) noun
1.Religion
a. a person who does not accept a particular faith, especially Christianity.
b. (in Christian use) an unbeliever, especially a Muslim.
c. (in Muslim use) a person who does not accept the Islamic faith; kaffir.
2.a person who has no religious faith; unbeliever.

Why would Jesus and his mother Mary be revered in Islam if they thought they were infidels?

Very interesting you should bring that up! Simple answer - they shouldn't be. In ALL definitions, Jesus and mother Mary should be define as Infidels from the get-go, because they were NOT Christians and they certainly weren't Muslims, they were Jewish.

Also, the reason I'm glad you brought it up.. isn't Jesus mentioned in the Quran 28 times, yet Muhammad is only mentioned 4 times?

Interesting.. Just, interesting..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Just because you can post an unsourced dictionary quote, it doesn't change the fact the usage of the word by yourself is wrong. As per the Koran, a Kafir is only someone who has rejected God, ergo, Jews and Christians cannot be considered Kafir because while they may well have rejected Mohammed they are still "children of the book" and believe in the same God.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The arabic word which some who are less knowledgeable in english have translated into as 'infidel' means "someone who covers something up" it can also be used for a farmer who plants seeds in the ground, we see this usage also in the quran..

However, when speak of kafir in the negative sense, doctrinally speaking, it is someone who knows the truth, (Of God and Islam) and has rejected the truth, with an added note of trying to hide what the truth is from other people. (Hence, becoming an 'enemy' of God) Thus, the best translation is unbeliever. (because of course a true believer would never do this)

In this sense the word can apply to anyone, but is actually more applicable (generally speaking) to Muslims than to any other group of people, due to the fact it is only the ones born into the faith who have full knowledge of 'true' Islam to thereby reject and try to hide it's truth, although it can also refer to outside entities with knowledge of and exposure to Islam as well.

The Holy Quran refers to Christians and Jews as people of the Book (Ahl al Kitab)....

edit on 3-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

"Back to the main point" as if you didn't derail the thread by pointless Q'uaran quotes

You are relying on sites that misinterpret the word infidel and incorrectly add 'infidel' into parts of the Q'uaran that don't have that word.

If you check out the actual meaning of where you added 'infidel' in those Q'uaran quotes you'll see it is actually 'disbeliever'. Go into your local mosque and ask. You might be surprised about what you learn.

Just remember not to read Deuteronomy 17 you might find your own holy book commands something similar. While the Q'uaran commands about how to treat disbelievers, the bible is also quite clear in what to do with those that convert to other religions and don't follow the Christian God.

But this is neither here nor there. The subject of the thread is When did Iran say it wanted to kill all jews?. The answer is it didn't and it doesn't. Iran has a flourishing Jewish population that would not accept offers from Israel to leave Iran.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

...and has rejected the truth, with an added note of trying to hide what the truth is from other people.

Pretty much like you hiding the truth about the suffering of people inside Iran...ow wait, but that's not about God and Allah and The Flying Spaghettimonster, so why should you want to give ammunition to "western people".

You religiously indoctrinated people disgust me.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I have the right not to reply you when you expose your true self in every word you speak. Don't let it hurt your male pride so badly...

I dislike fighting with anyone, you just enjoy fighting too much

HA! Maybe women should take over the world from you men! Men can have it back once a month for 1 week, you all shouldn't mess everything up too much in that time frame...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

I have the right not to reply you when you expose your true self in every word you speak. Don't let it hurt your male pride so badly...

Oh I don't take it personal at all, so don't worry. Male pride? Hmmm, I'm past this pride thing you speak of, hooray for evolution.

HA! Maybe women should take over the world from you men! Men can have it back once a month for 1 week, you all shouldn't mess everything up too much in that time frame...

I agree with this statement. No woman could mess up as badly as men can.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
Oh I don't take it personal at all, so don't worry. Male pride? Hmmm, I'm past this pride thing you speak of, hooray for evolution.

To be honest, I believe you to be exceedingly far from an 'evolved' being... in order to be considered evolved you must have conquered your nafs, exemplify patience, understand the balance of justice and mercy, etc. Neither you nor I can laud ourselves as being 'evolved.'

I agree with this statement. No woman could mess up as badly as men can.

And I disagree, it is, perhaps, only the evolved who are able to do any justice to governing us, it is only they who wont mess up.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Nice. Can't come up with anything better than to strongly imply I'm making up the definition? Okay, try this then.

I don't really care how technical you want to get. It's still in the same ballpark. The definition you state is not so much different. It's not like the difference between "Yes" and "No", so the fact you have to have a huge discussion on this one little word is testimony to how thinly veiled your argument really is.

reply to post by Nammu

"Back to the main point" as if you didn't derail the thread by pointless Q'uaran quotes

You can't be serious. You really need to practice your reading comprehension. They were not pointless, they have everything to do with the thread. You're the one derailing it still.

You are relying on sites that misinterpret the word infidel and incorrectly add 'infidel' into parts of the Q'uaran that don't have that word.

If you check out the actual meaning of where you added 'infidel' in those Q'uaran quotes you'll see it is actually 'disbeliever'. Go into your local mosque and ask. You might be surprised about what you learn.

As I've stated, it's dictionary.com. Hell, even Wikipedia agrees with me. Whatever it is you're trying to prove, it won't work.

Just remember not to read Deuteronomy 17 you might find your own holy book commands something similar. While the Q'uaran commands about how to treat disbelievers, the bible is also quite clear in what to do with those that convert to other religions and don't follow the Christian God.

You really want to go down that road? You do realize that the first five books of the Old Testament (known as the Torah) is Jewish Law? This does not mean that it does not apply to us (Christians), but we cannot fulfill the law. The whole point of the OT was to show how Mankind fails.

But this is neither here nor there. The subject of the thread is When did Iran say it wanted to kill all jews?. The answer is it didn't and it doesn't. Iran has a flourishing Jewish population that would not accept offers from Israel to leave Iran.

I agree, we're getting off topic. My answer still remains. I'm fairly certain they've said it loud and clear before, but as I'm too busy to look for sources, I got with the easiest answer - they definitely mean it indirectly, because their Religion, which is predominately Moslem, demands them too.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

the word you are seeking to define is not english therefore consulting an english dictionary will do you no good in finding said definition...the word is arabic and it is kafir...

linguisticly:

Kafar (verb) = Cover (verb)

they even sound the same

Cover is an arabic word derived from Kafar (the verb)

Kafir is the noune for that verb.

in arabic thay say

"Kafara Al taaam" meaning he covered the food

Or in the Quraaan Allah says " Kafara ankum sayyaaatokum" mening god covered your evil acts from coming back to you and harming you on judgment

We also have a term called " Kaffara of the sin" which means the blocker of the sin

We also have the perfume they use on the dead Called "Kafoor " in english " Kamphour"
very lilkly that even this is a derivative of the "kafar" verb to mean covering and blocking the bad smell of the dead person

Kafir is whom who covers, Blocks or denies the existence of Allah

Kufr is stages and any sin is a form of relative kufr however the high level of kufr which Allah refers to in the quraan is the denying of the existance of god almighty

Sins are kufr of gods religion because they represent blocking and deniing and covering his law however they are not considered to be denying the best news in creation " Allah's existance"

www.shiachat.com.../topic/234930731-kafirs-definition/page__view__findpost__p__1460269

It shows lack of common sense to consult an english dictionary or a person who only speaks english when seeking the definition of an arabic word... I gave you a very good definition in a previous post in this thread, it might help if you read it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

and even from your dictionary going by a poor translation it is:

infidel
1460 (adj., n.), from M.Fr. infidèle, from L. infidelis "unfaithful," later "unbelieving," from in- "not" + fidelis "faithful"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Wow i leave for a day and this post gets ridiculously off topic. Why is it that we are trying to have a dictionary battle on ATS?

Would everyone please make posts that are relevant to the thread we should be disscussing where all of this Iran hates the Jews thing came from and how the conflict between Israel and Iran could possibly be fixed.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
9/11

weren't Muslims behind 9/11?

oh wait, it was the Zionists on their holiday and day off from work

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a little info from 2008.

'July 14, 2008
An Interview with Morris Motamed
Talking to Iran’s Only Jewish Member of Parliament
by TRISH SCHUH

She is at www.BloggingTheJihad.com

Morris Motamed is the only Jewish member of Parliament in Iran’s Majlis, and is the official representative of the largest (25,000) Jewish community in the Middle East diaspora outside of Israel. The Persian Jewish community stretches back nearly 3000 years to around 680 BC when Jews fled King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylonia and were freed from Babylonian captivity by Persia’s King Cyrus the Great. Cyrus also underwrote the rebuilding of the Second Temple in Jerusalem.

But now those ties are under strain. President Ahmedinejad has repeatedly offended the Iranian Jewish community with his attacks on Israel and the Holocaust, and there is worry for the community’s safety if Israel attacks Iran. Concerns abound that the Jewish community could be pressured as they were during the Israel-Hezbollah War of 2006. After several synagogues in the southern city of Shiraz were attacked during the conflict, Jews held a pro-Hezbollah rally to prove their loyalty to the regime. In October, 2007 the Israeli press disclosed that "Danger!" letters had been sent to Iranian Jews by Jews in the diaspora warning them to flee ahead of an impending military attack on Iran.

Schuh: What is the condition of the Jewish community in Iran?

Motamed: Fortunately we have no problem in the Jewish community’s living conditions. People often ask if there was any change after President Khatami’s was succeeded by President Ahmedinejad and if there was any change in conditions for religious minorities, especially Jews? We always answered that fortunately and happily, that there was no change, and we hope that there will be no change in a negative direction..

Do you ever consider emigrating to Israel or the USA?

Emigration? I haven’t thought about it and haven’t decided anything. For the time being all my family members are living in the United States.

What is most difficult about life in Iran?

There is no difference between the way of life of the minority communities and the main body of the society, which means the Muslims.

A couple of years ago, it was reported that the Iranian government was going to force Jews to wear a star or marking on their clothes. What was the truth behind this?

Unfortunately, this was fake news published in a Canadian newspaper. I considered this news a big insult to the religious minorities of Iran. I refuted the story vigorously, , to the point that the source of the news and the Canadian government officially apologized to the Iranian government. The fake story was published in a newspaper following a resolution that was being talked about in Parliament on fashion and fabrics – and they twisted it.

Please comment on the alleged statement of Iranian President Ahmedinejad’s threat to "wipe Israel off the map". What did he actually say in Persian?

One of the basic principles of democracy is freedom of speech, so that a person can freely express his ideas and viewpointsas did Mr. Ahmedinejad. So after his speech we observed that some Iranian political authorities talked in a different manner ad said that Iran doesn’t seek the wiping out or destruction of any nation from the page of history or from the map.

What do you think of the Iranian nuclear program?

As a Jewish Iranian, I consider enrichment of peaceful nuclear technology the obvious right of Iranian society. What is sad here — and I’m so sorry about it — is that before the Islamic Revolution, we witnessed that western Europe and America pressuring Iran to obtain nuclear technology and establish a nuclear power plant. Now the idea is brought up: "Why do you want nuclear technology? What is the point of nuclear technology for you when you have rich resources like fuel and gas and oil?" My question here is why at that earlier time, the problem of natural resources was not brought up?

Does Ahmedinejad actually believe that there were no Jews killed in the Holocaust?

Fortunately after what he said about the Holocaust the first time, we found in his next speeches, he became more moderate. But not to the extent that he apologized or withdrew his statement.

Haaretz has mentioned cash incentives for Iranian Jews to relocate to Israel?
Iranian Jews are free. But three months ago we published a declaration that the freedom of decision making for Iran’s Jews is not for sale. Great numbers of Jews have been offered this infucement , but we don’t want to leave our homeland. We prefer to be here. '

due to space constraints i have condensed this down a little. a full interview should be at the above link.

best wishes fakedirt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join